Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:12:08 PM

Guys, I am banned from XBC IRC chat, can you tell me how can I join ?

Sent u a PM.

Replied. Thank you !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NJRiot

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:27:00 PM

Fingers crossed,
 At this point its going to take more than just a wallet update to put us back in the spotlight or atleast in the running.
I really hope there are announcements that will roll out with the wallet release!
all my buddies have sold and gave up and moved into drk.
im the lone soilder in my circle of investors and there calling me to stubborn for my own good.
but im hanging tuff and even bought another 100 the other day @ .009

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

Fingers crossed,
 At this point its going to take more than just a wallet update to put us back in the spotlight or atleast in the running.
I really hope there are announcements that will roll out with the wallet release!
im the lone soilder in my circle of investors and there calling me to stubborn for my own good.

There will definitely be other releases alongside the wallet release.

We haven't been sitting on our hands while seriouscoins and mindfox have been working! Cheesy
rossr1

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:50:24 PM

thats good news, in truth i've become quite attached to my bag, think i'll keep it Wink
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:53:37 PM

Fingers crossed,

We haven't been sitting on our hands while seriouscoins and mindfox have been working! Cheesy

I expect the price to increase on a wallet release + whatever else is planned, so selling right now probably is very iffy. That doesn't even count possible MP/Cryptsy down the road.

And I bet a lot of people are jumping on the Drk bandwagon, although the real time to do it was when Drk was 10x cheaper. If I had more btc at the time, I certainly would have bought more Drk. Getting in now... it'll go up, I expect... but it's certainly much riskier. It very well may sink somewhat after the 25th and level out at a new floor. The calculation people need to make is which will go up faster, Drk or XBC, shortterm. I guess that is one reason people are so impatient; they want a definite date just so they know if they can move their coins around... if timed correctly, people can get out and back in, and still profit. Risky to do without knowing anything for certain though.
zuluweralfa

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:29:26 PM

Thanks dev for the update. Shame I already sold mine. Might come back if things look brighter.
csix

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:05:58 PM

Fingers crossed,

I expect the price to increase on a wallet release + whatever else is planned, so selling right now probably is very iffy. That doesn't even count possible MP/Cryptsy down the road.

And I bet a lot of people are jumping on the Drk bandwagon, although the real time to do it was when Drk was 10x cheaper. If I had more btc at the time, I certainly would have bought more Drk. Getting in now... it'll go up, I expect... but it's certainly much riskier. It very well may sink somewhat after the 25th and level out at a new floor. The calculation people need to make is which will go up faster, Drk or XBC, shortterm. I guess that is one reason people are so impatient; they want a definite date just so they know if they can move their coins around... if timed correctly, people can get out and back in, and still profit. Risky to do without knowing anything for certain though.

This is exactly why I'm not selling for drk. I missed the boat earlier and I think it'll go down later this month and find a new floor, then I'll buy some. Short term, I think xbc is looking good, as long as the wallet is released within a reasonable time frame and it really isn't buggy, otherwise everyone's gonna lose their shit after waiting for all that testing.
NJRiot

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:12:44 PM

im sure wallet will be perfect ..
from what we are told its being gone over with a fine tooth comb.
really put my $/faith in the team and not the wallet ..

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:17:16 PM

This is exactly why I'm not selling for drk. I missed the boat earlier and I think it'll go down later this month and find a new floor, then I'll buy some. Short term, I think xbc is looking good, as long as the wallet is released within a reasonable time frame and it really isn't buggy, otherwise everyone's gonna lose their shit after waiting for all that testing.

Yeah that is the danger. They certainly better get it right this time. They also really shouldn't take much longer if they can help it, as after a certain point people will just give up.

I got a little bit on the Drk boat early, with 1K+ coins, just less coins than what I had hoped for. By the time I had any btc, Drk decided to skyrocket on me. It moved faster than I expected.

The thing that probably frustrates people is if they knew the wallet would take as long as it has, we could have jumped out into Drk, and back into XBC, with a nice extra profit or even more XBC. Then again, that probably wouldn't have helped XBC's price a whole lot if everyone did that. I expect a number did though, if not with Drk, with something else.
NJRiot

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:24:07 PM

Yeah that is the danger. They certainly better get it right this time. They also really shouldn't take much longer if they can help it, as after a certain point people will just give up.

I got a little bit on the Drk boat early, with 1K+ coins, just less coins than what I had hoped for. By the time I had any btc, Drk decided to skyrocket on me. It moved faster than I expected.

The thing that probably frustrates people is if they knew the wallet would take as long as it has, we could have jumped out into Drk, and back into XBC, with a nice extra profit or even more XBC. Then again, that probably wouldn't have helped XBC's price a whole lot if everyone did that. I expect a number did though, if not with Drk, with something else.

of course the forever wallet hurt us all ...
we all tied up our btc in xbc when we could of made 2x on drk n come back here ...
but its worse now because a lot of us originally were buying @ second ipo price which has now lost half its value ...
this is why everyone has left ... at this point were all bagholders we just believe in the coin and trying to remain optimistic.

Get free
.100 HQX

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:31:19 PM

of course the forever wallet hurt us all ...
we all tied up our btc in xbc when we could of made 10x on drk n come back here ...
but its worse now because a lot of us originally were buying @ second ipo rice which had cost us half of all our btc's ...
this is why everyone has left ... at this point were all bagholders we just believe in the coin and remaining optimistic.

Yeah, most of my coins are tied up in coins like XBC that I didn't really want to sell right now.. so you sit there, watching other coins, just waiting. That was the problem with telling people to put coins on Polo... they sit there, people get impatient and that sell button is so easy to press.

On the bright side, its a safe bet to think XBC will certainly rise based on the new wallet + whatever else they have planned. It's weird to think, since the coin seems like it's been around a while, but it hasn't even gotten on other exchanges yet. And a bit more of a delay probably won't hurt, as I expect this to be a Drk weekend regardless. Getting the new wallet out by Sun/Mon might be a good idea though... people probably will have extra btc from Drk proceeds and XBC could be something people would want to jump back into, if they got out previously.
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

Coins are coins and most are designed for quick profit and get out. Ask the traders.  Angry
So it is no easy thing to get loyalty from investors these days and persuade them that this XBC is any different.
Sadly, the devs here seem to persist in the view that irc is the font of all knowledge and mostly undervalue, underinvest in this thread. Usually reacting to comments instead of regularly and frequently posting.
We realise there is not much to report ( I've always said get the wallet right before release.) but I've many times said that this thread is like the surface of Mars. The wallet is imminent so the stress, manipulation and fud is about to go exponential. Look at the increase in posts today. You need to encourage your investors and supporters to stick with you and give reasons as to why. If the same old questions come up, the same old fud, answer them again and again. Some people are looking at this ANN for the first time today.
As for that irc, it seems to offer very little information in fact. Mostly press release bot stuff and the conversations could be said to fall under the category of 12 year old giggling, back slapping and self congratulatory blah. No offence meant but the act needs cleaning up.
We are not all part of the inner circle and we do not all enjoy irc. Don't expect us to sit out here indefinitely twiddling our thumbs in a vacuum and wondering why we didn't jump on some other coin. Reach out. Repeatedly inform not simply react. Especially now.

I hold a lot of these coins. I'm still holding. If you ask me why I'm holding I would honestly have to say I don't know.
I'm sticking to my assessment that the devs of this coin are genuine and very, very hard working. That's pretty rare these days. Hopefully in a few days there will be lots of happy folk ordering Lambos. Keep as many on board as you can.  ; Grin HOLD strong. Sincere thanks for your work.  Smiley
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:00:31 AM

As for that irc, it seems to offer very little information in fact. Mostly press release bot stuff and the conversations could be said to fall under the category of 12 year old giggling, back slapping and self congratulatory blah. No offence meant but the act needs cleaning up.
We are not all part of the inner circle and we do not all enjoy irc. Don't expect us to sit out here indefinitely twiddling our thumbs in a vacuum and wondering why we didn't jump on some other coin. Reach out. Repeatedly inform not simply react. Especially now.

I hold a lot of these coins. I'm still holding. If you ask me why I'm holding I would honestly have to say I don't know.
I'm sticking to my assessment that the devs of this coin are genuine and very, very hard working. That's pretty rare these days. Hopefully in a few days there will be lots of happy folk ordering Lambos. Keep as many on board as you can.  ; Grin HOLD strong. Sincere thanks for your work.  Smiley

Yeah, I agree and am holding now too. It never made sense to me to sell with an imminent wallet release. Of course the term 'imminent' may be rather flexible.

I agree wholeheartedly in regard to using this forum instead of irc. The devs should be posting not only updates, but ideas, plans and have actual conversations here. Most people aren't using irc, so have no idea what is being discussed or future plans.

If you want an example of what happens to a coin when the devs use irc instead of this forum, you don't have to look any further than maza. It's a great example for all coin devs here, of what NOT to do.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:17:03 AM

I'm sticking to my assessment that the devs of this coin are genuine and very, very hard working. That's pretty rare these days. Hopefully in a few days there will be lots of happy folk ordering Lambos. Keep as many on board as you can.  ; Grin HOLD strong. Sincere thanks for your work.  Smiley

Yeah, I agree and am holding now too. It never made sense to me to sell with an imminent wallet release. Of course the term 'imminent' may be rather flexible.

I agree wholeheartedly in regard to using this forum instead of irc. The devs should be posting not only updates, but ideas, plans and have actual conversations here. Most people aren't using irc, so have no idea what is being discussed or future plans.

If you want an example of what happens to a coin when the devs use irc instead of this forum, you don't have to look any further than maza. It's a great example for all coin devs here, of what NOT to do.

While these are some very valid points, I urge you to also look at this from our perspective. The way BCTalk works, information transfer is just too slow for organic growth of ideas, and a lot of time would be wasted refreshing this page every minute to see if someone's posted a reply, if this makes sense. Thus is why this is more a place for people to leave questions, concerns, and opinions, which we do get to in a timely manner. IRC is quicker, clearer, and simply more efficient as a means of real-time communication.

Please do not think that we are simply ignoring BCTalk; it's just the way this forum is set up, it is not exactly the best place to organize thoughts and do real-time planning. This is also the reason we created our community-dedicated forum, where we've created a much better layout for discussions and incorporated the fast efficiency of IRC, with the forum aspect. At the time of this post, the forum is up, although not yet available to the entire public, but it will be released at the same time as the wallet/coin swap (if not before).

As for most people not using IRC and mainly using BCTalk, I'm seeing that there's an average of 1-3 messages every hour or two, many posts of which are mainly single questions and concerns. Also another reason we feel that BCTalk is more suitable for big announcements, updates, and important developments in planning.

At the risk of sounding mean I guess, would it not be in everyone's best interest to embrace a faster, more efficient means of communication, aka IRC? I myself was an XBC investor first (prior to become a team member) and my first priority was to make sure I can establish real-time contact with the dev. Prior to XBC, the number of times I've used IRC in my life, I can count on one hand,choosing to get my information from BCTalk. But after using IRC more often, I've realized just how much more efficient and enjoyable it is, and now I rarely even close my chat tab. In fact, it was only after I became active on IRC that I realized I wanted to be a part of this team, and was accepted as a member.

In my way of thinking, the internet gave birth to the email, which people advanced into AIM, Skype, and twitter for quicker information access. This is what we are doing with our lines of communication: moving from a forum into something much more interactive, enjoyable, and efficient.

With that being said, our IRC chat room has grown to much more than simply a place for people to come talk about updates and ask questions; it has become a center of our community, where people are forming friendships and bonds, and becoming familiar and comfortable with each other, sometimes there will be off-topic discussions, but those of us working are still doing so in the background, while bringing the conversation back on track when necessary.

Please let me know if any of this makes sense, and if it doesn't or if you still feel so adamant that BCTalk is the best way of communication, then I will personally check in on here every hour and post something.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:38:49 AM

I never used IRC in my life 'til i started following XBC, so its not unusual to be dumb about IRC.  we may be crypto followers and techies but not everyones a super genius.. IRC is definitely the realm of uber fanatics/nerds whatever youd call it...  Theres plenty of us you (and me from time to time) in the IRC, just come over here and be like hey guys were working on a casino for after the wallet Smiley and make sure someone puts it on the ANN OP

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
aragoon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:41:37 AM

From my perspective, you guys have a sort of club. You have an inner circle. that's fine. It's productive and gives you a chance to let off steam, explore ideas and consolidate. IRC works for you. 
I'm an outsider by choice but I am also an investor. I'm suggesting there may be more folk like me than you imagine and you may wish to consider a much more proactive approach to the forum here and to the questions and fud that are likely to arise with a wallet release. In a way, you need a pr / marketing department. I think you need to cater for folk who do not use (or do not know how to use ) the IRC. You also need to imagine the impact this forum content might have on any newcomers.
I hope you have worked out a comprehensive step by step process for wallet release. I hate to imagine the result of a half baked protocol. Ugly. The wallet leak was bad enough. Thanks for listening and I really do hope the best for the team with this. We know it's not easy.  Wink
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:50:41 AM

Please let me know if any of this makes sense, and if it doesn't or if you still feel so adamant that BCTalk is the best way of communication, then I will personally check in on here every hour and post something.

For the dev team discussing ideas, or just general talk, there is nothing wrong with irc. I didn't mean my post to sound that way. But it's of equal or greater importance to have discussions in this forum too. There is nothing wrong with using both irc and forums.

The problem arises when the 'dev talk' here is primarily just an update post, and community members are using irc exclusively, while neglecting this thread. What happens then, right or wrong, is an appearance of inactivity. Not of just the devs, but of those interested in the coin and its 'community', for lack of a better term. Instead of hearing of people discuss ideas on what merchants they will target... we get nothing. We don't hear of planned events. We don't hear of new features right away, we don't know how people plan to promote the coin, and we are basically in the dark until we get an update post from the dev.

Now I don't expect a dev to post here constantly, as that would be silly. More open discussion would be nice though. I am also referring to those on the coin committee and those who are planning things. It'd be nice if they posted here a bit more as to upcoming plans, asked for feedback, that sort of thing.

And again, appearances matter and it makes the coin look less active than it really is, if half (or most) of the activity is taking place on an irc channel somewhere. So using irc is fine, and yep, it's probably a better way for people to communicate quickly. But this forum should be used as a gateway to investors and people who are just discovering the coin for the first time. You shouldn't expect them to hop on an irc channel to hear what is going on with the coin.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:55:27 AM

Theres plenty of us you (and me from time to time) in the IRC, just come over here and be like hey guys were working on a casino for after the wallet Smiley and make sure someone puts it on the ANN OP

That's a good example. I have heard of the upcoming casino thing, but I don't have a clue what it actually entails. Nor when it will be released, or basically anything at all about it. Most coins sort of promote such things in their forum more.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:42:53 AM

Theres plenty of us you (and me from time to time) in the IRC, just come over here and be like hey guys were working on a casino for after the wallet Smiley and make sure someone puts it on the ANN OP

That's a good example. I have heard of the upcoming casino thing, but I don't have a clue what it actually entails. Nor when it will be released, or basically anything at all about it. Most coins sort of promote such things in their forum more.

Thank you for sharing, this is what we needed to see how people wanted us to use BCTalk better. We will definitely be more proactive in updating the ANN itself, and posting more actively here; I will encourage the rest of the team and community members to also be more active on both the BCTalk forum and community forum.

I'll just give a quick update on our progress with our different projects and what's been being talked about on IRC and via emails.

The casino (dice/roulette game) has taken a backseat while we were busy with the wallet and site upgrades, as well as setting up our community forum, but we are still in contact with the people that can create these games for us. Many people have been raising concerns about needing more lines of communication, so we've expedited the process by creating the community forum with sections for various discussions, whether they be social, developmental, conceptual/brainstorming, etc. Each registered member will also get a profile and the whole system is sort of a mash up of IRC, BCTalk forum, and Facebook where we took elements of each and incorporated them into our community forum. We even included "like" and "follow" buttons and a notification system so people are alerted to new posts and can easily access unread posts with a click of a single button.

While our current site was received positively, it is not anywhere near what we consider to be finished product; even this new upgrade is still not enough, but is a very big step in the right direction. The breakdown of our plan and method of progress is to first establish the important features such as content and information and make sure we have a plethora of that, and then we will proceed to do touch-ups to the theme, coloring, etc. We have included team members' personal information and introductions/background as well as real pictures so that our community can put a face to each member of the team. In doing so we are exposing ourselves to a lot of risk (as im sure you're aware of how crazy the internet can be with doxing and such), but this is all an effort to be more transparent and assure our community that we are in this for the long term.

Personally, I am working on getting us media exposure and we are also working to better utilize our social media outlets. We will have some news articles and coin reviews coming out, so be sure to be on the lookout for those. One such site I've had the pleasure of working with is http://cryptocoinchronicle.com/ They will be releasing a report on XBC, as well as an interview with both me and seriouscoins. You can also see our ad banner on the right side of the page if you scroll down a bit Smiley Please do support the sites that are giving us this exposure, and check them out. I'm also expecting some reviews/reports from Cryptoarticles and Coinfront soon...most likely once we completely finish this wallet transition, and am also expecting responses from other media outlets.

Pertaining to the wallet, we're looking for translators that can translate the text in the wallet for us so that we can come out with different language versions of the wallet to give better accessibility to international users. Please do contact one of the devs if you would like to help out in this way; we'll do a brief interview to make sure you're not a robot or a "google translator" Tongue

Also, currently the wallet is fully functional in terms of security and staking, but is a tad plain. We will be constantly updating and releasing newer versions with better graphics and user interface features (looking into chat integration, tipping, as well as other bonuses for the future releases). I believe we will stick with mindfox for these implementations as he's proven to be very capable and meticulous, and we would definitely like to work with him longer.
aragoon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:58:08 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That's more like it.
Hey, I thought you guys were good but if I'd known you had so much good stuff in the pipeline, I'd have bought MORE. Thanks for taking the time to post. really appreciate it. Please keep it up.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: