Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:16:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why was bitcoin written in C++ instead of pure C?  (Read 430 times)
promise444c5

Activity: 280
Merit: 141

Keep Promises !

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 09:11:18 PM

Does your statement apply to Java in general or just newer Java version? I often hear Java 8.0 or older is hated due to various reasons.

[1] https://openhub.net/p/linux/analyses/latest/languages_summary
[2] https://www.zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-prepares-to-move-the-linux-kernel-to-modern-c/

I have been a Java software engineer since 2017. When I first started we used Java 6. Now we mainly use Java 11.

Certainly Java has evolved. Before Java 8 it was a bit frustrating and not feature rich.

Java 8 was a huge development in my opinion. Then Java 11 is also a big step up.

Nowadays, Java 19 has some significant new features.

What I love about Java is the platform independence and the fact that it is maintained very well. People keep using it and keep supporting its development.
Never used java maybe because while I was starting my learning the horror I heard about it made me ran away from it Cheesy(poor me!) but I could say 70% out of known people  migrated  due to its implementation just like a mini C language

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apogio

Activity: 434
Merit: 966

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2024, 09:24:03 PM

Never used java maybe because while I was starting my learning the horror I heard about it made me ran away from it Cheesy(poor me!) but I could say 70% out of known people  migrated  due to its implementation just like a mini C language

What do you mean "migrated"? And more importantly what do you mean "mini C"?

Migration from C to Java is almost impossible. Most of the time the apps that are written in C, will remain in C, or they will be re-writen in Java from scratch.

promise444c5

Keep Promises !

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 09:28:36 PM

What do you mean "migrated"? And more importantly what do you mean "mini C"?

Migration from C to Java is almost impossible. Most of the time the apps that are written in C, will remain in C, or they will be re-writen in Java from scratch.
Although I don't use Java or have knowledge about it wither ....... just saying it's implementation is just like C  so I called it mini C(not interm of it's functionality though).
 "Migrated"=>  migrate to other language  but it was added to their skill stack (forgot to add that earlier).
JimmyCoin

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 11:50:11 PM

im no programming expert but this is my take...

asking this is like asking why anyone creates anything in their language of choice and not in assembly...

newer languages like c++ build on existing languages and make it easier for developers to achieve what they want with less work involved.

its the same reason developers choose unreal engine or unity to build their games and not their own because simply its less work to achieve their goal.
promise444c5

Keep Promises !

View Profile
March 12, 2024, 06:31:37 AM

newer languages like c++ build on existing languages and make it easier for developers to achieve what they want with less work involved.

Newer Languages  Roll Eyes
C++ has been in existence since 1979 although there were later ammendments for release.
Rust is  newer maybe that's what you meant

Unity=> C# (less work ,less speed)
UnrealEngine => C++ (more work , more speed)
alexeyneu

Activity: 312
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 07:11:23 AM

it used vectors from the start. it's stl and part of c++.you can check say base58 lib. no one can tell if he's good enough in C to do it that way
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: