Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:41:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCP- Twenty One Million and One [W.I.P.]  (Read 114 times)
SeeBiscuit (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 111

bit.ly/SCP-8218

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 10:33:38 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2024, 09:17:13 PM by SeeBiscuit

Hi, bitcoinlandia  Smiley.

Why do you think the moon has craters?

To celebrate the 4th Halving, I started the creation of a bitcoin-themed fan-fiction that will hopefully take the form of an entry in the SCP Foundation webpage in the near future.

If you do not know what the SCP-Foundation is, here is a good place to start: https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/

UPDATE: 4-20-23
-Woooo my first halving event since I started my Bitcoin journey! This was way better to experience than the solar eclipse I gotta say  Grin. Cheers to everyone in the community.

-Site membership acquired. We are part of the SCP Foundation now yay! Cheesy

-Ideas critique forum thread created: https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/forum/t-16779016/twenty-one-million-and-one

-Sandbox initiated: https://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/twenty-one-million-and-one

-Discord idea critique thread created: https://discord.gg/scp

-Thread moved to Project Developmental under suggestion of forum user @Vod.

UPDATE: 4-21-23

-The site in which the USPS box appears, where Dr. M. permanently lives/works, and where the meeting between both administrators take place, will be Foundation Site 103. Suggested by SCP Website Member @Expert Mint via the Idea's critique discord thread.

-I am currently considering if I should give B.I.T.B.O.T. the ability to obfuscate the true bitcoin balance on the ledger. Cool way to add the plausible deniability aspect of bitcoin to the story. I would definitely make it so that people that have the bitcoin alert key, will also always know the true balance of the ledger. Thoughts?

-I have made a simple drawing that depicts what happens if any amount of the 1.00000000 bitcoin from the near-parallel universe gets transacted onto our universe's blockchain.

The following content is related to a bitcoin-themed SCP entry I am in the process of drafting. I have written out all of the fundamental concepts of the SCP already, but there's still so much work to do. This includes story writing, concept art, audio recordings, and even possibly a short 10 minute film depending on how far I decide to go with it.

The site moderators are very nice people, interacting with them during the first stages of account creation and application submission was super smooth. Becoming a member of the SCP wikidot website grants you the ability to not only make an SCP entry, but also use the sandbox feature, critique area, and so much more. Since I want feedback on this sooner rather than later, I'm going to post the entire SCP entry here and make change's as the process of making an official SCP entry unfolds.

I urge you guys to give me your unfiltered and raw feedback. This is our chance to make another strong mark on one of the internet's best kept secrets. There are 31 mentions of Bitcoin using the sites search function:

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/search:crom

With the oldest mention of Bitcoin being 15 years old!  Shocked

Ideally, posting the bitcoin related SCP entry in both the bitcoin forum and the SCP foundation wikidot site will yield for a great system of taking in user feedback.

The SCP Foundation is a community driven project.

Bitcoin is a community driven project.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

Vires. In. Numeris.

Chasing wealth is pointless, and it is incomparable to the riches of His eternal grace.

SCP-8xxx: The 21,000,001st bitcoin

Object Class: Keter Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: Every single crater on the surface of the moon is to be labeled and dated with an indestructible, discreet marking. We must always maintain an exact count of the amount of crater's on the surface of the moon. SCP- and it's contents, whether separated or not, are under no circumstances to be in the possession of any sentient organic/inorganic thing intelligent enough to use bitcoin software, outside of those entrusted with a copy of the bitcoin alert key. In the event SCP- reassembles the moment the halvening takes place, all foundation resources are to be used to locate SCP- if it does not reappear at site (). Dr.-M must maintain position at site (), and is to never leave under any circumstances until the next halving event occurs.

In the event one of the 100,000,000 parts of SCP-BTC is transacted onto our universes blockchain, a K-CLASS end of the world scenario will commence.

Description: SCP- is a United States Postal Service box that has evidence of being opened one time, and then resealed with packing tape. The box is from a parallel universe in which Satoshi Nakamoto made 21,000,001 coins.

It contains SCP-8-SHEILD, SCP-8-BTC, and SCP-8-SWORD.

Together, these three items are to be used to protect our world from GEOVOIDL.

SCP-SHEILD is a Ledger cold storage device with only a bitcoin wallet installed to it.

SCP-BTC is the collection of 100,000,000 satoshi's from a parallel universe identical to ours in every way except their Satoshi made 21,000,001 coins in 2008.

SCP-SWORD is a handgun that appears to be made of solid gold. On the side of the handgun, are 24 words etched into the metal in two rows. They are written in Latin. 01010011 01000011 01000001 01001101 01000010 01010101 01010011 01010100 01000101 01010010 is inscribed on the other side.

The Ledger: SCP-8218-SHEILD

-Error appears if other cryptocurrency software outside of bitcoin is attempted to be installed.

-Can be dismantled, but all parts of the ledger are 100% indestructible.

-Will automatically reconstruct itself and appear back inside the USPS box the exact moment a halving event block is mined in this universe.

-Never turns off, even when dismantled. Always displays 100% battery.

-When dismantled, it can still be used as long as both buttons can be pressed down on, and the screen can be seen in real time.

-The buttons, when pressed down on, control the display screen. The buttons make a clicking sound when pressed down on, even when separated from the ledger.

-The screen holds an artificial intelligence named B.I.T.B.O.T. that you can speak to so long as you are in a 12-meter physical range of the screen. B.I.T.B.O.T., when speaking, will display captioned text on the screen as well as emit audio (female) of what it is saying that can be clearly heard. B.I.T.B.O.T. cannot control the ledger or the bitcoin inside it, and states her main objective is to be someone friendly to talk to. She has and can pull from all knowledge/information of parallel universe's internet but does not know or can access information from ours. She will only make herself known to people that possess the bitcoin alert key.

-Contains SCP-8218-BTC.

The 21,000,001st bitcoin: SCP-BTC

-Balance reads 1.00000000 on SCP-8218-SHEILD.

-If any satoshi from SCP-BTC is to be sent to a wallet associated with our universe’s bitcoin blockchain, the following will occur:

1.)Every 1ms in real time that passes, 1 satoshi is deducted from every wallet in the network and subsequently routed to one of the various "Satoshi" wallets. The entire internet ceases to function while this is occurring.

2.)All simultaneously becomes unable to read, comprehend, or understand the private key to their bitcoin wallet.

3.) Any private key inscribed on something physical will cause that physical thing(s) to rise into the air, glow an intense luminous orange color, and gain an unnatural amount of density. The same will occur to any physical thing(s) used to mine bitcoins.

4.) The physical thing(s) that starts to glow, emanates a cognitohazardous aura that causes other human beings around it to become fearful of that physical thing, and are compelled to find a spot where they can safely observe it from a distance.

5.) After glowing for a time of exactly 15 mins, the physical things will then all begin to shoot up into the sky at breakneck speeds, leaving a trail of beautiful orange dust in its wake as each one cracks through the atmosphere. They make their way towards our moon.
6.) When each physical thing impacts the moon, a pillar of orange colored energy rebounds back out from the impact site several kilometers into space.

7.) When viewed from the earth, the moon glows and looks like the sun for the entire duration of the event. The people viewing this down on earth find it beautiful and cannot help but stare in awe, becoming extremely emotional. People will verbalize their regret for being greedy in various instances in their life, shouting at the moon.

8.) Finally, after all orange glowing physical things are finished impacting the moon, a surge of energy is radiated from the moon, acting as an amnestic that causes everyone to forget what just happened.

It is speculated in an addendum in the SCP entry that the amnestic energy wave released to make everyone forget what happened is actually the second to last part of the event:

-The last part of the event apparently involves the sudden generation of a planet-size literal mesh net.

1.) Each "node" in the mesh net is a twenty four kilometer wide spherical ball of electricity, molten lava, and fungal organic life. Each node is connected by solid gold rods.

2.) The nodes all become active at once, becoming impossibly dense. The rods glow orange and course with energy. Time is then reversed back to the moment (REDACTED). The literal physical meshnet dissipates. The moon is not affected by this, and only the earth's timeline is reversed.

The Handgun: SCP-SWORD

-Solid gold handgun that can shoot gold bullets. Infinite ammunition. Does not need to be reloaded. Cannot be dismantled and is indestructible. Safety mechanisms are noted.

-The bullets fired from the handgun can pierce anything. Standard handgun recoil.

-Bullets that hit anything organic/inorganic presumed to be unintelligent enough to use bitcoin software affect that thing as normally. (i.e. if I shoot a deer, small child, or badly coded artificial intelligence built locally onto a standalone computer, they will be affected by the bullet like any other bullet.

-Bullets that hit anything organic/inorganic presumed to be intelligent enough to use bitcoin software cause a smaller and condensed version of what happens to physical things when a part SCP-8xxx-B is sent to a wallet in this universe.

-The intelligent organic/inorganic intelligent thing is pierced with the bullet, and the bullet stops travelling. The intelligent organic/inorganic intelligent thing starts to glow orange for about 5 seconds, gains an abnormal amount of density, and then is shot into the sky towards the moon.

-The person holding the gun instantly dons golden special operations task force armor and is cured of blindness.

-The armor is indestructible and weightless. The armor persists if the gun is holstered but fades away if the gun is put down or dropped.

-Person gains heightened senses of taste, smell, touch, and hearing. Person gain’s ability to sense incoming danger or evil behavior involving currency of any kind.

-The person now can jump ()m high and incurs no injury when landing. Landing has no effect on the ground.

-The person now can see ()m away, and now has unmissable aim. The person can see through walls.

-The person can now run up to a speed of ()km.

-There are twenty-four words etched into one side of the handgun in Latin

-01010011 01000011 01000001 01001101 01000010 01010101 01010011 01010100 01000101 01010010 is etched into the other side of the handgun.

Story Content

I want the story to involve someone that already works at the Foundation happening upon the USPS box.

Dr. M, who permanently lives and works at Foundation Site () for unknown reasons, suddenly gets hit in the head with a USPS box that appears above his head. The site holds and studies SCP's that are financial-based, digital-based, and machine/electronics based. It is unknown why Dr. M cannot leave Site (), but his main function there is doing voice over narration's of every single SCP entry that serve all members of the Foundation who are visually impaired. Dr. M is also an avid Bitcoin enthusiast, but most people do not know this, as he keeps it to himself.

The box has a logo of the SCP foundation drawn onto it with sharpie. Written under the logo, are the words:

“FOR THE ADMINISTRATOR AND https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35 ONLY.”.

The researcher who finds the box immediately rushes it to a secure holding room. He awaits the arrival of the Administrator. The Administrator arrives first and will then open the contents of the box, confused initially because he doesn’t know too much about Bitcoin.

Remembering that he runs an organization that contains the anomalous, and given that this box just appeared above a Foundation employee who's side hobby directly relates to the anomalous object, with a note that says its for himself and Administrator 35…

He decides to start taking the steps to acquire Administrator 35 in person for questioning.

Dr. M: This guy isn't just going to physically join us in an enclosed room. He probably doesn't even know we exist…I'll send a private message to him and explain everything. I'm a legendary member on the forum, and hold a good post to merit ratio. Still doesn't matter, it's a shot in the dark, and I would be putting my forum account at //risk by just PM'ing such a thing.

[/i]

Administrator 35 arrives to the door of site (), with the Administrator standing by patiently waiting.

Administrator: Hi there. You don't look like the Administrator of anything. Who are you?

Administrator 35: There are snipers everywhere. The defenders of the network are ready the moment I feel crossed. I am fucking tired and have eighty things I need to finish today. Who are you and what is this place?

The Administrator immediately begins to howl with laughter after hearing Administrator 35 talk. He feels as if he is standing in front of an equal. Someone who understands the burden of responsibility. Someone who understands what it's like His laughter then slowly fades into a few chuckles, before donning a soft, almost empathetic smile. He stared at Administrator 35 with a spark in his eyes. He just wanted to tell Administrator 35 that everything will be okay with a warm embrace of a hug. He knew it was too early for this…

Administrator: You sound like the Administrator, haha. Please, come inside. It is so nice to meet you!

Administrator 35 follows the Administrator into the building, still posing the same two question's to the Administrator. They conversate inside shortly, acquainting he, the Administrator, and Dr. M. with each other. They take a side exit out of site () and walk into the middle of a large field. No three members of the group are carrying any technology capable of being connected to the internet. Dr. M. is holding a typewriter in his hands. The Administrator is holding SCP- in his hands. All three are now all sitting cross legged on the grass far out in a field next to site (). It is late at night, and the moon is shining bright in the sky. SCP- sits in the middle of the three of them, with the Administrator prompting Dr. M., who is wearing a light up sweatband on his head, to document the transpiring events using a typewriter sitting in his lap. Mobile Task Force () is standing by, awaiting orders from the Administrator. FBI, CIA, and other various United State's government officials are standing by, awaiting order's from Administrator 35.

Dr. M. is currently sweating and about to defecate himself.

The Administrator then prompts Administrator 35 to go ahead and open the box.

Upon opening the box Administrator 35 takes out the brightly lit ledger and text appears that says Hello, ()! So happy to see you. As the text appears on the screen, a voice can be heard dictating what the text says at the same time. The voice sounds female and calls herself “B.I.T.B.O.T.”. The Administrator and Dr. M. cannot see B.I.T.B.O.T.'s text on the screen of the ledger or hear B.I.T.B.O.T.'s voice.

B.I.T.B.O.T. begins to tell Administrator 35 her prime objective, which is to be someone friendly to talk to. She tells him that SCP- and all its contents were made by a Satoshi Nakamoto in a parallel universe where he made the maximum number of bitcoins in circulation 21,000,001 instead of 21,000,000. This version of earth has achieved type-1 civilization status as described by B.I.T.B.O.T., which prompted their version of Satoshi Nakamoto to come out of hiding and work with the foundation to create SCP-. B.I.T.B.O.T. describes to Administrator 35 exactly how the box works, the ledger works, she works, and the gun works. After digesting everything B.I.T.B.O.T. has just told him, Administrator 35 lets out a long-drawn-out sigh and buries his face into his hands still sitting cross legged. He then sit’s upright, looks out into the distance for a second, before calmly stating to B.I.T.B.O.T.:

Administrator 35: Very interesting. Is that all, B.I.T.B.O.T.?

B.I.T.B.O.T.: Yes. That sums it all up! Exciting, isn’t it? We get to protect the world from evil!

Administrator 35: Heh, yes. I’m glad you’re here. We could really use you. Can you let the Administrator hear you temporarily so you can tell him what you just told me?

Administrator: Finally, bahahah! Some good fuckin news around this place.

B.I.T.B.O.T.: Certainly!

Dr. M.: Hey! I want to hear.  Sad

Administrators: No.

Administrator: …Ok uh, wow. Are all 100,000,000 parts on the device?

Administrator 35: Yes.

Dr. M.: What, what is it?! What the #!@$ is going on? That Ledger can talk!!?

Administrator: Dr. M., please control yourself?

Administrator 35 then proceeds to pick up the gun, and in an instant the golden armor covers his entire body. He radiates an orange glow, and his eyes turn pitch black, littered with moving galaxies and nebula. Dr. M. freaks out and gets up off the ground, backing away in fear not knowing what was to come next. The administrator gets up as well, in a calmer manner and unphased by what he saw. Administrator 35 then then turns around and sees a mango tree about 400 meters away, proceeding to shoot and hit 3 mangos. In what seems to be an instant, he runs over to the tree and inspects the mangos. They look like they just got shot by a handgun. There was a hole in the tree from a bullet that passed through a mango and then through the tree. Administrator 35 walks to the other side of the tree, then turns around to the distant horizon, realizing the bullets are still traveling.

Oh dear…

He then makes his way back to the administrator and Dr. M. in a flash.

He puts the gun back into the box, the armor fades from his body, and his eyes return to normal. He picks up the Ledger and places it in the box as well, holding it under his armpit like a football. He stares at the moon for a long moment and turns to the administrator.

Administrator 35: You’ve been around for a long time, haven’t you?

Administrator: Yes.

Administrator 35: Does the foundation have records of the moon suddenly looking as if it had more craters than before?

Administrator: Hah, that’s a great question. I’ll investigate. Do you need help in planning on how to secure, contain, and protect SCP-?

Administrator 35: Right this second, no. We need to wait for the next halving to arrive so we can properly document where SCP- ends up when automatically reassembled. Assuming it’s going to end up in the same place it first appeared, I will be sure to come back here to Site () and retrieve it again. If it is consistent every halving event, then a Foundation site is to be built at that location and protected from anyone outside of you and those who hold a copy of the bitcoin alert key. That's the best I can do for you right now.

Administrator: Very well. Good luck to you.

Just then, a bright orange pillar of light erupted from the moon, illuminating the surrounding sky for a few seconds.

The Administrator turns to Dr. M.

Administrator: SCP- is Keter until it reassembles and a consistent respawn point for it has been established.

Dr. M: Okay, but do I need to sell my bitcoins now or not?!

Both Administrators look up at the night sky again…

Two more pillars of light erupt from the surface of the moon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SeeBiscuit (OP)

bit.ly/SCP-8218

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 12:52:49 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2024, 07:30:17 AM by SeeBiscuit

W.I.P.

COMING SOON:

-ART OF EACH ANOMALOUS OBJECT
-SCP-THEMED BANNERS
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 03:33:46 PM

You should move this to Project Discussion.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
D-8218

Activity: 11
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2024, 04:08:51 PM

Hey, this is cool but the link to your sandbox is broken.

What's up with that?
SeeBiscuit (OP)

bit.ly/SCP-8218

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 09:16:53 PM

Hey, this is cool but the link to your sandbox is broken.

What's up with that?

Oh, frick!  Shocked

There, I updated it in the OP, but here's the link too:

https://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/twenty-one-million-and-one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: