Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and hold now  (Read 2673 times)
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

Fair enough, this is the advice I needed.

Thanks

I don't know how much money u have to invest.....

...but before you invest on the basis of having found 'the advice you needed'.

Go and search through Segeln's (or practically anyone else who has posted in this thread) post history and see what he was saying about Bitcoin when it was up at $1100. Perhaps he also gave 'advice' to some other new investor. What was the general 'advice' going around on this forum when Bitcoin was $1100?

(Rhetorical question, I know what the 'advice' was and what it always will be on this forum....always beware of the Bitcoin Nutter!)

So, what was the advice?

EDIT: I bought 17 Coins @$780 (Stamp) 2-3 months ago. After a lot of ups and downs I´m still nearly there where I started. I would say, only invest in long term. I will hodl until its worth to cashout.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:44:09 PM

Fair enough, this is the advice I needed.

Thanks

I don't know how much money u have to invest.....

...but before you invest on the basis of having found 'the advice you needed'.

Go and search through Segeln's (or practically anyone else who has posted in this thread) post history and see what he was saying about Bitcoin when it was up at $1100. Perhaps he also gave 'advice' to some other new investor. What was the general 'advice' going around on this forum when Bitcoin was $1100?

(Rhetorical question, I know what the 'advice' was and what it always will be on this forum....always beware of the Bitcoin Nutter!)

So, what was the advice?

BUY BUY BUY Cheesy
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:46:46 PM

So, what was the advice?

EDIT: I bought 17 Coins @$780 (Stamp) 2-3 months ago. After a lot of ups and downs I´m still nearly there where I started. I would say, only invest in long term. I will hodl until its worth to cashout.

That's not investing. That's called speculating  Wink
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:57:23 PM

Buy enough BTC to eventually able to take Virgin Galactic to at least Mars or give enough to kids/grandkids to go to Alpha Centauri by 2140. Wink
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:07:55 PM

I bought loads of coins at those price levels, sold, bought more, sold, bought more. I have made several thousand quid since late November when I started speculating with Bitcoin.

I did however also by a shed load of coins at $1100. The price dipped to $1050, then lower. I started to sell at a loss.

What do you think the advice was from the mainstay of the Bitcoin Nutter dipshits on this forum?

"If u sell now, u will only be crying when you have to buy back in later at $1300"

lol...idiots.

The losses I took were soon recooperated by further trading around the double top and twice have I caught Bitcoin spot price deathslides (that 'nobody seen coming' at least not going by the drivel written on this forum) pretty damn near the bottom, making a packet the first time around and admittedly pishing my pants on the second one, buying in at $540 but panic selling at $490. Since then, I have continued to trade Bitcoin, winning some and losing some, but mostly winning.

If I had done what you have done, which is exactly what most of the arseholes on this forum would have recommended I do. I wouldn't have made thousands, I would be simply treading water. No better off than I was  two months ago.

I am glad I know better than to allow myself to be bamboozled by The Bitcoin Nutter.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 11:58:25 PM

I bought loads of coins at those price levels, sold, bought more, sold, bought more. I have made several thousand quid since late November when I started speculating with Bitcoin.

I did however also by a shed load of coins at $1100. The price dipped to $1050, then lower. I started to sell at a loss.

What do you think the advice was from the mainstay of the Bitcoin Nutter dipshits on this forum?

"If u sell now, u will only be crying when you have to buy back in later at $1300"

lol...idiots.

The losses I took were soon recooperated by further trading around the double top and twice have I caught Bitcoin spot price deathslides (that 'nobody seen coming' at least not going by the drivel written on this forum) pretty damn near the bottom, making a packet the first time around and admittedly pishing my pants on the second one, buying in at $540 but panic selling at $490. Since then, I have continued to trade Bitcoin, winning some and losing some, but mostly winning.

If I had done what you have done, which is exactly what most of the arseholes on this forum would have recommended I do. I wouldn't have made thousands, I would be simply treading water. No better off than I was  two months ago.

I am glad I know better than to allow myself to be bamboozled by The Bitcoin Nutter.

I hope you realize " The Bitcoin Nutter " of these days is to sell before it "drops".

Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:13:00 AM

lol...idiots.

LIke I always say. It is much different if you own bitcoins at single or double digits like 80% or more of bitcoin owners, than if you actually have to pay $1000 for a coin. These nutters wouldn't be telling you to sit and hold if they paid over $1000 with their hard earned fiat.

Investing at these prices you have to take a lot of precautions or you will lose a lot of money. I see no reason why the price can't go below $500 in just a few days.

Bitcoin is a house of cards, and is now a Skycraper of cards at these prices. All it would take is just a slight increase in people wanting to cash out and the price would fall so quickly.

you are honestly better off putting your money in dogecoin than bitcoin in my opinion. Just as much risk with a much higher reward. Bitcoin is just too darn expensive and you are relying on the hope that bitcoin holders will continue to hoard.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

LIke I always say. It is much different if you own bitcoins at single or double digits like 80% or more of bitcoin owners, than if you actually have to pay $1000 for a coin. These nutters wouldn't be telling you to sit and hold if they paid over $1000 with their hard earned fiat.

Investing at these prices you have to take a lot of precautions or you will lose a lot of money. I see no reason why the price can't go below $500 in just a few days.

Bitcoin is a house of cards, and is now a Skycraper of cards at these prices. All it would take is just a slight increase in people wanting to cash out and the price would fall so quickly.

you are honestly better off putting your money in dogecoin than bitcoin in my opinion. Just as much risk with a much higher reward. Bitcoin is just too darn expensive and you are relying on the hope that bitcoin holders will continue to hoard.

Dogecoin is empty and meaningless pump n dump, blatantly conceived as a kind of joke and a whole lot of people are gonna get bitten by the dog, at which point the joke may start to wear a little thin.

Long before I invested in Bitcoin, I was spending them and aware of whole online marketplaces that were based upon them. This sort of real grounding in economic transactions gave Bitcoin psycholigical 'value'.

WTF is dogecoin? Nothing but a fad that has probably already had its time in the limelight.

All Alt-coins are based on nothing more than Bitcoins success. Most of them won't be around or relevant for very long....perhaps there is a dark horse amongst them that will turn to be the long term winner, but if there is, I doubt that it is Dogecoin.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:35:21 AM

Hold Huh Huh Huh

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:18:34 AM

Dogecoin is empty and meaningless pump n dump, blatantly conceived as a kind of joke and a whole lot of people are gonna get bitten by the dog, at which point the joke may start to wear a little thin.

Long before I invested in Bitcoin, I was spending them and aware of whole online marketplaces that were based upon them. This sort of real grounding in economic transactions gave Bitcoin psycholigical 'value'.

WTF is dogecoin? Nothing but a fad that has probably already had its time in the limelight.

All Alt-coins are based on nothing more than Bitcoins success. Most of them won't be around or relevant for very long....perhaps there is a dark horse amongst them that will turn to be the long term winner, but if there is, I doubt that it is Dogecoin.

STRONG BUY INDICATOR

/buys 1mil DOGE for lulz

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 02:29:56 AM

Say it seems to be that there is a very fast upward trend, at what price would you buy so you don't miss the train.

I am reckoning if it rapidly increases to buy at $1000 but I want to know what you guys would do.

Also what does ATH mean?

Thanks

All Time High.  that was ~$1200 depending on the exchange, so no worries there. Just put you toe in the water and start buying. if it goes up, buy more. if it goes down, buy a lot more. Start selling after the next ATH.  I like selling 4% of my total stake after every 10% increase, then buying back 3% after every 15% drop.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:34:02 AM

you don't gotta tell me bud , I been Hodling before it was cool.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:37:27 AM

i think we will be below this levels again. we may go up first, who knows, but i think you could time a better long term entry than this.  Smiley
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:55:27 AM

lol...idiots.

lol, the price of a single bitcoin does not matter regarding to how much or how probable one might lose or make money. if the guy can invest $ 1000 he can lose it all (but no one ever has lost all by hodling) or make a decent profit (which all of us did that bought before november.) this was the same last year or two years before. it is the percentage rise what gets you the profit, not the absolute price.

you are seriously advising a newbie to better buy doge ? after telling us generously how much you profited from bitcoin yourself ?  wtf are guys like you doing in a bitcoin forum ?
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:12:27 PM

lol...idiots.

OP:

Following advice from a previous poster in this thread, I advise you to read the post history of each person before taking their counsel to heart.

Specifically, it's interesting to note what longer-term posters were suggesting/recommending to others at the time of previous ATHs followed by crashes and lulls.

Then consider whether their current advice has similar tone/content.

Finally, if you're not comfortable trading, then take advice from experienced day traders with a pinch of salt. Doubtless they can make lots of money pretty quickly, but expect to lose money just as fast if you don't know what you're doing. Plenty of so-called Bitcoin Nutters have made a killing doing nothing more than staying patient and calm for an extended period of time.

(Of course, that's not to say that BTC will **definitely** keep rising. That's a call you have to make yourself based on reading around the subject.)
SilverandBitcoins

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:30:05 PM

Is the Bitstamp price always pretty close to the Coinbase buy price? Where is Bitstamp based?  Are they similar to BTC-E?  I'm considering exchanges to use - I'm in the U.S..  also, where does Vircurex fit in?

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:53:54 PM

I played this game a few times and burned my fingers. Lost about 5 Coins with this method. So I was very happy that one time I sold on a high price and bought in low so I was able to get my lost 5 coins back and then I sweared I will only hodl and buy more but never speculate again.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

i think we will be below this levels again. we may go up first, who knows, but i think you could time a better long term entry than this.  Smiley

Could see this too.  Just do some Dollar Cost Averaging over two-three months with what you want to invest, and don't worry too much over day-to-day fluctuations, is my suggestion!

At first, though, Bitcoin is just so friggin' interesting it's hard not to pay attention day-to-day or hour-to-hour!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: