Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slovenian crypto tax proposition  (Read 237 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 12:48:12 PM

I hope that the rest of the European Union will take the same approach that Slovenia did.

I sincerely doubt that something like this will happen, when it comes to taxes, each country has its own rules. If EU member states want to create a favorable framework for investing in cryptocurrencies, then they already have several templates used by some EU member states. The point is that politicians in all countries do not have the same level of knowledge and will to regulate this way of investing - and this only contributes to uncertainty and confusion among investors.

Isn't there some judgment of the EU court on cryptocurrencies?
I think I read it somewhere but now I can't find it.
In fact, in my opinion, it would be logical for the European Central Bank and the EU Council to give an official opinion on cryptocurrencies and then for all EU countries to implement it in their tax and other laws and regulations.
A lot of things are very well regulated in the EU, there are many rules and regulations, but there is no official decision for cryptocurrencies yet, which is a bit unusual.
I really like the Slovenian proposal on cryptocurrencies and I hope that something similar will become a reality in other EU countries, such as Croatia, but I am not optimistic.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 07:51:14 PM

Slovenian government wants to simplify crypto taxation by proposing either 10% tax on converting crypto to fiat/spending on goods and services or alternatively pay 25 % on the profit you make. Amounts up to 15.000 € per year would not have to be reported.

https://www.total-slovenia-news.com/business/8821-slovenia-changes-proposed-cryptocurrency-tax-10-tax-on-amount-sold-of-25-of-profit
This is a great move I think by Slovenia because this tax rate of 10% is quite less if you compare it with normal tax rates in the countries which means people using cryptos would be in a better situation with taxes if they use cryptos instead of using fiat, lately a lot of countries are struggling with crypto taxations so this type of solution can be used by other countries too, but the problem here would lie in enforcement, for conversion into fiat you can obviously trace down with exchanges but if a person pays directly for goods and services there is no way you can find out about this transaction if he decides not to declare it. This can be a pretty easy method of tax evasion. It will be interesting to see how Slovenia enforces this.
zeuner

Activity: 189
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 01:42:27 AM

I hope that the rest of the European Union will take the same approach that Slovenia did.

I sincerely doubt that something like this will happen, when it comes to taxes, each country has its own rules. If EU member states want to create a favorable framework for investing in cryptocurrencies, then they already have several templates used by some EU member states. The point is that politicians in all countries do not have the same level of knowledge and will to regulate this way of investing - and this only contributes to uncertainty and confusion among investors.

Isn't there some judgment of the EU court on cryptocurrencies?
I think I read it somewhere but now I can't find it.

The ECJ has ruled that there is no value added tax imposed when Bitcoin is sold (C-264/14), thereby securing the foundation of Bitcoin being used similarly to stocks or fiat currencies.

When it comes to income tax, I think the member states are still pretty free in the rules they create.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: