Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing transactions in history  (Read 731 times)
faustus66 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:14:36 PM

Hi,

One of our miner collective uses Electrum to receive his miner income.

He uses two separate addresses for receiving daily income from two separate machine installations.

One address has consistently reflected the received transactions I.e. it mirrors the blockchain tranaactions.

The other address history is missing transactions from between the 14th and 24th march. These transactions show up correctly in the blockchain but not in the electrum history.

He was using Electrum 1.9.5 on PC when he noticed the issue and upgraded to 1.9.8

New transactions are now showing up with the version change but he is still missing transactions in the history.

Any ideas how he can get these transactions to show up in his history.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:14:51 PM

Try a different server. Use the Network green button.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
scurvydog

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

I had the same problem so I found this thread. Here is what I ultimately discovered:

Setup/Scenario:

Electrum 1.8x [now upgraded to latest 1.9x]
Used 4 different addresses for different classes of miner payments.

Problem:

Like OP I see transactions on the blockchain which are not referenced in "History".
In my case you can see a balance in a relatively new wallet where no transaction relative to that ID is shown. [see: Receive - Receiving Address/Balance]

Finding:

Like OP I am getting payments from a mining pool. I discovered that multiple payments to my various addresses are wrapped up in a single transaction.

I believe this is a limitation in the display of Electrum, while the balance will be correct the transactions aren't itemized if they fall within a single txid.

Hope this helps!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: