Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:15:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:55:27 PM

Just checked out the official forums to see what was being worked on... rather than post there, I am going to post here, as I do think it better to be active here than in a coin's forums. People are lazy and won't bother checking over there, for starters.

Anyway, I see ideas being thrown about regarding wallet upgrades. Some folks have mentioned adding an anon feature into the wallet. Is that a serious consideration, or simply people throwing out ideas?

It does seem somewhat of a bandwagon idea, basically trying to get in on the current crytpo flavor of the month. At the same time, I do think Drk has been onto something, and anonymity does hold an advantage over btc. So if it can be added, it'd certainly be a good thing in my opinion, regardless of what occurs when the ever-changing, and seemingly quicker than ever, crypto fad of the moment. A simple mixer probably wouldn't be that hard to implement (fedora-style), but true decentralized anonymity would be a tad tougher.

The one wallet upgrade which I think could be of benefit, assuming you guys get merchants signed up, is incorporating a merchant marketplace into the wallet. I also suggested this same idea to Noble Coin, where they have one of the strongest marketplaces of any crypto out there. I don't think they had plans to incorporate it, but to me it'd be a nice differentiating factor for any coin. Of course that relies on a coin having a marketplace to incorporate to begin with.

I haven't checked on price in a while, and see the coin has taken a tumble. Did I miss some bad news somewhere, or did a whale decide to dump? That can be a problem when a coin is on a small exchange, as there isn't room for whales so much.... especially not multiple whales. Other exchanges and MP should be a priority. Rather than dump, I'd think a whale would simply buy up MP votes, as even if they wanted to dump, Poloniex isn't the place to do it really. Just curious if I missed some news or something there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:52 PM

The price keeps going down, i hate my self for buying XBC at 0.03
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:05:02 PM

The price keeps going down, i hate my self for buying XBC at 0.03

I am going to guess it's due to impatient whales dumping. I just checked the price a second ago, and saw someone sell 700+ coins at .004. And the next selling price was above .005. It didn't make any sense to me. I mean, why not at least trickle sales at a higher price if you want to dump? Or with so many coins, why not just wait for larger exchanges? They probably would have been better off just paying for MP votes, wait for price rise due to larger exchange, then sell the 700 at a much higher profit, even counting MP cost.

So I am wondering if I am missing something here. We may have to wait for whales to stop treating Poloniex like cryptsy/MP, before the price can move up. On the plus side, that 700+ coin order was gobbled up really quickly, so there still is some buy support there.
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Just checked out the official forums to see what was being worked on... rather than post there, I am going to post here, as I do think it better to be active here than in a coin's forums. People are lazy and won't bother checking over there, for starters.

Anyway, I see ideas being thrown about regarding wallet upgrades. Some folks have mentioned adding an anon feature into the wallet. Is that a serious consideration, or simply people throwing out ideas?

It does seem somewhat of a bandwagon idea, basically trying to get in on the current crytpo flavor of the month. At the same time, I do think Drk has been onto something, and anonymity does hold an advantage over btc. So if it can be added, it'd certainly be a good thing in my opinion, regardless of what occurs when the ever-changing, and seemingly quicker than ever, crypto fad of the moment. A simple mixer probably wouldn't be that hard to implement (fedora-style), but true decentralized anonymity would be a tad tougher.

The one wallet upgrade which I think could be of benefit, assuming you guys get merchants signed up, is incorporating a merchant marketplace into the wallet. I also suggested this same idea to Noble Coin, where they have one of the strongest marketplaces of any crypto out there. I don't think they had plans to incorporate it, but to me it'd be a nice differentiating factor for any coin. Of course that relies on a coin having a marketplace to incorporate to begin with.

I haven't checked on price in a while, and see the coin has taken a tumble. Did I miss some bad news somewhere, or did a whale decide to dump? That can be a problem when a coin is on a small exchange, as there isn't room for whales so much.... especially not multiple whales. Other exchanges and MP should be a priority. Rather than dump, I'd think a whale would simply buy up MP votes, as even if they wanted to dump, Poloniex isn't the place to do it really. Just curious if I missed some news or something there.

Hi Poornamelessme (I like your name Smiley)

We are considering all aspects for our next wallet release as Mindfox is staying on our team to take on further projects. The anon feature in itself is a topic for deliberation, we're working out a bit of a press release on this matter now; it's my intent to innovate, not copy paste sources. That said of course, Innovation requires not only time, but prospects I may not be able to go public with before development (due of course to the chance of another developer finishing and claiming this innovation as his or her own). We're looking to make a coin that can withstand the test of time, I believe to do so we need to build thoughtfully and rationally and weed ourselves away from fads that come and go, though there are innovations to date that would be a worthy addition for us. We will cover the anonymous discussion in more detail shortly.

I think the merchant marketplace incorporated directly into the wallet is a wonderful idea, these are the kind of prospects I'm looking for. I'm taking all of these good ideas and wrapping them up to propose to mindfox directly for our wallet. I think with a lot of these ideas the problem comes down to whether or not the wallet dev can handle the job, which I'm certain mindfox can do.

There has been no bad news, perhaps speculation and I believe a bit of a disconnect between the actual investors at Poloniex and the developments taking place for this coin, or perhaps people simply moving on into coins that are trending upward quickly. Markets are quite unpredictable, but we're not swayed by the market rate at this point in our development. The way I see it XBC is still in the proving ground, we will innovate and we will grow.

Alas your mention of Mintpal Votes, some folks yesterday thought it would be a good idea to run a little campaign to buy votes. I suggested to each and all to go ahead and buy votes be it 5 votes or 1000, post up the deed here with your tx and leave your xbc address for some friendly community tipping. I bought a few hundred as did many other users, I believe we boosted from #25~ to #16 on voting. I would appreciate it if folks would continue to spread the word and keep driving us toward the top. It may seem difficult but it's really not as long as we stay consistent with hourly voting and small buys, we'll inevitably make mintpal.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:49:59 PM

Many things regarding cryptos I would deem a fad. These include memes, various color coins (white/yellow/whatever), nation coins, mining algorithms and such. Anonymity may be looked upon as a fad simply because Drk shot up in price, and then we got a ton of copycats trying to cash in too. But... anonymity actually serves a purpose, while a meme or mining algorithm probably doesn't have any long lasting benefit, at least in regard to using a coin.

I do hope people take MP voting seriously. If really unknown coins can shoot up the voting list, I see no reason why XBC can't. Once in the top ten, anything is possible. And as I stated, rather than whales dumping coins, I'd think they'd get a better ROI by simply buying votes, wait for price to go up (which tends to happen when a coin gets listed on bigger exchanges) and sell based on the increased volume. Poloniex is like a small pool in comparison... whales dumping there cause tidal waves.

I think this may be the only instance where a crypto had a higher price with a broken wallet than it did with a working one... so I don't quite get it. Unless people are so insanely impatient that they need to hop from coin to coin. And I guess a lot of people are that impatient.

Other wallet or coin ideas I'll just throw out there:

Get coinpayments to take the coin. That is a pretty big one. It helps a lot with any types of marketplaces.

Perhaps tie in the link to bitcoin in a somewhat stronger way. Say if you had an XBC debit card feature, where people could convert XBC to BTC, (and the opposite too), based on coinpayments set up upon your site, and even built into the wallet. Then people could have an XBC debit card that could store either XBC or BTC.

I'm not entirely sure what merchants would take it, besides those online who use BTC, or XBC merchants you set up. But it could tie XBC into BTC somewhat from a marketing perspective, and be easier for some consumers to use.

Although other exchanges would be of somewhat limited use unless it's one of the big boys (Cryptsy/MP), no harm getting the coin on smaller ones as well -- Bittrex, Austin Global, CoinedUP, ShareX and those guys. It can set up some minor arbitrage trading. Avoid insanely small exchanges though, like allcrypt or those without any volume whatsoever.
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:34:50 PM

Seriouscoin,

I kindly want to ask what is really unique about this coin? I read all those things, you have written above, but they all seemed to me that you can find those in any kind of coins these days. Also it made me just a crowd of words but no actions. Can you please kindly state what is the next solid plan ? Will you create some unique tech developments like XC or DRK or BC had in their time? I am asking this, coz I have some XBC and thinking to invest some serious amount any soon, so I though maybe it is my right to know in my end..... Thank you and Warmest Regards,

Hello again halinyo,

In simplest terms, our next solid plans (short term) are our webstore which has been undergoing heavy development and a revision/customised interface to our wallet with additional features. The webstore should be wrapped up in the coming weeks. When I suggest a webstore I do not mean we are buying a prebuilt merchant application, this is something built from the ground up by Wallenstein himself including projects he has been focusing on for years before crypto ever even emerged and we already have vendors on the line with proposals on the table for incorporation.

I think the best way for you to get the true grasp of us would be to accept this challenge; talk to our developers in real time. Join us in our live chat at https://www.xbcplus.com/irc/bitcoinplus-irc-chat.htm and feel free to contact us, ask for wallenstein for insight on the webstore development, mindfox for discussion on wallet innovation, or myself for a breakdown on everything (SeriousCoins)

I do understand the point you are making. We are pressing to incorporate many factors which many coins promise but fail to successfully deliver. To this let me remind you that this is the exact reason why I hunted down trade professionals to incorporate into our core team. This coin hasn't been built upon a single developer purchasing a wallet and making false promises - We have a web developer who has been in business for over 25 years, we have a software developer who has over 30 years of experience, we have business professionals (including myself, I have been in the Accounting and Finance sect nearly half of my life on top of my passion for development). We all have a lot of connections and will deliver on these promises. I also believe thus far we have proven we are a long term team, we worked during a market pump to our highest price point, we continued to work through our lowest points and never once broke down, only keeping our eyes on our long term goals.

As far as wallet technology, we are working out our spec sheet for coming wallet updates, as well as our overall intentions for an investor proposal. If you look at our official forum (just launched): https://xbcplus.com/community/ you can find the project section where I have posed the initial input forum for wallet revisions. I have been working on a concept I believe will be groundbreaking for a wallet feature, but I cannot announce with conclusive evidence that this is so within an estimable time frame. Lastly, the absolute primary focus on my end is to bring real life business value to these coins. There is always a new wallet feature that comes and goes, but where is the true intrinsic value to the coin? Where is the coin with a team of real world professionals working towards these goals of real world mainstream vendor applications and usage who have the experience and know how to make these things so? This is where XBC will surely stand way ahead of the pack. This is not a coin to buy and hold for one day, we are all in this for the long haul and will continue working tirelessly until we build a self sufficient machine.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
exposebc

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

Seriouscoin,

I kindly want to ask what is really unique about this coin? I read all those things, you have written above, but they all seemed to me that you can find those in any kind of coins these days. Also it made me just a crowd of words but no actions. Can you please kindly state what is the next solid plan ? Will you create some unique tech developments like XC or DRK or BC had in their time? I am asking this, coz I have some XBC and thinking to invest some serious amount any soon, so I though maybe it is my right to know in my end..... Thank you and Warmest Regards,

Hello again halinyo,

In simplest terms, our next solid plans (short term) are our webstore which has been undergoing heavy development and a revision/customised interface to our wallet with additional features. The webstore should be wrapped up in the coming weeks. When I suggest a webstore I do not mean we are buying a prebuilt merchant application, this is something built from the ground up by Wallenstein himself including projects he has been focusing on for years before crypto ever even emerged and we already have vendors on the line with proposals on the table for incorporation.

I think the best way for you to get the true grasp of us would be to accept this challenge; talk to our developers in real time. Join us in our live chat at https://www.xbcplus.com/irc/bitcoinplus-irc-chat.htm and feel free to contact us, ask for wallenstein for insight on the webstore development, mindfox for discussion on wallet innovation, or myself for a breakdown on everything (SeriousCoins)

I do understand the point you are making. We are pressing to incorporate many factors which many coins promise but fail to successfully deliver. To this let me remind you that this is the exact reason why I hunted down trade professionals to incorporate into our core team. This coin hasn't been built upon a single developer purchasing a wallet and making false promises - We have a web developer who has been in business for over 25 years, we have a software developer who has over 30 years of experience, we have business professionals (including myself, I have been in the Accounting and Finance sect nearly half of my life on top of my passion for development). We all have a lot of connections and will deliver on these promises. I also believe thus far we have proven we are a long term team, we worked during a market pump to our highest price point, we continued to work through our lowest points and never once broke down, only keeping our eyes on our long term goals.

As far as wallet technology, we are working out our spec sheet for coming wallet updates, as well as our overall intentions for an investor proposal. If you look at our official forum (just launched): https://xbcplus.com/community/ you can find the project section where I have posed the initial input forum for wallet revisions. I have been working on a concept I believe will be groundbreaking for a wallet feature, but I cannot announce with conclusive evidence that this is so within an estimable time frame. Lastly, the absolute primary focus on my end is to bring real life business value to these coins. There is always a new wallet feature that comes and goes, but where is the true intrinsic value to the coin? Where is the coin with a team of real world professionals working towards these goals of real world mainstream vendor applications and usage who have the experience and know how to make these things so? This is where XBC will surely stand way ahead of the pack. This is not a coin to buy and hold for one day, we are all in this for the long haul and will continue working tirelessly until we build a self sufficient machine.

with all due respect to all that awesomeness...  My outsider take is:

Bitcoin itself is too slow for many point of sale situations but always has the advantage of being more likely to hold it's value over other fast but volatile alt coins.  

Bitcoinplus is super fast and offers the promise of value-stability due to the small number of coins.

Bitcoin has serious future issues to overcome with the expense of POW and no possibility of an increase in the number of BTC in existence. (the problem there is BTC may become too valuable to spend but the expensive network needs transactions to survive)

Bitcoinplus is POS now so the cost to support the XBC network is significantly less than BTC's network. The supply of XBC will grow moderately over time - hopefully in alignment with adoption.

Those advantages really matter, but yes other coins have the features (pretty much anyway, XBC has an amazingly small number of coins).  Bitcoinplus, however, can be more easily marketed with those features because it can be branded as the fast cousin of BTC due to the name similarity.    

With all due respect to Mr. Shakespeare this may well be a situation where there is really something special in the name;  the 'plus' is really relevant and should be easy to communicate over time.
jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:03:45 PM

with all due respect to all that awesomeness...  My outsider take is:

Bitcoin itself is too slow for many point of sale situations but always has the advantage of being more likely to hold it's value over other fast but volatile alt coins.  

Bitcoinplus is super fast and offers the promise of value-stability due to the small number of coins.

Bitcoin has serious future issues to overcome with the expense of POW and no possibility of an increase in the number of BTC in existence. (the problem there is BTC may become too valuable to spend but the expensive network needs transactions to survive)

Bitcoinplus is POS now so the cost to support the XBC network is significantly less than BTC's network. The supply of XBC will grow moderately over time - hopefully in alignment with adoption.

Those advantages really matter, but yes other coins have the features (pretty much anyway, XBC has an amazingly small number of coins).  Bitcoinplus, however, can be more easily marketed with those features because it can be branded as the fast cousin of BTC due to the name similarity.    

With all due respect to Mr. Shakespeare this may well be a situation where there is really something special in the name;  the 'plus' is really relevant and should be easy to communicate over time.

Thank you, wonderfully put. This sums up my views exactly.

The value in XBC is in all its nontangible features combined as one. While these features may not exactly be "new", when combined with a firm stance of putting community and transparency first, the package itself is what makes it unique.

The innovation and advancement in the cryptofield come after this infrastructure is in place.

allcrypt

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:27:18 AM

BitcoinPlus has been added to AllCrypt.com!

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:21:54 AM

Just my thoughts on this coin getting anon... YES!!! a coin of this weight "under 60,000 coins" and potential marketing ability. (feels more like btc savings instead of a spending crypto) it would be even more like a private buried safe Cheesy

I still have the few I was able to get

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
herecoming

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:38:42 AM

Received today my first minted coins. Thanks for good and working wallet!
jiapetz

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:08:50 AM

Received today my first minted coins. Thanks for good and working wallet!

Good to hear Cheesy Still waiting on my first payout hehe
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:24:23 AM

Confirmed first POS coins received here too - it's like an early Christmas Smiley
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:30:42 AM

XBC has been added to C-Cex exchange for both coin market pairing and USD market pairing:
c-cex.com/?p=xbc-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=xbc-usd

XBC has also just been added to Allcrypt exchange:
https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=826

Keep spreading the good word folks, and keep voting for the bigger exchanges; We're starting to spread.
https://www.mintpal.com/voting#XBC - Keep people voting, we had a good thing going enticing people to buy votes and jumped up 10 places, lets get past GPU coin since that whole thing is dead as it is.

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes - Don't forget with the wallet released cryptsy gave us a vote buy address, we're really lagging over there, if anybody has interest in cryptsy perhaps spread some votes there (though my feeling is if we get mintpal we'll get cryptsy and vise verse)
schernikau

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:09:00 PM

Hi,

I have compiled the wallet for Mac OS X.

Mac OS X wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!dN8mnLKY!zb0hUN5Wl6F9UAmj2JKxMN7dtEIPdQB1h-liH71rMjA

Donations are welcome (XBC):
B5NHR1qU2endZyswbVNLqinqae4AtqxYuo

BitcoinPlus Mac OS X Update v1.6

URL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/04o8h06vefwdqfi/BitcoinPlus-Qt-MacOSX-v1.6.zip

zip shasum: 765adbae89f822415cefbf4a73358eddadbaff2c

Please support me with XBC tips (I have 0):  BFafeF4d9gSq3YUMHoiSpo7HmXYSEcZNo4

Thanks and enjoy!

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:30:56 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 02:51:05 PM by instacash

Have test the wallet, it's excellent!
Support for 10 xbc.  Grin

Thank you amy_bit!

@schernikau, thank you -- however, your build does not run on 10.6.*. Mavericks only build?

Also for future reference, apart from downwards compatibility make sure to choose a high quality icns icon, clean splash screen and update Info.plist (see my build). Best regards!

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:45:19 PM

Seriouscoin,

Hello again halinyo,

Seriouscoins,

I am truly amazed with your answer here. I am happy to announce that I get in XBC at the right time where I got load of XBC with a great price.
I now am very confident with XBC's future and believe in the community and you as a lead on this project. Lets get rolling and get this coin to be replaced with BTC ! Smiley

We first have to believe it, ain't it ? I also would like to thank you for your very sincere responses.

PS: I will be contributing for MP voting.

Warmest Regards,
halinyo

jiapetz

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Seriouscoins,

I am truly amazed with your answer here. I am happy to announce that I get in XBC at the right time where I got load of XBC with a great price.
I now am very confident with XBC's future and believe in the community and you as a lead on this project. Lets get rolling and get this coin to be replaced with BTC ! Smiley

We first have to believe it, ain't it ? I also would like to thank you for your very sincere responses.

PS: I will be contributing for MP voting.

Warmest Regards,
halinyo

Glad to have you onboard Smiley
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:00:10 PM

Just received my first POS from XBC, truly awesome work guys Cheesy

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Hey guys,

Just to let everyone know that I'm working on the explorer.

The delay is caused by the fact that I had a crazy week and I just did't have has much time as I wanted to dedicate to XBC.

Thanks for being patient on this, you will get the explorer soon Smiley

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: