Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:19:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samourai Wallet - BTC Recovery  (Read 104 times)
hexakill (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:11:22 PM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

Hello dear community,

last day i just wanted to receive 200EUR in BTC to my Wallet. I did tap on receive and shared the address where the 200EUR was sent, but never arrived on my Wallet.
Now if i open my Samourai Wallet, the 5EUR as my last received Transaction is there but after 1 Minute load the available amount is 0.0000000 even if it was there 5EUR before the 200EUR Transaction.
After this i checked the Internet and i saw that the Webpage of Samourai Wallet is closed by F B I an co.

Until now i tried to recover my Wallet with 12 Passphrase (coinimi, exodus, sparrow) but without succeed (all the time the transaction with 5EUR and 200EUR never shown and after every recovery the amount was 0.000000 on all Wallets).

Can someone help me recovering my money?

King Regards.
hexakill
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RickDeckard
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 3020

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:36:04 PM

last day i just wanted to receive 200EUR in BTC to my Wallet. I did tap on receive and shared the address where the 200EUR was sent, but never arrived on my Wallet.
Even though the fees have come down considerably when compared to last week, it could be the case that the transaction simply hasn't been confirmed yet. Do you have the transaction ID?
Until now i tried to recover my Wallet with 12 Passphrase (coinimi, exodus, sparrow) but without succeed (all the time the transaction with 5EUR and 200EUR never shown and after every recovery the amount was 0.000000 on all Wallets).
With Samourai Wallet you had full control of your funds since you held the seed words, which makes the recent events immune to you in that sense. Now if the transaction still hasn't confirmed it doesn't matter in which wallet you try to recover access to your funds simply because it just didn't confirmed (yet I suppose).

I advise you to follow the steps outlined in this thread[2] in order to successfully have access to your funds, namely:
just came across the following tweets from @freedomtech
which describes the fastest/most secure way to migrate all your funds from the Samourai wallet to the Sparrow wallet. you need 6 steps for this whole procedure and there is also a screen recording as a video guide for the whole process:
(...)
https://twitter.com/freedomtech/status/1783850003179454731
Pay attention to the last bit where they reference that you have to try this import process for each script type (Legacy, Segwit and Wrapped Segwit).

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5494114

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Charles-Tim
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 4865

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:40:55 PM
Merited by hugeblack (6), Kelward (2)

and after every recovery the amount was 0.000000 on all Wallets).
I think the mistake most you did was that Samourai will first ask you to input your passphrase but most of you do not know what passphrase is. After the passphrase, you will set the wallet pin or password. After the wallet creation, you will be able to click at the menu/image at the top left corner where you will see 'settings' -> 'wallet' and click on it to see your seed phrase and other necessary information.

I wanted to bypass the passphrase but I was unable to and you can see what it displayed at the bottom of that image. You must use passphrase unless you want to recover a wallet that does not support passphrase which you did not generate its seed phrase on Samourai.

Which means you need a passphrase for the wallet and not just BIP39 seed phrase. Did you use the passphrase?

If you did not include the passphrase, it will generate different keys and addresses for you.

hexakill (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:43:18 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2024, 05:54:01 PM by hexakill

Hello @RickDeckard

the Transaction was confirmed in less than 5 minutes.

here is the TID and BTC Address:

Sorry buy i don't have X account and cannot get the steps to follow for migrating to Sparrow.
Can you post it here all the steps i need?

Kind Regards.
haxakill
Cricktor

Activity: 756
Merit: 1118

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 PM

As far as I remember you have to restore a Samourai wallet with the 12 mnemonic recovery words and the mnemonic passphrase. Samourai wallet seems to use the otherwise optional additional mnemonic passphrase (the 13th word or rather passphrase) as something required.

If you leave out this mnemonic passphrase you don't get your wallet. The smallest error in the mnemonic passphrase gives you another usually empty wallet.

To restore your wallet properly in another software you need your 12 mnemonic recovery words, the mnemonic passphrase and the derivation paths used by Samourai:
Deposit: m/44'|49'|84'|47'/0'/0' (depending on address type: (44') legacy, (49') wrapped Segwit, (84') native Segwit)
Bad Bank: m/84'/0'/2147483644'
Pre Mix: m/84'/0'/2147483645'
Post Mix: m/84'/0'/2147483646'
Ricochet: m/44'|49'|84'/0'/2147483647'

Maybe interesting: https://samourai.kayako.com/article/12-forgotten-passphrase

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hexakill (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 05:50:06 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2024, 07:55:26 PM by hexakill

Dear @Charles-Tim

you had right, now i recovered with my Passphrase and both Transactions are there Smiley
Thank you for lighting my mind up  Cool

Kind Regards.
hexakill
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2972

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2024, 06:36:23 PM

you had right, not i recovered with my Passphrase and both Transactions are there Smiley
Thank you for lighting my mind up  Cool

Did you successfully recover your wallet?

If it succeeds better move your BTC to a new wallet like Electrum because the Samourai wallet has been seized by the government it is not a good wallet anymore.

In case you still haven't recovered your wallet yet the link provided by Cricktor should be the right way to recover your wallet with the right derivation path.

Or optional if you know the exact BTC address of your current wallet then extracting the private key from your backup seed phrase with the correct passphrase can be the best option.
There is a tool called Mmemonic code converter tool that you can use to extract private keys from your Samourai seed and passphrase you can follow the procedure from this link below.

- https://github.com/Samourai-Wallet/samourai-wallet-android/blob/develop/Guides/Restore%20%26%20Recovery.md#reveal-all-individual-private-keys-in-the-wallet

And take note run it on the offline device for safety purposes and import it to Electrum and don't forget to move all funds right away to a new wallet(Electrum as sample)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Charles-Tim
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 4865

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 07:03:25 PM

Did you successfully recover your wallet?
I think he forgot to use passphrase while trying to recover the wallet before. And I also think he has been able to recover the wallet with the right seed phrase and the passphrase.

I think the 'not' was a typo for 'now'.

Anyone that has the seed phrase and the passphrase will find the recovery easy on wallets that support BIP39 seed phrase and passphrase.

Only open source wallets are recommended.

hexakill (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 07:57:40 PM
Merited by hugeblack (4)

Yes i did recovered my Wallet, with the right BIP39 seed phrase and passphrase.
Thank you all for replying Smiley

I will do transfer all my BTC to a new Wallet.

Kind Regards.
hexakill
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: