Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction disappeared, and bitcoins disappeared.  (Read 1163 times)
ShakerRaiders87 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:20:14 AM

I just sent 7.17 BTC from Multibit to my blockchain.info acct.  I put in the pw in Multibit and it says something like:

"The bitcoins were sent successfully.  It is unknown how many peers have seen it"

That is paraphrasing but pretty close.

In the Transactions list, there is a triangle icon by the transaction and the BTC never shows up in my Blockchain acct.

So I do Reset Blockchain and Transactions three times in Multibit and it is not showing either the transaction or the missing BTC.   I don't know how that's possible...either they are there or they were sent somewhere.

But of course my question is how do I get them back?  How long can they be stuck in nowhere?  I have about 200 receiving addresses in Multibit, so do I need to check every one of them on the blockchain and find out where the BTC is and then export my private key to recover them or what?

Thank for you any help..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShakerRaiders87 (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:55:57 AM

Ok so I did Reset Blockchain and Transactions 10 times and didn't work.  My bitcoins were still gone and no trace of the transaction.

So I finally had to export all my private keys to a file and put it in Excel.   But guess what...The Private key export doesn't link the Public Key to the Private Key so I had 200 Private keys and no way to figure out which matched up to my missing
BTC...nice, job Multibit !

So I just had to try them one by one in Blockchain and eventually I found the right one and was able to sweep my bitcoin into Blockchain.info.

It is absurd and inexcusable that my 7.17 BTC was sitting in that address, CLEARLY on the blockchain, yet Multibit would not let me access it or even let me know they were there or what address they were under.  

Anyway bottom line is..

Goodbye Multibit !   I will find some other software that actually works and doesn't try to destroy $3500 of my funds.
filchef

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:30:55 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:54:16 PM by filchef

Ok so I did Reset Blockchain and Transactions 10 times and didn't work.  My bitcoins were still gone and no trace of the transaction.

So I finally had to export all my private keys to a file and put it in Excel.   But guess what...The Private key export doesn't link the Public Key to the Private Key so I had 200 Private keys and no way to figure out which matched up to my missing
BTC...nice, job Multibit !

So I just had to try them one by one in Blockchain and eventually I found the right one and was able to sweep my bitcoin into Blockchain.info.

It is absurd and inexcusable that my 7.17 BTC was sitting in that address, CLEARLY on the blockchain, yet Multibit would not let me access it or even let me know they were there or what address they were under.  

Anyway bottom line is..

Goodbye Multibit !   I will find some other software that actually works and doesn't try to destroy $3500 of my funds.

So you can make new wallet in MultiBit and import all private key from old wallet and let them to synchronize with blockchain so in new wallet don't have history of transaction and coins maybe back - don't forget to close old wallet before synchronization.....and bay me a few beers with bitcoins if this work. Wink
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:28:26 PM

well perhaps multibit needs some new improvement as many bugs and issues were posted last two months..
But still this is good wallet Smiley

Just ... with some bugs Smiley
But nobody yet (I think) lost his BTC's during any Multibit transaction.
chronicaust

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:26:25 AM

So you can make new wallet in MultiBit and import all private key from old wallet and let them to synchronize with blockchain so in new wallet don't have history of transaction and coins maybe back - don't forget to close old wallet before synchronization.....and bay me a few beers with bitcoins if this work. Wink

Yes maybe this would have worked as well but considering Multibit lost them, I really didn't want to import them back into Multibit so they could just get lost again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: