Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stablecoins or Fiat?  (Read 443 times)
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 673

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
April 09, 2024, 03:58:56 PM

When planning to protect yourself against volatile crypto market prices, which type of currency do you prefer? A stablecoin, or a traditional Fiat currency (USD, EUR, JPY, etc)? Why did you make that choice? Would you prefer holding either currency long-term? Or crypto is better for that?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
from my own perspective I don't think that holding a Fiat currency have any advantages because holding a Fiat currency will not add any value instead of that the value will continue to depreciate so one thing I understand through holding of Fiat currency is that it will be easier for you to spend but I will acknowledge the fact that holding of cryptocurrency will add more value because it is an asset so it can neither increase or also decrease in value so this is the two advantages and disadvantages that is into holding of a cryptocurrency, me I prefer holding of cryptocurrency more than any of the option.

To be on the safer side, I prefer going both ways in order not to make a great mistake. Like the way my local currency value is fluctuating, I can't take the risk of saving all in fiat.  

Aside from holding a few cryptos like the ones I trust to hold for a long , I prefer to hold much of the stablecoin, which is pegged to the USDT, than my local fiat.

The USDT has been gaining value over my currency, which saves me a lot when the value reduces, and also puts me on the safer side in case my local currency gains value over the USDT.
in the aspect of holding an altcoin for long time it will have advantages and disadvantages and for you to hold altcoin you have to make sure that you are holding the one that I have a potential and the one that is reputable in the market so not any notcoin that what to hold that is why many of us venture into disadvantages aspect of altcoin investment you must verify and understand the procedures and who is the furtherance of that particular Project before you hold.

to protect myself from the volatile crypto market, maybe i will take stablecoins like usdt to protect my assets from the volatile market. because i can't rely on my country's currency which is currently unstable due to political turmoil and i don't want to risk my assets losing value due to this. so choosing usdt stablecoin might be the best choice, since it's more stable and i can convert it faster on an exchange if i ever need to.
no one can agree to hold a Fiat currency so I believe that holding a Fiat currency is something that is not totally okay to anyone who is an investor because once you hold a Fiat currency with you made appreciate it based on the country inflation holding a cryptocurrency like altcoin especially the potential ones it will give you profit in future that maybe multiple of what your invested or what you hold, so in summary you should hold what will give us increase in future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ben Barubal

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 09, 2024, 04:13:00 PM

When planning to protect yourself against volatile crypto market prices, which type of currency do you prefer? A stablecoin, or a traditional Fiat currency (USD, EUR, JPY, etc)? Why did you make that choice? Would you prefer holding either currency long-term? Or crypto is better for that?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley

Aren't fiat and stablecoins the same thing, right? Maybe when we see that there will be a big correction in the market, we can convert it to stablecoins, and then when it returns to the rally, we can return our bitcoins, right?

At least this way, it's pretty okay, in my opinion. It is also possible not to change it to USDT, then while the price value is falling, we are just waiting to buy when we think that the peak bottom of the reversal has been reached and we have confirmed it, then we buy again before it reverses, right?

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 04:07:18 PM

You think people will switch from fiat to stablecoins? No chance for citizens of countries that use "healthy" currencies like the U.S dollar, Pounds, etc. Prolly people from third world countries who have shit currencies that is greatly affected by inflation and hyper inflation, they might decide to use USDT that is pegged to the U.S dollar.

That being said, USDT is very risky, it is centralized just like fiat currencies, but the institution that issues it is far less trusted than central banks that print fiat currencies. Stablecoins could be depegged and people who hodl it can lose their money in the twinkle of an eye, but fiat currencies stored in the bank is at least insured up to a certain amount.

Exactly. The risks of holding stablecoins are much higher than simply holding Fiat. Stablecoins are only convenient for people living in countries with a high inflation rate. The rest won't have any need to use a stablecoin, unless they want to get higher interest rates with their savings. "De-Fi" provide attractive rates for stablecoin deposits not found anywhere else. You'll have to decide what works best for you.

What matters is that you protect yourself against the volatile nature of the crypto market. As long as you win more than what you lose, there should be nothing to worry about. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: