Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New I would appreciate clarification about BitCoin Mining  (Read 97 times)
aaron trendsetta gogetta (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 07:22:13 PM

I am new to Bitcoin mining and I am unfamiliar with this kind of equipment 

I was wondering if someone who's knowledgeable about mining could clarify a few details 

I am interested in Antminers and WhatsMiners 

Are AntMiners only for BTC and BTH plus some other minors ? What can WhatsMiners mine ? 

Can you download software to these machines to configure them to mine anything ? Do they have operating systems ? 

Are AntMiners only the SHA-256 algorithm ? Which algorithm are WhatsMiners ? Can the algorithm be modified ? 

***** important ***** 

Does each machine have two cables to devide the energy consumption if you use two outlets on two circuits ? 

If some miners have only one cable can you use something to devide it and use two outlets ? 

Does WhatsMiner M21S specifically have two cables ? 

If someone does not have each answer or they would rather not provide so much detail then they can just answer what they choose 

I appreciate it 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 09:30:51 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4), ABCbits (1)

For a start, checkout the Beginners & Help area of the forum.
Aside from that all BTC miners use ASIC's - Application Specific Integrated Circuits. The chips are hard programed to do only one thing -- process the SHA-256 algorithm. That cannot be changed but it does mean that you can mine any coin that uses SHA-256.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 12:53:44 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Are AntMiners only for BTC and BTH plus some other minors ? What can WhatsMiners mine ? 

Antminers(Bitmain) make different miners for different algos, but majority are SHA256, Whatsminer (MicroBT) only make SHA256 miners

Can you download software to these machines to configure them to mine anything ? Do they have operating systems ?

No you can't, yes they come with an operating system

Does each machine have two cables to devide the energy consumption if you use two outlets on two circuits ? 

Antminer usually, because they use C13 which is not capable of doing the 3kw+ they need, Whatsminer use C19 a single cable.

If some miners have only one cable can you use something to devide it and use two outlets ? 

Supplying a PSU that takes a single input from two different sources is probably not recommended,  i have seen a C19 - male C20 Y cable which means the same input supplies two PSUs but not the opposite, i won't do that unless approved by the manufaturer.

Does WhatsMiner M21S specifically have two cables ? 

Nop, only one cable

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 21, 2024, 03:40:13 PM

You can find information on most of your and similar questions on the websites of equipment manufacturers.
I have provided links only for searching technical information.
There is also a detailed video on YouTube with an overview of each ASIC, if you want to use the search.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██