Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rethinking Memecoins: A Potential Gateway for New Investors?  (Read 281 times)
God bless u

Activity: 322
Merit: 109

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 11:19:55 AM

While I haven’t personally tried investing in Memecoins, my friends often ask me for advice on where to put their money in the crypto world. I usually suggest sticking to popular ones like BTC, ETH, and ETC. But some friends still go for Memecoins, even though many people think they’re not worth much.

After a few weeks, I started receiving messages and calls from these friends, sharing their successes with Memecoins. One friend even made a nice sum of money trading ROOST, experiencing what seemed like beginner's luck. He then wisely diversified his investments, putting some money into more serious projects and continuing to dabble in other Memecoins. Despite my initial skepticism, I've seen some progress.

I've always held the belief that Memecoins could potentially harm new investors in cryptocurrencies, leading them to feel discouraged after getting burned and thinking that the entire crypto market is volatile. However, my friends are all aware of the risks and only invest small amounts, treating it more like a game that eventually leads them to explore more substantial projects.

While I'm still not a supporter of Memecoins, I'm open to hearing other opinions.

Look meme coins are very confusing especially from the previous year they have been performing really well.  I mean it's obvious that some of the projects are scam and they made you to lose your money but the real meme coins that has a good fanbase and marketing team are giving people some good profits.

I have seen an era where people are preferring to invest in meme coins more than the altcoins. Because an altcoins can give you up to 5x but at the same time meme coins can give you up to 50x. Thats why greed has attracted people so much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raflesia

Activity: 2324
Merit: 564

_""""Duelbits""""_

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 12:09:21 PM

For now, I actually still believe that being in memecoin cannot be fully called an investor because even though in this case investment can be based on short or long term but for memecoin it is much shorter than that so I think it is not worthy of being called an investor but it is still suitable to be said as a person who makes momentum where they manage to get in and out quickly.

Because investing in memecoin is clearly not recommended especially for the long term because we certainly know that for now memecoin is still not worthy of being used as an asset that we can enter for the long term so in this case momentum is what is important for us to know because being in memecoin can be profitable if it is at the right time and can be very detrimental if we do not know what scheme to do when in memecoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Rabbitqt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 12:09:43 PM

While I haven’t personally tried investing in Memecoins, my friends often ask me for advice on where to put their money in the crypto world. I usually suggest sticking to popular ones like BTC, ETH, and ETC. But some friends still go for Memecoins, even though many people think they’re not worth much.

After a few weeks, I started receiving messages and calls from these friends, sharing their successes with Memecoins. One friend even made a nice sum of money trading ROOST, experiencing what seemed like beginner's luck. He then wisely diversified his investments, putting some money into more serious projects and continuing to dabble in other Memecoins. Despite my initial skepticism, I've seen some progress.

I've always held the belief that Memecoins could potentially harm new investors in cryptocurrencies, leading them to feel discouraged after getting burned and thinking that the entire crypto market is volatile. However, my friends are all aware of the risks and only invest small amounts, treating it more like a game that eventually leads them to explore more substantial projects.

While I'm still not a supporter of Memecoins, I'm open to hearing other opinions.

It's great to hear that your friends have had some success with Memecoins! Your approach of advising caution while still being open to their choices seems balanced. Memecoins can indeed offer opportunities for gains, especially if approached with the right mindset and understanding of the risks involved.

Your point about Memecoins potentially being a gateway for new investors to explore more substantial projects is insightful. For many, it serves as an entry point to the crypto world, sparking curiosity and encouraging learning.

It's always crucial to remind everyone, especially newcomers, to do thorough research, understand the projects they're investing in, and never invest more than they can afford to lose. As the crypto market continues to evolve, it's essential to stay informed and adaptable to new trends and opportunities.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 10:22:53 PM

For now, I actually still believe that being in memecoin cannot be fully called an investor because even though in this case investment can be based on short or long term but for memecoin it is much shorter than that so I think it is not worthy of being called an investor but it is still suitable to be said as a person who makes momentum where they manage to get in and out quickly.

I actually agree if we were to look at the definition of an investment.

Investment is the accumulation of an asset that could provide you with money or profit. Since memecoins aren’t really good for long term holding can we consider it to be an asset? If it will just lose value in a short amount of time?

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 04:54:44 AM

I actually agree if we were to look at the definition of an investment.

Investment is the accumulation of an asset that could provide you with money or profit. Since memecoins aren’t really good for long term holding can we consider it to be an asset? If it will just lose value in a short amount of time?
A bad investment is still an investment, it is just one that it does not benefit anyone that decides to risk their money with it, which describes meme coins perfectly.

However new investors let themselves be heavily influenced by social media and influencers, so they end up believing they have bought the next bitcoin while it is still on its early stages, not really realizing that what they really bought is just one of the many different and useless clones that appears every time we are close to the bull run.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 05:36:26 AM

A bad investment is still an investment, it is just one that it does not benefit anyone that decides to risk their money with it, which describes meme coins perfectly.
You described it perfectly.

I believe rather than blaming the mean of investment people should reevaluate the decisions they make. If an investment goes bad then maybe they are making the wrong decisions and should see other ways how to maximize that particular investment they decided to partake in.

However new investors let themselves be heavily influenced by social media and influencers, so they end up believing they have bought the next bitcoin while it is still on its early stages, not really realizing that what they really bought is just one of the many different and useless clones that appears every time we are close to the bull run.

I think this is a product of laziness. People want easy money with minimal effort. So what is the best way to do that by having someone else research the “good” coins for you and just invest on it?

God bless u

Activity: 322
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 08:53:09 AM

The perspective of people regarding meme coins have completely changed after some projects like doge, Shiba, Pepe and even Pi. People used to think that meme  coins are not worth it to invest but these projects have proved that they're very much worth it.

The problem is that there is a plenty Of risk involved while investing into meme coins. You never know which one will get your good profit. Hit and trial method needs a lot of patience and asset as well. Thats why still people are avoiding them even the fact that they have given good profits to many users .

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2024, 10:18:23 AM

As you have suggested top coins so there is no doubt about their success but in case of meme coins they will always be in doubt and will be in fear of losing money. I think we have to first concentrate on top altcoins and if we have some more amount then you should also invest in meme coins. Meme coins are risky but when they become profitable then their advantages are so high that their profit is higher than top coins.

New investors have lost money due to meme coins because they have no experience in choosing the coins so they don't search about the coin but randomly choose coins for investment and their ambition is only to get lots of money in short time which is greed and due to such greed they lose money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 11:39:58 AM

The perspective of people regarding meme coins have completely changed after some projects like doge, Shiba, Pepe and even Pi. People used to think that meme  coins are not worth it to invest but these projects have proved that they're very much worth it.

The problem is that there is a plenty Of risk involved while investing into meme coins. You never know which one will get your good profit. Hit and trial method needs a lot of patience and asset as well. Thats why still people are avoiding them even the fact that they have given good profits to many users .

No, the only thing change is there's a lot of people trying their luck on their investment on Meme coins but the what people think about meme coins still the same. If you see the comments of people about meme coin in this forum they still call it as scam which they have a point about it.

Although there's a lot of people earn on their meme coin investment and there are some good meme coin doing well on the market still that doesn't prove anything yet.

Maybe if there's good use case with meme coins and there's a lot of tokens will succeed which goes the same with those tokens you mentioned then provably that there would be a good changes will happen on meme coin scene. But now people will continue to think that meme coin is just another scam if we continue to see that there's a lot of scammers take advantage with this.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Volimack

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 11:59:57 AM

Many investors are discouraged from buying meme coins because they only get value from the hype. When the hype started to die down many investors rushed to sell tokens, contributing to big losses for hodlers. Therefore it is better to choose top currencies that can easily solve this challenge and eliminate the need for traders to come in the risk here is low.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 12:39:18 PM

Well, it's better to be safe than sorry because if it's not your money, it's better for you not to take the risk of telling them about meme coins because what we want from here is to prevent ourselves not to getting blamed some bad scenarios concerning the crypto market if anything happened on their investment. Honestly, Memecoins are riskier than investing in bitcoins or any top altcoins in the crypto market today. Since they are popular now, we expect that a huge number of other scams Memecoins will emerge and might gonna cause some major trouble with the new investors when they are lured to invest in those fake Memecoins which are made only for pump and dump purposes.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 03:08:22 PM

Realizing that memecoins will not make you rich and only will hurt you takes time, and a lot of people think that if they make a good amount of profit from it they can get out, but the sad reality is that the number of people who made a profit from memecoins is far lower than people who lost money from it.

The way to make money is to sell right at the correct time, but if you don't then everyone else (sold or not) are all in a loss right now. Sure there are moment when the price goes up, but that doesn't mean that we are going to end up with a loss, we should consider that as a lesson. I believe that memecoins are things to stay away from and if you know what you are doing then you are going to find other coins that would be quite good to invest and make a profit from as well.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 06:14:47 AM

Realizing that memecoins will not make you rich and only will hurt you takes time, and a lot of people think that if they make a good amount of profit from it they can get out, but the sad reality is that the number of people who made a profit from memecoins is far lower than people who lost money from it.

The way to make money is to sell right at the correct time, but if you don't then everyone else (sold or not) are all in a loss right now. Sure there are moment when the price goes up, but that doesn't mean that we are going to end up with a loss, we should consider that as a lesson. I believe that memecoins are things to stay away from and if you know what you are doing then you are going to find other coins that would be quite good to invest and make a profit from as well.
Most people do not really understand the markets and this explains why they keep investing in meme coins, the markets are a zero-sum game, which as we know this means that in order for anyone to earn a dollar someone else needs to lose it.

So if a person is looking to invest in meme coins and make 100x their capital, they need 100 people just like them to lose their whole capital, and even if they were to achieve this goal, there will be 100 people that failed to do so, so it is obvious there will always be way more losers than winners, and if people understood this, they may think it twice before investing in those coins.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Venik

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 06:31:45 AM

Memecoins may be a gateway, but also can make people never touch crypto again. It's an unpredictable and chaotic market, even more than the regular altcoin market.
andyou1234

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 03, 2024, 09:49:25 AM

Currently memecoin is an investment that is very popular with crypto users, especially for new users or beginners, where memecoin can provide large profits in a short time, but you need to know that memecoin is like buying a lottery and gambling on it. if you are lucky then you will make a profit and vice versa you will experience a loss, and not all memecoins will give you success, I suggest that if you want to invest in memecoins, you should choose memecoins that are developing or are on the rise,

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: