Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet audit  (Read 447 times)
takuma sato (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 425

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 05:57:38 AM

"Buying something" with BTC may be cool if you are dealing with small amounts. The moment BTC goes to 100k, 200k, 300k.. and your wallet is now 7 figures, and you continue to use it limited ot Bitrefill coupons and whatnot, it is a bit of a joke. You have all that money but you cannot really upgrade your life quality.
If you want to move and live on a better area, diversify in other assets, buy a better car, increase monthly expenses.. you can't do anything relevant with the money. A solution is needed and part of it is being able to interact with the fiat system in one way or another, thus the audit being part of it. There has to be a jurisdiction that isn't some dodgy non CRS country that would be ok to do banking with the funds.

I disagree. You can do anything you want, as long as you don't mess with other people's freedom and of course as long as you don't hurt someone.
Why can't you buy a car with BTC? I think the reason is because the car company doesn't accept BTC as a payment. That's also true if you try to buy a car in the USA, using Norwegian Krone. If you are using cash, they will ask you to exchange it to USD first, before you can proceed with the payment. If you pay using a card, then the payment processor (Visa / Mastercard etc.) will do the exchange silently behind the scene and they will charge you for that.

Finally, just a quick question. According to the quoted text above, is there any usage of Bitcoin that you like? Or is there a reason why you own it in the first place? My question isn't ironic, but it looks like you have plenty of "flaws" to accuse bitcoin for, but you have no positives to indicate. Am I wrong?

You have to register your car with the government records the moment you get it, so even if you manage to buy the car, they will ask where the money came from. And they will definitely ask if you buy a property.

Governments don't give a shit about our right to privacy. Look at the Samurai Wallet guys. They are screwed for life for making some open source software and users are also by default seen as suspicious. The whole thing is fucked up.

I think Bitcoin is great and so on but when it comes to actually using it, it's very limited unless you want to KYC the stuff can do it. If you have a relevant amount and you can't properly KYC im not sure what's the point. You can't even pass it on your family since they will never understand how to sync a node, use download the source code, compile it, run Core, do the airgap raw transactions with 2 laptops, use Coin Control etc. So all this money will be lost with you when you are gone basically. It's crazy. Which is why I would rather try to KYC the whole thing and put it on the SP500. The problem is how to do that when your funds aren't easily KYC'd.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: