Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:14:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New I would appreciate clarification about BitCoin Mining  (Read 97 times)
aaron trendsetta gogetta (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 07:22:13 PM

I am new to Bitcoin mining and I am unfamiliar with this kind of equipment 

I was wondering if someone who's knowledgeable about mining could clarify a few details 

I am interested in Antminers and WhatsMiners 

Are AntMiners only for BTC and BTH plus some other minors ? What can WhatsMiners mine ? 

Can you download software to these machines to configure them to mine anything ? Do they have operating systems ? 

Are AntMiners only the SHA-256 algorithm ? Which algorithm are WhatsMiners ? Can the algorithm be modified ? 

***** important ***** 

Does each machine have two cables to devide the energy consumption if you use two outlets on two circuits ? 

If some miners have only one cable can you use something to devide it and use two outlets ? 

Does WhatsMiner M21S specifically have two cables ? 

If someone does not have each answer or they would rather not provide so much detail then they can just answer what they choose 

I appreciate it 
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 09:30:51 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4), ABCbits (1)

For a start, checkout the Beginners & Help area of the forum.
Aside from that all BTC miners use ASIC's - Application Specific Integrated Circuits. The chips are hard programed to do only one thing -- process the SHA-256 algorithm. That cannot be changed but it does mean that you can mine any coin that uses SHA-256.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 12:53:44 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Are AntMiners only for BTC and BTH plus some other minors ? What can WhatsMiners mine ? 

Antminers(Bitmain) make different miners for different algos, but majority are SHA256, Whatsminer (MicroBT) only make SHA256 miners

Can you download software to these machines to configure them to mine anything ? Do they have operating systems ?

No you can't, yes they come with an operating system

Does each machine have two cables to devide the energy consumption if you use two outlets on two circuits ? 

Antminer usually, because they use C13 which is not capable of doing the 3kw+ they need, Whatsminer use C19 a single cable.

If some miners have only one cable can you use something to devide it and use two outlets ? 

Supplying a PSU that takes a single input from two different sources is probably not recommended,  i have seen a C19 - male C20 Y cable which means the same input supplies two PSUs but not the opposite, i won't do that unless approved by the manufaturer.

Does WhatsMiner M21S specifically have two cables ? 

Nop, only one cable

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 21, 2024, 03:40:13 PM

You can find information on most of your and similar questions on the websites of equipment manufacturers.
I have provided links only for searching technical information.
There is also a detailed video on YouTube with an overview of each ASIC, if you want to use the search.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██