Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical items, coins etc.. || Issue related question ??!  (Read 369 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3009

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 12:03:48 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2024, 06:54:49 PM by ChiBitCTy

^ Seems like weak reasoning to me. Anyone could get an address from another user or buy a coin and do it so not publishing a list actually solves nothing at all. Certainly buying a coin that you’ll empty is cheaper than manufacturing coins and holograms, which has a high cost. It would be 10000x easier and cheaper to buy a Casascius coin and compromise the hologram, then reattach and sell, draining the funds in transit than to try and manufacture one from scratch using a found address. I also don’t think manufactured fakes are a realistic concern when buying from trusted individuals, which should always be the case. However, what is a real concern is makers like yogg or hodl having coins that should be funded which aren’t. We know this because of the addresses. There are also users who don’t post their list of addresses because they lack basic skills, foresight, or they are inflating their sales numbers to try and dupe potential buyers. All red flags. Whoever told you otherwise is likely grasping at straws because they’re guilty of one of the 3 options I just listed.

Respectfully disagree bud.

I gotta ask though, if it’s not a big deal, privacy wise, why cover the first bits ?

Edit: also, just thinking...not keeping them private allows for dust.  So, just all reasons I'm against it. I certainly understand both sides of things, but I just see things differently than I use to due to all these different factors. It’s a tough conversation really as both sides just want what’s best.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███