Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:25:49 AM

Well hopefully your dev team didn't bail on you guys like they did on DCM.  Locked the tread.  Took down the site.  DCM is trading at 200 satoshi.  No one responds to PMs.  Don't know how that collaboration is going to go now......looks like nothing will happen with your coin either.

Being that 2 of the assistants over there are devs with you guys, I think you guys are fucked too.  Sorry to say.

Hopefully not Sad

I hope the dev team can  give us an update on what is happening on the XBC website for the community forum? Its been closed for maintenance for the past several days and its more than 48 hours already. I think that wednesday 22:15 GMT was last June 18, 2014

https://xbcplus.com/community/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:36:26 AM

I think it less the issue of seeing progress, and more simply seeing the lead dev post a bit more often. It probably doesn't help that the official xbc forums are currently broken too.

Hello all, I'm one of the XBC admins - actually the bloke who created the forums and made the branding video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxzjcVLEvc). I guess in the absence of Seriouscoins, I'll step up to the table and explain what's been going on.

Firstly, the forums - these are not broken, I've actually moved them to a new URL and I'm in the process of upgrading them massively with new features like a trading section and access to other currencies. The reason why I'm doing this is because I realised that individual coin communities are essentially transient - ie they are only a member of the community during the time they hold the currency. These people are rapidly replaced by new investors and the cycle begins again. In my opinion, that's not the way to lay down strong roots for a community, so opening things up to all crypto investors is more likely to hold people's interest for a longer period of time.

I'm not going to post the new forum URL here on account of the fact that they're still not finished, but if people PM me, I'll be glad to give this info privately.

Secondly, the website - again I have been working with Wallenstein on developing a new version of the site and this will be switched over once complete - hopefully by the end of the weekend. I'm a firm believer in 'less is more' and the new site has massively simplified things by making things easier to find, whilst getting rid of 'extraneous bumpf' which doesn't do anything except for cloud the message. Essentially the new site will deliver the message that it's supposed to.

Finally, we have Mindfox ready to start working on an updated wallet and some new features like anon, however we're waiting on other admins to get back from their summer holidays before things get finalised here.

In he meantime, I have no problems with being people's point of contact on here and I'll answer questions to the best of my abilities.

Okk thank you for this little update, really appreciate !! When do you think the team will be ready to work again on XBC ? Hope its soon because we need momentum before we hit mintpal if not, xbc will die like lot of other coins :/ where is seriouscoin ? Summer vacation? Thank you again

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:39:39 AM

I think it less the issue of seeing progress, and more simply seeing the lead dev post a bit more often. It probably doesn't help that the official xbc forums are currently broken too.

Hello all, I'm one of the XBC admins - actually the bloke who created the forums and made the branding video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxzjcVLEvc). I guess in the absence of Seriouscoins, I'll step up to the table and explain what's been going on.

Firstly, the forums - these are not broken, I've actually moved them to a new URL and I'm in the process of upgrading them massively with new features like a trading section and access to other currencies. The reason why I'm doing this is because I realised that individual coin communities are essentially transient - ie they are only a member of the community during the time they hold the currency. These people are rapidly replaced by new investors and the cycle begins again. In my opinion, that's not the way to lay down strong roots for a community, so opening things up to all crypto investors is more likely to hold people's interest for a longer period of time.

I'm not going to post the new forum URL here on account of the fact that they're still not finished, but if people PM me, I'll be glad to give this info privately.

Secondly, the website - again I have been working with Wallenstein on developing a new version of the site and this will be switched over once complete - hopefully by the end of the weekend. I'm a firm believer in 'less is more' and the new site has massively simplified things by making things easier to find, whilst getting rid of 'extraneous bumpf' which doesn't do anything except for cloud the message. Essentially the new site will deliver the message that it's supposed to.

Finally, we have Mindfox ready to start working on an updated wallet and some new features like anon, however we're waiting on other admins to get back from their summer holidays before things get finalised here.

In he meantime, I have no problems with being people's point of contact on here and I'll answer questions to the best of my abilities.

Okay, glad you took the time to post info about what is going on. I'm not sure if you are aware of the DCM issues happening, but simply posting at all helps soothes some fears people may have here. So long as we know the dev team is still all here (or away on holidays) and active, it should be good.

Hopefully they get back from their holidays soon, as the price could use some buffering.

A whitepaper on the anon features planned for the wallet probably would help, a lot.
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:42:35 AM

Thanks for stepping up and providing us an update on what is the latest happening on XBC.
Good to hear these stuffs brewing in the background.

merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:58:42 AM

Okk thank you for this little update, really appreciate !! When do you think the team will be ready to work again on XBC ? Hope its soon because we need momentum before we hit mintpal if not, xbc will die like lot of other coins :/ where is seriouscoin ? Summer vacation? Thank you again

I've just updated the message on the XBC forums to reflect current developments.

Regarding work on XBC, I've been working several hours a day on the project with Wallenstein as the web side is our area. Regarding the actual wallet developments, we didn't want to proceed with things whilst other admins were away. Everything needs full agreement.

In regards to Seriouscoins. He needed some time away from things. Basically the last couple of months with the highs and lows of XBC and DCM really took its toll on him - he was complaining of not having seen any sunlight for several weeks, so basically his main priority is to take a step back, disengage and then come back with his batteries fully charged. I'm sure that you will agree that a Seriouscoins that is 'running on empty' is no use whatsoever - and that's why he needs a bit of time to refuel.

@poornamelessme - the new forums that I'm creating will have a dedicated section for DCM (I've also been talking with Patrick at Vericoin and it'll have a dedicated Vericoin section too - with more coins to come). The idea behind this is that we want to attract all crypto enthusiasts who can then float between the various forums.

What's the point of having DCM there?  They killed that coin.  Took down the site, locked the thread.  And ran away with the IPO funds.  There are no more backers for that coin.  All of us that were there got hosed.  
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:03:20 AM

@poornamelessme - the new forums that I'm creating will have a dedicated section for DCM (I've also been talking with Patrick at Vericoin and it'll have a dedicated Vericoin section too - with more coins to come). The idea behind this is that we want to attract all crypto enthusiasts who can then float between the various forums.

I'm not sure if you are aware what is going on with DCM, but let's just say whatever is happening, it doesn't look so good.

Rather than set up a dedicated section for DCM, you guys are probably better off just dissociating XBC from it completely. You'd have better luck partnering with XLC, and considering what the XLCplus dev did regarding the ipo funds, that is saying something.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:15:55 AM

If it leads to less spilling over here, yeah, it may be a good idea. I was referring more to XBC's partnership with DCM, which probably won't work out so well without, well, DCM seeming to be viable anymore. And I expect there are a LOT of angry DCM coin holders.

Although to be honest, we don't know what is going on with DCM precisely. Thread locked, devs never responded, price tanked insanely, buy support using ipo money never provided. It looks absolutely terrible.
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:57:47 AM

https://bter.com/voting  vote guys.XBC is added.
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:19:50 AM

https://bter.com/voting#XBC
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:02:55 PM

Is DCM executive Wallenstein involved in XBC?
And maybe also his fellow scam-artists Kreativekrypto, Bobsurplus, AhumanbeingX, Aszu and SeriousCoins?
If they are involved in XBC, kick them out before they fool you too.
ExtraSpecialBitter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:28:24 PM

Thanks for the update coinerz!  That was very much needed.  I can rest easier at night knowing things are going forward and going as planned.  Don't forget to vote.   
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:40:34 AM

Now I know the price is about to go up. I have 100% proof!!!  The fud is starting again. Not sure about DCM and honestly not to concerned I was not thrilled the xbc team was splitting time with another coin to be honest. We will soon have an even better wallet. New and improved forums. And another place to vote :p . We hit bottom a long time ago and there is nowhere left to go but up Smiley

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:47:32 AM

So long as the dev team doesn't do something really stupid, like extend their vacations for 3 months, or decide to promote DCM to people already burned by it, logically one would think the coin would go up -- based on MP, if nothing else.

I still think some MP voting promotions should go on, just to keep pace with other coins and keep other coins from sneaking up. And that whitepaper on the wallet's upcoming anon features would help a lot to keep the price stable, at the least.
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:53:55 AM

So long as the dev team doesn't do something really stupid, like extend their vacations for 3 months, or decide to promote DCM to people already burned by it, logically one would think the coin would go up -- based on MP, if nothing else.

I still think some MP voting promotions should go on, just to keep pace with other coins and keep other coins from sneaking up. And that whitepaper on the wallet's upcoming anon features would help a lot to keep the price stable, at the least.

MP voting promotions should go on

I agree to this, it helps promote the coin to new investors and gives the coin more exposure  with regards to the new coins coming into the market.

poornamelessme

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:25:43 AM

I agree to this, it helps promote the coin to new investors and gives the coin more exposure  with regards to the new coins coming into the market.

Any devs or XBC whales want to run one then? It doesn't usually take much.

Something like .05-.1 XBC per vote, and run it altcoin giveaways and places like that. 100 XBC would then get you 1000-2000 votes on MP. It's cheaper than using btc to vote, anyway. You could even try less XBC and see if it's enough.

Or run it as a contest. Something like every 100 votes someone wins 5-10 XBC. You can make it a random person from that voting group. There are numerous ways to do it.
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:38:34 AM

Something like .05-.1 XBC per vote, and run it altcoin giveaways and places like that. 100 XBC would then get you 1000-2000 votes on MP. It's cheaper than using btc to vote, anyway. You could even try less XBC and see if it's enough.

Or run it as a contest. Something like every 100 votes someone wins 5-10 XBC. You can make it a random person from that voting group. There are numerous ways to do it.

This is good, I prefer the latter method but lets make it for every 200 votes or higher the change difference and the 1st one who can post the snapshot of it here gets some XBC.
SO any XBC whales out there? Smiley
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:55:43 AM

This is good, I prefer the latter method but lets make it for every 200 votes or higher the change difference and the 1st one who can post the snapshot of it here gets some XBC.
SO any XBC whales out there? Smiley

If it's every 200 votes I think you need a rather big prize. The easiest way is per vote. Regardless, it requires someone with a lot of XBC. Or BTC... sure people would take that too.

I could have offered XLC or DCM, but for some reason don't think anyone would really want it.
hdoyle35

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:53:28 PM

I'd throw down 100 XBC to get 1000 votes on MP.  I've been voting my a$$ off.  Like 16 votes a day, and once when I take a leak in the middle of the night, since it was listed on MP.  Part of the issue is that we have so little coin holders, so we get so little votes.  Imagine a coin with 1 Billion coins, there is an opportunity to have a sh!t load of coin holders to move the coin up the chain. The community is awesome still, and the reason I'm still buying more XBC (1500+).

So how do i throw down 100 XBC to get 1000 votes?
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

I'd throw down 100 XBC to get 1000 votes on MP.  I've been voting my a$$ off.  Like 16 votes a day, and once when I take a leak in the middle of the night, since it was listed on MP.  Part of the issue is that we have so little coin holders, so we get so little votes.  Imagine a coin with 1 Billion coins, there is an opportunity to have a sh!t load of coin holders to move the coin up the chain. The community is awesome still, and the reason I'm still buying more XBC (1500+).

Try giving away 1 XBC for every first poster (taking a snapshot and have voted ) on  XBC's vote counts for  every 100 incremented  on Mintpal. You may increase the prize as XBC rises in ranks as well. This is only  one suggestion, others may share their ideas.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:26:32 PM

Nice... knew there had to be some XBC whales still swimming out there.

What I'd first suggest is looking at giveaway forums.

Here is one example: http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php?board=4.0

You can also contact cryptosandwich about doing a giveaway -- http://www.cryptosandwich.com/

Then you can either go the every 100 vote route and set it up like a contest, or just go with something like .1 XBC per confirmed vote. Going for 1000 votes would be time consuming on your part that way, however. It's also possible for you to do a bit of both if you want. Like have one giveaway for several hundred votes at .1 XBC per vote. And offer another one as a contest. Mention the cap in the forum just so folks know when the XBC will run out.

It's a great way to both get votes + extra promotion for the coin. If a couple of other whales join in, votes should shoot up nicely. Basically at this point we should look at keeping the coin in the #4-#5 area, as other coins are sneaking up... but XBC will move up automatically one spot each week as other coins get added. So it can still move up over time just by maintaining a decent pace.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: