Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

so is this coin a scam?

Well correct me if I am wrong but one of the biggest knocks against any coin is unfair distribution, from what I can tell this coin was the brainchild of a select few "pumpers" from the Poloniex exchange.  They created the coin as an exclusive club for them to profit and are now using Poloniex as the vehicle to pump the price artificially.  If you check the "founders" list I am almost certain all are active members of Poloniex's Trollbox.

With such a small select group owning the majority of the coin I don't see how it could succeed long-term outside the influence of the pumpers/owners on Poloniex.

And it's named Bitcoin Plus, with zero innovation and a sparsity of listed specs, what coin could ever expect any type of broad success and longevity with such laziness in its naming and creation.

Mine as well have called it CashGrabCoin, as it's only a vehicle to make a select few insiders some easy BTC.

The IPO was open to all, I bought in and I rarely visit the poloniex trollbox. I was looking at the buys during the IPO and the biggest I saw was 4BTC, most were small nibbles so I think the distribution was pretty good. Also, distribution of the very top coins is almost universally very bad so I'm not sure it's as big an issue as people make out. Time will tell I suppose!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GatorJMT

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

so is this coin a scam?

No, it is well intentioned. Rare ( 100,000 coins ) However may even be more rare with 47,000 not taken in IPO and second IPO they look like they are being destroyed.... so total of 53,000 coins.... all pre-mined and distributed....

UNO is 250,000 coins and PMC is 499,000 coins.... it is a similar idea ( Rarity ) with a slightly different distribution model....

Unlike UNO and PMC however there are future features planned for XBC such as a POS wallet and multipool support @ Hashcows
( UNO, being mineable does not have a multipool, PMC actually does @ Hashcows )

Also XBC development is not just a single person but rather a team of XBC holders who are financially invested...

It is another crypto experiment. We have coins with billions of units, and coins with just a few units.... a 53,000 unit coin is somewhere in between.
I personally think a low count coin becomes an investment/trading coin... with increased volatility. This makes it attractive to day traders. But be prepared for the ride  Smiley

The high count coins like Doge are easier for people to 'spend' so they are probably better currency coins...

But time will tell...

As far as being a 'scam' coin... Poloniex is behind this one, and Busoni would not back a scam coin...

An exchange owner should not back or be "behind" coins listed on their exchange, the potential for price manipulation and shady dealings are vast.  The fact that all the founders are "pumpers" on the Poloniex trollbox is even more troubling.
Lores

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:32:34 PM

··
This one seems actually quite interesting.
Im so excited!
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

so is this coin a scam?

Well correct me if I am wrong but one of the biggest knocks against any coin is unfair distribution, from what I can tell this coin was the brainchild of a select few "pumpers" from the Poloniex exchange.  They created the coin as an exclusive club for them to profit and are now using Poloniex as the vehicle to pump the price artificially.  If you check the "founders" list I am almost certain all are active members of Poloniex's Trollbox.

With such a small select group owning the majority of the coin I don't see how it could succeed long-term outside the influence of the pumpers/owners on Poloniex.

And it's named Bitcoin Plus, with zero innovation and a sparsity of listed specs, what coin could ever expect any type of broad success and longevity with such laziness in its naming and creation.

Mine as well have called it CashGrabCoin, as it's only a vehicle to make a select few insiders some easy BTC.

You're wrong!

The Committee members where allowed to join after purchasing at least
1 btc. I see this coin when 'whale' on polo mentioned it, and it has pretty
much all the IPO coins available (45+ btc available @ 0.001).

So there was plenty of time for anyone to buy, it was a risk that some
decided to take a chance on, while others on polo where talking shit.
k!lowatts

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:36:34 PM

Dont really like IPO n premine coin. Many scams . dev just cr8 coin , collect some btc , then move on to another coin.

e5iS8ibLHqEX3HagxcS3DrZxyvkhUoUcfN - Energycoin
DJgywHCTvQ4Auo3MJrP3pYdCbzftU4T3kk - Mastiffcoin
GatorJMT

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

so is this coin a scam?

You're wrong!

No, by mentioning Poloniex twice in your response you actually just confirmed everything I posted.
zmeddy

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:44:53 PM

There were 2 original buyers in the IPO, they bought 2,500 XBC in total at 0.001 a coin. The dev wasnt satisfied with that result and decided to sell 50.000 XBC on poloniex at same price. The sale was slow in the beginning but it lasted for a few days, open to anyone. Hence the price drop in the sales graph a few days ago. To say that this distribution was exclusive is not correct at all, you too could have bought ample at the fixed price. The trollbox at poloniex is a famous chatbox among everybody involved with alts. There was no artificial pump but the rise occured when people started to notice that the IPO was running out, according to supply/demand rules as it should be. One could argue that the distribution was quite fair as most buyers didnt buy a lot as nobody was sure if it was a good investment.
No bagholders, no whales : )  
(...yet!)

so is this coin a scam?

merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:46:28 PM

I'm not a pumper in the troll box (though I do visit it), and rarely do I listen to most of the pumps in that box.  However I saw a lot of potential in this coin and decided to go for it at my risk.  It has a lot of decent things going for it, with a very hungry crowd (all except the haters that missed out....sorry, you had your chance).  I've been burned by 75% of the coins I've tried investing in.  I ended up selling off close to 500 DRK to invest in XBC and something else, thinking that if it panned out, I could sell off some and buy back into my long term investments.  Glad I did.  
neilh

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:47:01 PM

so is this coin a scam?

Mine as well have called it CashGrabCoin, as it's only a vehicle to make a select few insiders some easy
BTC.

You're wrong!

No, by mentioning Poloniex twice in your response you actually just confirmed everything I posted.

My reply was to your unfair distribution comment.
tripster69

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:52:22 PM

IPO = Initial Public Offering

Poloniex = Public exchange

Public exchange = Public distribution

Public distribution = Fair distribution
yingxue

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:56:46 PM

the price is so high and so nice,

it will fly to da mooooooooooon

well done ,baby...

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.SqdcczSRQC3GZ1Z1Nnp8ETPZozVPGwK2Z7
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:01:41 PM

IPO = Initial Public Offering

Poloniex = Public exchange

Public exchange = Public distribution

Public distribution = Fair distribution

LOL.....exactly!  Even though volume can be low over there, Poloniex is my favorite of all the exchanges. 
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

XBC holders we all know the drill, the fud won't stop, we've all missed the boat and know how it feels. Many of the shit talkers though are young and can't stand not having success. There will be lies, fud, and general shit talk. Unless you see a committee member say or post something then its probably false or misunderstanding. Just keep that in mind, as popularity increases these negative ppl are going to literally crawl out of the matrix and attack. Hold firm, happy trading.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:08:04 PM

Dont really like IPO n premine coin. Many scams . dev just cr8 coin , collect some btc , then move on to another coin.

I actually prefer premined coins...

BTC currently creates 3600 new BTC a day.... 6 blocks per hour x 24 hours x 25 coins...
At the current rate that is 450 USD x 3600 or 1.62 MILLION USD a day needs to be injected just to maintain the price...

A 100 percent premined coin needs exactly ZERO injected each day just to maintain it's price...

Also I think the distribution of mined coins is unfair as well... I can't buy a Peta Hertz mining machine...
Rather just have a POS coin...

Distribution is always an issue with premined coins.... it never ever seems 'fair'.

PMC was given out first come first serve, BCC will be 'airdropped' to BTC talk members..., AUR is being dropped onto citizens of Iceland...
Charity coins are usually IPO'd, or in the case of H2O being spread around slowly... Ripple has distribution and centralization issues...

XBC was IPO and that seems scammy BUT unlike PMC ( given freely ) XBC early adopters are financially invested... less likely to dump, more likely to have a long term interest....

I have high hopes for PMC. This is similar but different.

I think the days of over heated GPU's, ASICS, and POW mining will NOT be the future of crypto... it will be a Proof of Stake coin with some sort of fair-ish distribution method. Blackcoin is amazing.... and multipooling for such coins is brilliant. ( It actually transfers wealth out of LTC/BTC int your multipooled coin... ) and the other coin is DarkCoin...  ( some folks may actually 'need' a anonymous transfer method... )

What we are witnessing is something called darwinian evolution.... in crypto....

Hype:Distribution:Adoption:Features:Security

A coin will have to have high marks in all these categories.

XBC is a Bitcoin Clone with a different 'Distribution' gene.... and may get some 'Features' genes genetically modified in...

welltefxx

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:10:56 PM

how to get coins
only buy or ohers way
zmeddy

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

Next up: we need a blockchain explorer asap and protection against 51% attacks. Ideas anyone?
jcarl987

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

how to get coins
only buy or ohers way

I believe hashcows will shortly be paying out in XBC if you so desire Smiley

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

XBC holders we all know the drill, the fud won't stop, we've all missed the boat and know how it feels. Many of the shit talkers though are young and can't stand not having success. There will be lies, fud, and general shit talk. Unless you see a committee member say or post something then its probably false or misunderstanding. Just keep that in mind, as popularity increases these negative ppl are going to literally crawl out of the matrix and attack. Hold firm, happy trading.

yes ive missed this boat as well.... ( I saw somebody buy 2000 of these a week back or so... So i thought it was a pure pump to dump his stack lol...)

Though i still like the concept of this coin.. Its too late for me too hop on board...

Being a Poloniex "fan", I wish all the bagholders of this coin good luck....  Smiley
jcarl987

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:17:14 PM

yes ive missed this boat as well.... ( I saw somebody buy 2000 of these a week back or so... So i thought it was a pure pump to dump his stack lol...)

Though i still like the concept of this coin.. Its too late for me too hop on board...

Being a Poloniex "fan", I wish all the bagholders of this coin good luck....  Smiley

It's only too late if it doesn't go any higher! At this price the market cap is still very small.

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:19:36 PM

It's only too late if it doesn't go any higher! At this price the market cap is still very small.

lol.. well I just cant do that too myself... I saw it yesterday for 0.0015 or something... buying in now is just another smack in the face for myself.. lol Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: