Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a commercial place to mine bitcoin and expand in future.  (Read 1445 times)
Pcpoet (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

So I want to find a place to setup a bunch of btc miners, but my house does not have enough electricity.

So I wanna find a place, I think something like "industrial where house" right? correct me if I'm wrong.

I live in Orange County, Cypress city, Southern California.

How many amp do I need if I'm serious about expanding more miners in the future.
How hard is it to find high power like 500amp plus for 1000 square-feet? Where do I go to find one? Does contacting a real estate agent help? Thank you so much in advance.  Smiley

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:35:14 AM

Most of the industrial shops that you've probably seen in socal only have 100A panels. You might be able to find a heavy manufacturing shop with a larger panel, but usually those places aren't a good environment for mining equipment.

I host my mining farm in a datacenter in Irvine, CA for under $800 a cabinet with 0 setup fees and includes 10mbps internet.  Cold isle/hot isles, locking cabinets, 24/7 access. PM me your contact information and I'll have them get in touch with you.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:13:02 AM

Cypress huh?  Are you stuck with SCE and paying a ridiculous $0.35 KW/h like I am here in SoCal?
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:17:20 AM

So I want to find a place to setup a bunch of btc miners, but my house does not have enough electricity.

So I wanna find a place, I think something like "industrial where house" right? correct me if I'm wrong.

How many amp do I need if I'm serious about expanding more miners in the future.
How hard is it to find high power like 500amp plus for 1000 square-feet? Where do I go to find one? Does contacting a real estate agent help? Thank you so much in advance.  Smiley

Make sure you calculate your return carefully, even mining at home is not profitable (free rental)..

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
libitum

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:44:03 PM

Just google for "datacenters", "collocation services" in your city.
Usually you will rent a 10U or a 40U rack. That should be enough for storing few (<10) miners.

No limit with electricity supply. However electricity is pricy because it includes cooling + their hidden profits. Expect 3 times more expensive electricity than running those at home.

Datacenters give you 24/7 access to your miners, however always supervised by their staff. In (Europe) its about €100 per hour. That means that if you spend 5 hours configuring your miners, you spend €500 for having someone breathing on your neck who has no idea what a bitcoin miner is.

There is however no other way to pile enough miners. No home can run more than 10TH because of electricity limits.

Reviews of Bitcoin Miners. $500 Rebate KNC Neptune Miner (http://www.libtium.com/?page_id=88/)
BTC5OOO

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:34:53 PM

pm me your e:mail ~ you going to satoshi square #4? =) *blessed
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:03:17 AM

It's too bad your on the west coast and I am in the north east.
I have been going over the electricity output of the methane electricity generation plant on the farm and I have been seriously considering converting over one of the buildings to host a mining operation.  The problem is if I do it I do not have any money to buy the miners.  The building I could convert is nice, clean, and open format.  My father-in-law could have it insulated and cooling put in for the summer months easily.
I had not approached him about it seriously other than just a rough outline due to my lack of funds.
You can't beat free electricity in this business.  We also had fiber internet connection installed there this past fall.
I think I am going to have to put together a business plan and see if I can figure out a way to get this going.

As for your question do this.
Check out local office and retail spaces in mid level areas where you want to be.  They typically have access to steady power, internet and security.
Most of those types of spaces also have good cooling which will help you out quite a bit.
One thing I had seen alot of before I got injured was office spaces that were safe, secure and most notably inexpensive as there was so much of it unused due to the recession.  Landlords and companies offering the space are bending over backwards to get people to rent or buy their space.

Another thing you want to look into is insurance.  That way if anything is stolen or damaged you are covered.  There are lots of companies that insure data centers and such for reasonable rates.

I hope this helps you out.

xtonn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:14:36 AM

"industrial where house" right? correct me if I'm wrong.

It's "industrial warehouse" - not "where house"

A warehouse is a place to store goods..."where house" is a question that can answered by looking in your wallet for your home address.

Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:01:59 AM

i think i remember pcpoet from the avalon scam didn't you supposedly get a miner?
Pcpoet (OP)

Activity: 156

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:59:00 AM

i think i remember pcpoet from the avalon scam didn't you supposedly get a miner?

No, I got scam 7 avalon Sad

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:05:57 AM

hey im in socal running miners also about to get into a datacenter. im  checking out Coresite http://coresite.com/locations/los-angeles/la1-one-wilshire

i was at satoshi square #4, and #thisisbtc the other day on santa monica.

we should put it together and get a cage.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
Don in Texas

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:39:09 PM

hey im in socal running miners also about to get into a datacenter. im  checking out Coresite http://coresite.com/locations/los-angeles/la1-one-wilshire

i was at satoshi square #4, and #thisisbtc the other day on santa monica.

we should put it together and get a cage.

I used to have a Corporate Apartment just up Grand Ave on Bunker Hill. I often find myself back in LA too.
I have been thinking of One Wilshire as a perfect datacenter. That building is where all the Big Pipes come into.
Thoughts being that being AT a major hub, blocks would be easier to find ??
JayRobo

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:15:05 AM

I run a small farm in a warehouse north of the O.C.

Around 15 cents kw/h

Warehouse has a 208v panel with I think 200 amp capacity.
Old warehouse had something like 400volt and 400 amp capacity.

What I did was buy a few datacenter cords and converted the wall sockets to 220volt thereby halving the required amps.
Currently running scrypt miners but each machine only uses something like 5.5 amps. Place stays really cool too.

OC prices are just ridiculous :S go to the inland empire Cheesy
botolo86

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:22:52 PM

WOW many miners from my same area. I am in Santa Monica. Any chance we guys can meet and share ideas and passion for BTC?
IamRichard

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:17:15 PM

WOW many miners from my same area. I am in Santa Monica. Any chance we guys can meet and share ideas and passion for BTC?

April 2nd bitcoin event in Santa Monica. Ill be going Cheesy
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

pcpoet, sent you a PM.

now to all you West Coast/ So Cal miners, here is a link to sign an IRS petition. thanks. sbfree

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/amend-irs-notice-2014-2taxing-virtual-currencybitcoin-property-stifles-new-technologycreates/z7WtKZGY

talk about it in your meeting to let others know about it.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:24:25 PM

I did a quite article with links for CCN to help get the news out there on it.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/29/white-house-petition-amend-irs-notice-2014-2-taxing-virtual-currencybitcoin/

pcpoet, sent you a PM.

now to all you West Coast/ So Cal miners, here is a link to sign an IRS petition. thanks. sbfree

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/amend-irs-notice-2014-2taxing-virtual-currencybitcoin-property-stifles-new-technologycreates/z7WtKZGY

talk about it in your meeting to let others know about it.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:08:53 AM

Hardware mining is dying a quick death.  Why not try some cloudmining?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: