Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most P2P occured on WhatsApp, Telegram and everywhere on the streets  (Read 200 times)
Ruttoshi

Activity: 336
Merit: 275

Baba God Noni

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 02:32:40 PM

Crypto: Peer-to-peer trading is worth $500bn in Nigeria – Cryptocurrency expert

The CEO of one of NoOnes who was the former CEO of Paxful, Ray Youssef said so. That crypto trading in Nigeria is 10x more than what is reported which are on centralized exchanges. That most crypto trading takes place on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

Speaking on the astronomical P2P transactions on Friday, the NoOnes boss asserted, “Peer-to-peer is probably like a half a trillion dollar business inside Nigeria alone. That’s the truth. Officially, cryptocurrency volume in Nigeria is at $59 billion a year, and that’s just all the official volume of everything that is happening on centralised exchanges that can be tracked on the blockchain. Yeah, let’s say $59bn to $60bn.

That’s a joke; the real volume is ten times more than that. That’s peer-to-peer, and that’s not just volume that has happened.” Youssef added that most of the P2P transactions do not happen on Binance or any other platform but on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

I did not know this exchange, NoOnes until now. I only know him as the former Paxful CEO. Is this a way to market his exchange or he is telling the truth?

I know some people in my street that do not know how to trade on centralized crypto exchanges. All they need is a bitcoin wallet and a vendor which they can meet on social media or on the street.
He is saying the truth on trading on other platforms apart from exchanges. The reason why he came out to say this, is to let the government to know that delisting Naira from exchanges will not solve the problem or change anything, because there are platforms that are not exchanges that you can still trade bitcoin.

Nigerians have no option than to use any service available, if FG finally delist Naira from all the exchanges which we are using. When that time come, we go cross the bridge. No problem without solution, but na only Nigeria problem come be like say no solution.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Fiasem20

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 08:07:55 PM

Crypto: Peer-to-peer trading is worth $500bn in Nigeria – Cryptocurrency expert

The CEO of one of NoOnes who was the former CEO of Paxful, Ray Youssef said so. That crypto trading in Nigeria is 10x more than what is reported which are on centralized exchanges. That most crypto trading takes place on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

Speaking on the astronomical P2P transactions on Friday, the NoOnes boss asserted, “Peer-to-peer is probably like a half a trillion dollar business inside Nigeria alone. That’s the truth. Officially, cryptocurrency volume in Nigeria is at $59 billion a year, and that’s just all the official volume of everything that is happening on centralised exchanges that can be tracked on the blockchain. Yeah, let’s say $59bn to $60bn.

That’s a joke; the real volume is ten times more than that. That’s peer-to-peer, and that’s not just volume that has happened.” Youssef added that most of the P2P transactions do not happen on Binance or any other platform but on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

I did not know this exchange, NoOnes until now. I only know him as the former Paxful CEO. Is this a way to market his exchange or he is telling the truth?

I know some people in my street that do not know how to trade on centralized crypto exchanges. All they need is a bitcoin wallet and a vendor which they can meet on social media or on the street.
The government might delist NGN on all centralized p2p exchanges but there is going to be an excape route for Nigerians to trade but might be quite risky.Platforms like Whatsapp, telegram and so on can be used to trade Bitcoin and other cryptos if mutual trust among members of the platform are solid.
For Nigeria to be one of the top leading countries promoting the use of Bitcoin and other cryptos transactions, alternatives will definitely come from enthusiast.The things is if the government happens to delist NGN on all p2p exchanges and other platform are used to continue trading, please know your vendor as we all know that any transaction made cannot be reversed so we should be mindful on how we deal with vendors.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Mr.suevie

Activity: 532
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2024, 09:15:02 PM

I saw this news earlier today, and I was reading through it this morning. The figures, which are half a trillion dollars of speculation, might not be correct, but I see some sense in what he said, as I have also witnessed a lot of big trade being carried out before. 

I know of someone whom I helped purchase bitcoin earlier this day, maybe around February. This person acquired all his USDT through some WhatsApp group, where all they dealt with was purely P2P trade, and no transaction less than $1000 was carried out there. I don't know how they were able to build such trust within themselves, but a lot of money is flowing through that group. 

Also on Telegram, you can conduct P2P trades, which are worth millions of naira on a daily basis, with the help of an escrow that doesn't even charge a dam. From both parties, his work is just to secure trade between both parties, so a lot of trades are being carried out off the targeted exchanges. 

The only thing that I believe will affect Nigerians is that if the government succeeds in bringing down all the major exchanges that support NGN/USDT pairs, both P2P and spot, there will be a lot of scams and manipulation on WhatsApp and other platform trade, especially for those who might not know their way around to trade on other Dex exchanges. Those telegram and WhatsApp vendors will now see themselves as gods, and as such, they can decide which rate they want to buy coins from and which rate they will not.
Omo no be small thing we go play if this thing actually come through especially for the aspect of scammers, even now wey some CEX still dey try their best to regulate transaction through P2P, people still dey find wey dem wan take scam person and this thing nearly happen to me today sef as the vendor dey claim to have actually sent payment and claimed that banks are not working because of some sort of shutdown but I no fear because say I never actually release coins but if na all these Whatsapp group Omo who knows watin fit play out .

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Belarge

Activity: 420
Merit: 85

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 10:57:49 PM

Additional to this, government should realized that the rising to the increasing exchange rate of naira to dollar is because of the too much dependance of the country's economy on foreign affairs, most of the Nigerians students prefers to travel abroad for education, the Nigerian government itself depends on international medical supports for medicines and other equipment in which they can survived without the use of dollar exchange rate, trading or the crypto platforms aren't the reason to the increasing rate of exchange of naira to dollar, instead the poor economy and high dependencies on international importations.
The dollar will always rise above the total expenditures but we should also try on our ends to boost our confidence of appreciating our currency towards the dollar. I think it's cooperative connect that will make us achieve this. P2P occurred on platforms that's easily to compact information between one another. The Nigeria governmental system have been corrupted and these men in power will do anything within their reach to subdue Nigerians to their very taste.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: