Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance executive who escaped from Nigeria have been arrested in Kenya  (Read 55 times)
Marvelockg (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 124

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 07:44:15 AM

In a latest development from punch newspaper, Binance executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla, has been arrested by the Kenya Police Service, and he would be extradited to Nigeria this week by INTERPOL.” report has it that the Federal Government had traced Anjarwalla to Kenya, following his escape from lawful custody in Nigeria.

Following the development, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the International Criminal Police, the Nigeria Police Force, and the Kenyan Police Service have deepened talks to quicken Anjarwalla’s extradition.

my take on this
even after the whole sanction of binance and the supposed arrest of her executive, it hasn't affected the economy in any positive way and the whole Nigerian crypto ecosystem is still functioning effectively with the use of other exchange platforms. What's then the whole interest in effecting this arrest to the point of following them up outside th shores of this country?

after bringing the binance executive back to custody in Nigeria, what next? Is it just they can pay up for what fg has fined them to or what?

what's your view regarding this development?

Source.
https://punchng.com/kenyan-police-arrest-binance-executive-who-escaped-from-nigeria/?amp

Charles-Tim
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 4907

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 07:50:44 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2024, 08:10:04 AM by Charles-Tim

Binance executive arrested in Kenya is already existing on the thread we are discussing about Nigeria vs Binance issue: Kenyan police arrest Binance executive who escaped from Nigeria.

after bringing the binance executive back to custody in Nigeria, what next? Is it just they can pay up for what fg has fined them to or what?
The court case continues. May 17. The court will likely tell Binance to pay fine.

Cossyblack

Activity: 62
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 08:22:53 AM

In a latest development from punch newspaper, Binance executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla, has been arrested by the Kenya Police Service, and he would be extradited to Nigeria this week by INTERPOL.” report has it that the Federal Government had traced Anjarwalla to Kenya, following his escape from lawful custody in Nigeria.

Following the development, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the International Criminal Police, the Nigeria Police Force, and the Kenyan Police Service have deepened talks to quicken Anjarwalla’s extradition.

my take on this
even after the whole sanction of binance and the supposed arrest of her executive, it hasn't affected the economy in any positive way and the whole Nigerian crypto ecosystem is still functioning effectively with the use of other exchange platforms. What's then the whole interest in effecting this arrest to the point of following them up outside th shores of this country?

what's your view regarding this development?

Source.
https[Suspicious link removed]cutive-who-escaped-from-nigeria/?amp

I think our government knows what they are doing. The fleeing Binance executive isn't clean and might be guilty of those criminal charges leveled against him,if not,why then is he running. I think we should all support our government on this.The fleeing Binance executive should be extradited and should be taken to court were he can defend himself against those charges and proves his innocent before the world..I rest my case
Charles-Tim
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 4907

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 08:33:33 AM

I think our government knows what they are doing. The fleeing Binance executive isn't clean and might be guilty of those criminal charges leveled against him,if not,why then is he running. I think we should all support our government on this.The fleeing Binance executive should be extradited and should be taken to court were he can defend himself against those charges and proves his innocent before the world..I rest my case
The Binance executives are guilty of what? You do not see the Nigerian government to be harsh on them but you see them guilty. Nigeria government has used this to teach other foreigners lesson not to come to Nigeria to address any issue but to stay in their country and communicate online instead.

Marvelockg (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 124

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 09:37:52 AM

The Binance executives are guilty of what? You do not see the Nigerian government to be harsh on them but you see them guilty. Nigeria government has used this to teach other foreigners lesson not to come to Nigeria to address any issue but to stay in their country and communicate online instead.
this is a very valid point. Collaboraring with binance as a company would have been a preferred option  since they already have chunk of users in this country and then if they are probably forced to have an office here, it would have been an easy way to tax them and generate some revenue through that means rather than just showing this form of loosenes in disrespecting tarnishing the image of the company.

I guess one of the reason why this is happening is that the level of frustration that's affecting our economic leaders is just too much and they are juat looking for any possible thing to lay there hands on that will help stabilize the economy but it's obvious they are going about it the wrong way. If you observe, most of the foreign companies that comes to Nigeria and that are surviving well are those they are directing benefiting from and you can't see this level of attack on oil companies regardless of how they try to avard payment of taxes. There had been worse event in the oil and gas sector when foreign companies do not meet up with what's expected of them and some will even mine and excavate resource that's not in Thier jurisdiction but because some selected political personal gets some peanuts from them, no one gets arrested or even think of pursuing them after leaving the country.

If binance decides to pay this guys some amount of money, it wouldn't take long before this whole issues will be swept under the carpet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: