Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying forest with bitcoin  (Read 196 times)
cryptolauris (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 03:23:57 PM

Hi fellow Bitcoiners!

Me and my team are building blockchain based platform for investments in real world forests. Right now we are working on stablecoin implementation, however, I would like to ask you - would you be interested to buy forest backed security tokens with Bitcoin and if so would you prefer to receive dividends in Bitcoin over stablecoins? If you are interested further in the project, our website is https://www.upwood.io where you can read our whitepaper and sign up for waitlist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1660

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 03:34:25 PM

Hi fellow Bitcoiners!

Me and my team are building blockchain based platform for investments in real world forests. Right now we are working on stablecoin implementation, however, I would like to ask you - would you be interested to buy forest backed security tokens with Bitcoin and if so would you prefer to receive dividends in Bitcoin over stablecoins? If you are interested further in the project, our website is https://www.upwood.io where you can read our whitepaper and sign up for waitlist.

From a marketing perspective, you should create a better looking thread with more information and more graphics. You cannot just expect everyone will be interested enough to click on your website link, you need to give them a "sampler" of the most interesting infos.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 03:36:52 PM

How will this token/stablecoin make money?  There are already charities that do this for free.  What good does a blockchain add - why would one need to prove that a certain tree was planted in a certain way?

Climate change will not help this project, as a tree does not become carbon neutral/negative for twenty years.   Embarrassed

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 03:46:16 PM
Merited by electronicash (1)

What I see on the site it looks like an investment site to me because the forest shows ROI and investment and it looks like the forest there does not exist look at the image below what I pointed to.

We know all investment sites are scam so I don't think this will work here no one would willing to invest this kind of project.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 03:51:04 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2024, 10:26:49 PM by Mr. Big

How will this token/stablecoin make money?  There are already charities that do this for free.  What good does a blockchain add - why would one need to prove that a certain tree was planted in a certain way?

Climate change will not help this project, as a tree does not become carbon neutral/negative for twenty years.   Embarrassed

Token is backed up by the forest so token holder will earn dividends from carbon credit income and forest land value increase. We plant the forest and it will be certified with Verra (globally recognised certification). Growing trees absorb the CO2 and the amount of CO2 offset will be calculated by independent auditors who issue certificates that can be sold.

Blockchain in this case allows to tokenize and fractionalise the ownership over the asset, therefore, offering forest as an investment to people that previously were not able to invest in forests due to high entry barrier or lack of competencies how to manage the forest. Other benefit is that we eliminate greenwashing with blockchain, carbon credits can be traced and retired on a transparent ledger, thereby, companies buying carbon credits will be able to prove their offsets with an immutable ledger.

The tree starts to offset CO2 as it starts to grow, however, carbon offset can be certified in 5 years. And yes planting trees only, will not stop the climate change, however, it is one of the ways on how to offset emissions and together with other carbon offset/removal technologies we can reach our climate goals.    

What I see on the site it looks like an investment site to me because the forest shows ROI and investment and it looks like the forest there does not exist look at the image below what I pointed to.

https://i.ibb.co/XxgMnFy/image.png

We know all investment sites are scam so I don't think this will work here no one would willing to invest this kind of project.

Yes, we are building investment platform that's right. I would not agree that all investment sites are scam. There are many scams, however, we are building legit business in European Union consulting with local financial regulator and building it under supervision of Latvian Bank (as we are based in Latvia, that's our financial regulator). Since we are in starting phase we are still working on obtaining the licences.

The purpose of the post was more to understand the demand from bitcoin community and should we implement it as payment method.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 04:23:15 PM

The tree starts to offset CO2 as it starts to grow

This is not true.  Ignorance of this simple fact makes me question your education.   How much do you know about trees?  

Trees produce CO2 as they grow, just like any other living creature.  Once they are grown, photosynthesis starts to take in more CO2 than produced.    Until that point, around twenty years for most trees being planted, the tree requires more oxygen to grow than the leaves take out of the atmosphere.

The majority of the population seems to have similar knowledge, which is scary.   Trees planted in the 1900's are helping; anything planted today will just hasten climate change.  

The purpose of the post was more to understand the demand from bitcoin community and should we implement it as payment method.

??   You chose to use a blockchain - your entire audience is in this community.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 04:56:02 PM

The tree starts to offset CO2 as it starts to grow

This is not true.  Ignorance of this simple fact makes me question your education.   How much do you know about trees?  

Trees produce CO2 as they grow, just like any other living creature.  Once they are grown, photosynthesis starts to take in more CO2 than produced.    Until that point, around twenty years for most trees being planted, the tree requires more oxygen to grow than the leaves take out of the atmosphere.

The majority of the population seems to have similar knowledge, which is scary.   Trees planted in the 1900's are helping; anything planted today will just hasten climate change.  

??   You chose to use a blockchain - your entire audience is in this community.

Well, there is significant amount of research done to build methodologies for carbon credit certifications, first carbon offsets come in 5 years representing the amount trees absorbed in those first 5 years. When the tree is mature it actually absorbs CO2 very slowly, therefore, forest plantations actually offset more than overgrown tree. And if you are saying that anything planted today will hasten climate change, that's simply not true. Planting trees is not an answer, it's one of the solutions in the complex set of actions we should take. In the end of the day, we offer to park your BTC in stable and environmentally friendly asset, depends on your investment strategy, however, I do believe that it's a great asset to diversify portfolio with.
Yamane_Keto

Activity: 462
Merit: 486

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 04:58:19 PM

Well, there is significant amount of research done to build methodologies for carbon credit certifications, first carbon offsets come in 5 years representing the amount trees absorbed in those first 5 years. When the tree is mature it actually absorbs CO2 very slowly, therefore, forest plantations actually offset more than overgrown tree.

Providing detailed data about where the trees will be planted and how this can be verified is necessary, and because the trees grow and do not move, to gain credibility, mapping tree (tree’s GPS data) must be encoded in the form of an NFT token and then sold on this basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsO6XOaTwo

You have a registration number Reg. No. 4445554465 I did not find any data planted with that registration number, without proving that there are real trees being planted. This is an investment scheme, and with an ROI of 50%, this is a scam.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 05:10:57 PM

Well, there is significant amount of research done to build methodologies for carbon credit certifications, first carbon offsets come in 5 years representing the amount trees absorbed in those first 5 years. When the tree is mature it actually absorbs CO2 very slowly, therefore, forest plantations actually offset more than overgrown tree.

Providing detailed data about where the trees will be planted and how this can be verified is necessary, and because the trees grow and do not move, to gain credibility, mapping tree (tree’s GPS data) must be encoded in the form of an NFT token and then sold on this basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsO6XOaTwo

You have a registration number Reg. No. 4445554465 I did not find any data planted with that registration number, without proving that there are real trees being planted. This is an investment scheme, and with an ROI of 50%, this is a scam.

Yes, bringing the technology to forest is in our plans. We certainly, want to use available technology to map out the area and get as much as possible data.

Not sure how you are thinking to find data on forests planted with registration number of the company, is there a way to check that? Cheesy

The ROI stated there is based on 10 year investment period and that's realistic return for forests. I understand that our first website version may look as scam and we have not obtained licences yet which we can showcase on our website, however, the aim of the post was bit different.
Yamane_Keto

Activity: 462
Merit: 486

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 05:21:29 PM

Well, there is significant amount of research done to build methodologies for carbon credit certifications,
Yes, bringing the technology to forest is in our plans. We certainly, want to use available technology to map out the area and get as much as possible data.
You are telling me that the results of the significant amount of research that you said are promises. You cannot expect serious investments without providing data.

It is assumed that you have land and you will cultivate it and then sell carbon credits. If your company’s registration number does not provide details about the company and prove that you own the piece of land, what is the benefit of it?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 05:54:54 PM

sounds a lot like establishedtitles.com where people were shouting scams about it. i remember these titles were being promoted back in covid times when people are actually buying land titles in Scotland to become a lord lol

i don't know about you but buying a forest seems really cool if it's a real property where you can settle there by putting up a cabin or a bunker like the billionaires. but a digital forest is like Whaaat?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 06:02:32 PM

Well, there is significant amount of research done to build methodologies for carbon credit certifications,
You are telling me that the results of the significant amount of research that you said are promises. You cannot expect serious investments without providing data.

It is assumed that you have land and you will cultivate it and then sell carbon credits. If your company’s registration number does not provide details about the company and prove that you own the piece of land, what is the benefit of it?

We are working with auditors that have quite sophisticated software to calculate carbon credit amount for the next 40 years. It is a forecast yes, as no one can predict what will happen in the nature, there may be hot and dry summer, trees can grow worse or there may be years of really good weather conditions and trees will grow better then expected. It's also a matter of good forest maintenance as planting trees is just one step and we partner with experts in forestry to ensure healthy forest growth and professional maintenance. So investor can focus on growing investment portfolio and wealth while we take care of the forest.

All the data on the investment offering specifically is provided in investment memorandum which legal document tied to the offering and available only for registered investors on the platform. Investment memo also has all the information on 3rd party evaluation of property and information on the ownership of the land. The reason for making the document available only for registered investors is due to legal factors as we hold private placements and not public offering.

In terms of registration number here is the link to our company in official Latvian government Business register website https://www.ur.gov.lv/en/legal-entity/?id=40203494875

And thanks for the video you posted previously, we are actively looking for good technology and tools to collect data from forests.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 06:09:35 PM

We are working with auditors that have quite sophisticated software to calculate carbon credit amount for the next 40 years.

Great - finally something we can verify.   What is the name of the auditing firm?

cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 06:23:44 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2024, 10:26:15 PM by Mr. Big

We are working with auditors that have quite sophisticated software to calculate carbon credit amount for the next 40 years.

Great - finally something we can verify.   What is the name of the auditing firm?

https://www.arbonics.com

They pull data from various GIS (Geographical Information Systems) and have algorithms to calculate possible outcome of CO2 offset based on the land cadaster number provided. Further, after 5 years they inspect the forest plantation and issue https://verra.org/ certified carbon credits.

sounds a lot like establishedtitles.com where people were shouting scams about it. i remember these titles were being promoted back in covid times when people are actually buying land titles in Scotland to become a lord lol

i don't know about you but buying a forest seems really cool if it's a real property where you can settle there by putting up a cabin or a bunker like the billionaires. but a digital forest is like Whaaat?

No no, we are not selling digital forest, we are offering security tokens backed up by real world forests. Real world asset tokenization is one of the best examples of blockchain technology.
Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2024, 11:23:55 PM

Token is backed up by the forest so token holder will earn dividends from carbon credit income and forest land value increase. We plant the forest and it will be certified with Verra (globally recognised certification). Growing trees absorb the CO2 and the amount of CO2 offset will be calculated by independent auditors who issue certificates that can be sold.
How will you calculate the amount of CO2 that the plants (first confirm whether are you talking about the real ones) will absorb? I mean there is no authentic or logical number to it or is there any. Well, the concept is quite amazing for me, maybe there would be some work already done on this but I am not aware.

That's why I find this amazing, but eager to know how and according to which equation you will calculate the amount of CO2 a plant is in-taking as different have a different amount (that I can tell) plus don't you also consider a factor of O2 that they will be providing us. Overall, I will not say for sure that I will test it, but let's see if your platform will convince me, you should build it first completely then do some marketing I hope you will get some investors soon.

cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2024, 01:06:05 PM

How will you calculate the amount of CO2 that the plants (first confirm whether are you talking about the real ones) will absorb? I mean there is no authentic or logical number to it or is there any. Well, the concept is quite amazing for me, maybe there would be some work already done on this but I am not aware.

That's why I find this amazing, but eager to know how and according to which equation you will calculate the amount of CO2 a plant is in-taking as different have a different amount (that I can tell) plus don't you also consider a factor of O2 that they will be providing us. Overall, I will not say for sure that I will test it, but let's see if your platform will convince me, you should build it first completely then do some marketing I hope you will get some investors soon.

The amount of CO2 trees absorb are calculated with scientifically developed methodologies and algorithms. We are not going to do it ourselves and leave this part to our partners. There are multiple factors they use to calculate that, such as, soil fertility, tree species, biomass area etc. You can dive more in depth here https://verra.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/VM0047_ARR_v1.0-1.pdf

MimiPaps

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2024, 04:54:29 PM

Hi fellow Bitcoiners!

From a marketing perspective, you should create a better looking thread with more information and more graphics. You cannot just expect everyone will be interested enough to click on your website link, you need to give them a "sampler" of the most interesting infos.

I wholeheatedly agree with you. Lots of convincing will be needed and texts might not work. Eitherways, It will be something exciting to look out for
Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2024, 05:58:30 PM

The amount of CO2 trees absorb are calculated with scientifically developed methodologies and algorithms. We are not going to do it ourselves and leave this part to our partners. There are multiple factors they use to calculate that, such as, soil fertility, tree species, biomass area etc. You can dive more in depth here https://verra.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/VM0047_ARR_v1.0-1.pdf
So, there are some equations to calculate CO2, well that's totally new to me, as I never heard of it before, and I am not a technical person that I could check the equations and can understand them but I did looked up on your PDF and its quite good. I think you guys have done your homework well.

I would love to see your final project, but I guess you should work on your website layout a little more, as it's my personal view and other members might find it cool. Best of Luck.

cryptolauris (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2024, 03:52:02 PM

So, there are some equations to calculate CO2, well that's totally new to me, as I never heard of it before, and I am not a technical person that I could check the equations and can understand them but I did looked up on your PDF and its quite good. I think you guys have done your homework well.

I would love to see your final project, but I guess you should work on your website layout a little more, as it's my personal view and other members might find it cool. Best of Luck.

Thanks for the feedback. We are redesigning our website completely. Carbon credit market itself is complicated and it will be very difficult for regular person that is not involved with it to verify the amount of carbon credits generated, that's why we trust scientists, credible organisations and auditors. We also talked with state officials about this, locally I know that our climate ministry is having working groups to develop national level methodology, however, it seems that national and EU level methodologies will come in few years. There are many firms that invent their own methodologies, however, our choice is to go with Verra as corporations who buy carbon credits trust mainly Verra and Gold standard methodologies.   
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
April 18, 2024, 04:22:03 PM

The site is incomplete and lacks a lot of information to make investors look at the project, like who are the people behind the project and what your experience in carrying out the project.

Who are these people
Lauris Borodovskis (Chief Executive Officer)
Armands Rudzitis (Chief Financial Officer)
Janis Liepins (Chief Marketing Officer)
Volodymyr Havrylyuk-Yensen (Chief Legal Officer)

There's no mention of your office or location or even videos that will make potential investors believe this is legit before people become interested in your project you should show transparency.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: