Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:27:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Run OpenCL without updating Nvidia drivers??  (Read 1947 times)
SleepMachine (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 09:03:49 AM

I've been messing around with my home computer, trying to run OpenCL on my MSI NX 8800GT Zilent card, but i can't seem to update my  display drivers. I've tried almost everything now. Many driver versions. But none installs correctly, and windows won't start. =_=
The only driver version that works is an old (169.XX version from 2007)

I've been told by geebus that:
"Any driver version should work as long as you have the AMD APP SDK or nVidia OpenCL SDK installed."

Any driver should work?! That's news to me. Great news indeed, if true. I've googled a bit and all i've found is this:
"Note: OpenCL drivers have been included in all publicly available NVIDIA drivers since October 2009"
(http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opencl-download.html)

I've only found that bundle, and not any stand-alone OpenCL drivers. I did however try to install the "Nvidia GPU Computing SDK", to no avail.

After installing GPU caps viewer, it reports i have CUDA Support, but no OpenCL.

But trying to run the miner fails. And a CUDA demo app i've tried gives me errors too.

You guys have any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: