Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Mine Multiple Pools Simultaneously Antminer S1??  (Read 4289 times)
mysongranhills2 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:21:12 PM

Does any one have any experience mining multiple pools simultaneously on the newest Antminer S1 firmware? I found some a guide on here ,but it involved the the old firmware and after trying it and restarting I was mining 0% on any pool. If any one can walk me through it I'd appreciate it.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mysongranhills2 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:26:35 AM

I have seriously tried everything. Nothing that worked on old firmware works on new. I'm almost tempted to downgrade. Any one have any ideas? I tried to find cgminer documentation but the version included with Antminer firmware seems to be use different commands or something since the stuff in /etc/config/cgminer and /etc/init.d/cgminer look different then what i'd expect after reading documentation.
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

I don't want to discourage you, just point out what little proffit I've recieved, I've recieved by mining one pool steady.  The only way I've gotten anything to mine a 2nd pool is to have more hardware on a different pc do the mining OR a new terminal window and one for the GPUs, one for the ASICs.  With how the S1 is, I really doubt you can start a 2nd instance of it from the console to have half of it mine one pool and the other half mine a second pool.

The only option I can see from here is get a 2nd S1 and set it to the other pool.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6234

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:26:01 AM

Did you follow this thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395721.0

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:01:19 PM

A simple procedure to get load-balance
Credits go to Kano https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.2380 who provided the guidance - thanks.

Putty into Antminer S1

(note:  on Windows, if you copy text (Ctl+C) then click inside Putty and click the mouse right button, the text will be pasted.  This can save typing and reduce typing errors)

cd /etc/init.d/

vim cgminer

type 'i'  (to enter edit mode)
using arrows move to the line that has $APP and make it #$APP

Next replacee the line that says
 PARAM=" --lowmem $AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-allow $_aa --api-listen"
with the following 3 lines:
 option pool_balance '--load-balance'
 MYSTUFF="-U Q1;pool1 -O user1:pass1 --load-balance -U Q2;pool2 -O user2:pass2 -U Q3;pool3 -O user3:pass3"
 PARAMS=" --lowmem $AOPTIONS $_pb --api-allow $_aa --api-listen $MYSTUFF"

Where Q1, Q2, Q3 are integers representing the weight given to Pool1, Pool2, Pool3 etc.
(for example if Q1=5, Q2=4, Q3=1 then Pool1 will use 5/(5+4+1)=0.5 (50%), Pool2 will use 4/((5+4+1)=0.4 (40%) and Pool3 will use 1/(5+4+1)=0.1 (10%) of the total hash rate of the miner
pool1 is the web address of pool1.  user1 is the user name in pool1 and pass1 is the password for pool1.  If you don't have more than 2 pools, just omit the pool3 parameters.

when you finished editing, type 'Esc' (to stop editing) then ':wq' to write the edited file and quit.

Now type 'reboot' and enter
close the Putty session.
Relog into the Antminer gui, when the Antminer finishes rebooting and go to the miner status tab, wait until mining resumes.  Verify that the desired relative loads are in effect (checking the received shares at the pool end may assist).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: