Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 11:58:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that government can stop Bitcoin?  (Read 503 times)
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 75

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 16, 2024, 10:21:21 AM

Government policy makers can ban and in some cases regulate BTC but do not have the power to stop it. As a result of the decentralized system, it provides global access that anyone can enjoy the benefits of transactions. There may be objections to the Government's Anti-Money Laundering Act (AML) which is solvable. Although the government outright bans it, it is actually widely practiced because BTC is seen as a hedge for a country's economy.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Riginac111 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 16, 2024, 10:00:46 PM

A government in its own jurisdictionmcan make more difficult for people to use and have access to Bitcoin, reduce liquidity, stop access to exchanges and prosecute miners. But since Bitcoin is as decentralized as it is, it takes advantage of the lack of an effective global government which could distrupt it's functioning. The lack of a borderless government is one of the highest advantages of Bitcoin censonship and I suspect Satoshi Nakamoto was aware of it.
Even if an important market like the European Union or the United States decided to become hostile against Bitcoin, it would not stop the Blockchain from continuing existing as usual.

Perhaps, some entity in the future may try to destroy Bitcoin by distributing a computer virus against the nodes or miners, but it is kind of unlikely to succeed or be as effective as it sounds.
what I am saying in my country government is trying in everywhere to stop the existence of Bitcoin because in my country now there arresting people who is making use of all this exchange so based on that note I think that government cannot stop Bitcoin people who they are chasing is still in bitcoin, so government does not have for that kind of momentum to stop the existence of Bitcoin through my own understanding of Bitcoin
Ever-young

Activity: 1218
Merit: 176

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2024, 09:41:19 PM

For me, I don't think government can stop Bitcoin because it's not actually control by the government or any human being and if it were to be stop, it could have happened since even before I was born, yes, they were not in support of cryptocurrency but that doesn't mean, they will have the power to stop it, and I think if they actually stop it, there will be war and riots as the youth will really be angry, because the government who are trying everything possible to stop Bitcoin are not even providing or help the less privilege even creating Job opportunities. So since cryptocurrency has been the source of income to many young youth, it will better for them to stop fighting and try to negotiate with them.

Scarlett_23

Activity: 57
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 11:07:31 AM

Bitcoin is the world's first digital currency.  Many countries around the world have legalized it, such as Canada, Australia and ElSalvador. Some countries have declared it illegal.  While some countries have partially validated it, some countries are conducting more research on it.  Because there is a lot to know about a country's environment and financial situation and the benefits of Bitcoin.  But from time to time many changes in currency are seen.  Earlier, people used to exchange  silver and gold.  Then exchange started through money and money.  Then came the exchange through digital wallets and latest digital currencies.  Countries that have declared it illegal will also introduce it sometime because people choose modernity over time. And for these reasons it will not be stopped by the government.  Again, since Bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency, no country's government can interfere in it.
legiteum

Activity: 196
Merit: 47

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Bitcoin is the world's first digital currency. 

No, it wasn't. There were others before it.

Many countries around the world have legalized it, such as Canada, Australia and ElSalvador.

And the United States, and France, and Congo, and Bolivia, and Vietnam, and.... just about every country in the world. Bitcoin may well be one of the most legal things on earth, in fact.

Some countries have declared it illegal.

Like, three countries in the whole world, amounting to about .01% of the world's GDP.

And for these reasons it will not be stopped by the government.  Again, since Bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency, no country's government can interfere in it.

As we've discussed here at length (read before you post), any major country like China could conceivably take over 51% of the hashrate and thus control Bitcoin if they wanted to.

Read about our revolutionary new digital currency paradigm:Block. Split. Combine.
Ethan151

Activity: 94
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 03:40:33 PM

The government has the right to regulate anything that falls within its purview, especially if it has a significant impact on the development, security, and economy of the area. However, the situation with Bitcoin is more complex. While it plays a valuable role in society, its drawback is that it can be used for terrorist, fraud, and kidnapping. For this reason, a responsible government would never consider looking into outlawing Bitcoin.
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 75

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 09:46:51 AM

The government has the right to regulate anything that falls within its purview, especially if it has a significant impact on the development, security, and economy of the area. However, the situation with Bitcoin is more complex. While it plays a valuable role in society, its drawback is that it can be used for terrorist, fraud, and kidnapping. For this reason, a responsible government would never consider looking into outlawing Bitcoin.
I think a government could control BTC up to a level of regulation because there are some policy conflicts with Anti Money Laundering (AML). Also, due to the decentralized system there is a possibility that many transactional data may not be available which is why the governments of different countries want to control BTC.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
Berry2d

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 07:04:07 PM

Government can only stop her citizens from investing in Bitcoin if discovered to have any negative impact in thier economy. Every government wishes their economy to be influence positively. So I think the government can stop Bitcoin once is no longer favourable to their economy.
Ever-young

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2024, 03:47:48 AM

In my opinion a government can never completely shut down Bitcoin, if that were the case then all governments would interfere with Bitcoin. So don't you think that the government is continuing to try, I think the government is still trying to stop or take control. The decentralized system has given Bitcoin freedom. In all the countries where the use of Bitcoin is prohibited, the use of Bitcoin is still going on in all the countries, the government cannot interfere in any way. But it can control how Bitcoin is used and exchanged in some way. Currently, Bitcoin seems to be impossible to stop despite the advanced technology in the major countries of the world.

That's true and I totally agree with you, that's why it's very difficult for them to accept it, they want to be in control or in charge of Bitcoin which is totally impossible, although I don't really know their reasons of wanting to be in control but whatever it is, it can be for God, because they are going to misuse it which is going to affect everyone around the world ( In my own opinion though) and I thank God, they can get through it, no matter how they try it.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 03:51:06 AM

Do you think that government can stop Bitcoin?

Government can do this rather easily. All they have to do is nuke their 10 major cities... for starters.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Freeesta

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 07:43:52 PM

Not all states have a positive attitude towards cryptocurrency. The whole issue is regulation. Some countries simply don't have the technology to track users on the payment network, so countries are trying to restrict user access to the cryptocurrency market. But users still try to circumvent all sorts of prohibitions. This proves that the state cannot restrict users from using cryptocurrency.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
White pawn

Activity: 162
Merit: 19

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 05:30:02 AM

I Don't really think that Bitcoin can be stopped finally because, Bitcoin has high control of the economy, government and political heads also engaged in mining Bitcoin as a way of generating funds and revenue,so if Bitcoin is stop how will this revenue be generated in some countries.so stopping Bitcoin in a country is Really Challenging and difficult.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dunamisx

Activity: 896
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 05:48:28 AM

Government cannot stop bitcoin for so many reasons, if they have the capacity to do so, then they would have stopped it long time ago, bitcoin they also realized that its a decentralized digital currency in which no one has effect on it, because it follows by strict adherence on it consensus protocols in securing the network, with all this, instead, we should expect for more government adoption in more years to come.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ever-young

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2024, 02:23:22 PM

yes, they can stop bitcoin through the regulations they make. you can see several countries that have made regulations limiting the use of bitcoin in their country, such as bangladesh, where their citizens cannot use bitcoin freely because the government has banned bitcoin. from this a government can limit the use of bitcoin whenever they want and citizens cannot fight this because it is the jurisdiction of the government to be able to secure their economy on the grounds that bitcoin could disrupt the circulation of their currency.
when you check the history of Bitcoin you can see that government don't have anything to do with bitcoin blockage because they don't know exactly the technology of bitcoin because if they have known the technology of bitcoin by now they would have abolish the existence of bitcoin, on my own I know very well that bitcoin have what it takes to remain on earth and only thing government can do government can do to bitcoin is to regulate its power rate in that particular country.

You are on point and it's only God that can stop the Bitcoin, no matter how the government try, they can't stop Bitcoin, they can only limit or stop us from using it, which can't be possible, their plans is just to be in control or charge over Bitcoin, and since they can't control it, they are angry and wants to make it stop, they just keep trying and trying but can't control it and who knows what will happen if they are in charge or be in control of Bitcoin, by now, we could be paying to join or involved ourselves in crypto, by now, they would be using it as they want either for their selfishness or stop it from existing and I thank God is not done that way, it's decentralized assets which always makes me happy.

Fiasem20

Activity: 182
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 31, 2024, 08:10:42 PM

IMO, government cannot stop bitcoin,just like you said it's an independent coin that doesn't rely on centralized entities.They can only make a living hell to Bitcoin enthusiasts by giving strict restrictions and they can't do otherwise,no matter how governments have been setting strict restrictions and regulations it doesn't affect the market from continuing, despite the restrictions the trading volume is still increasing on a daily basis,so it still remains pointless.If Bitcoin is in a centralized form the government would have taken control over it or probably stop it but unfortunately it's in a decentralized form.

Mehedi72

Activity: 760
Merit: 109

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2024, 10:19:31 PM

Each government have their own point of view and government will be so powerful while it comes to controlling their own country. They can do a lots of thing. Even many country already restricted Bitcoin but they won't stop Bitcoin cause some other governments allowed their people to use Bitcoin as well as Bitcoin mining. And they earn from these. So Bitcoin can't be stopped. Even if all country ban Bitcoin, some people will still mine Bitcoin and keep using Bitcoin illegally.

Essential10

Activity: 350
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 03:18:25 AM

Each government have their own point of view and government will be so powerful while it comes to controlling their own country. They can do a lots of thing. Even many country already restricted Bitcoin but they won't stop Bitcoin cause some other governments allowed their people to use Bitcoin as well as Bitcoin mining. And they earn from these. So Bitcoin can't be stopped. Even if all country ban Bitcoin, some people will still mine Bitcoin and keep using Bitcoin illegally.
Yes I agree with you, the government of any country can try to ban or heavily regulate the use of Bitcoin within its borders. However, major countries are trying to completely eliminate the use of Bitcoin but making it extremely difficult for governments. In countries where bitcoin is currently used, it continues to be used through mechanisms such as peer-to-peer exchanges despite government restrictions. Anyone can access and use Bitcoin from anywhere in the world. This makes it challenging for any single government to stop using Bitcoin.

legiteum

Activity: 196
Merit: 47

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2024, 04:04:24 AM

Yes I agree with you, the government of any country can try to ban or heavily regulate the use of Bitcoin within its borders. However, major countries are trying to completely eliminate the use of Bitcoin but making it extremely difficult for governments. In countries where bitcoin is currently used, it continues to be used through mechanisms such as peer-to-peer exchanges despite government restrictions. Anyone can access and use Bitcoin from anywhere in the world. This makes it challenging for any single government to stop using Bitcoin.

There are no "major countries" trying to ban Bitcoin or otherwise, "completely eliminate the use of Bitcoin". That's nonsense.

Bitcoin is legal to hold and trade in almost every country in the world.

Spreading this disinformation drives the price of Bitcoin downward. Please stop.

Read about our revolutionary new digital currency paradigm:Block. Split. Combine.
teamsherry

Activity: 210
Merit: 60

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 09:02:34 AM

It depends on how strict they would make it for the average man to use bitcoin cause you see bitcoin network is run by nodes and as long as they are nodes still functioning then the bitcoin network would still be functioning but they could put strict rules that would make it difficult fir an average person with little knowledge on how to access the network anonymous to do that therby shading investors away from buying bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Donnard33

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 09:05:49 AM

A government in its own jurisdictionmcan make more difficult for people to use and have access to Bitcoin, reduce liquidity, stop access to exchanges and prosecute miners. But since Bitcoin is as decentralized as it is, it takes advantage of the lack of an effective global government which could distrupt it's functioning. The lack of a borderless government is one of the highest advantages of Bitcoin censonship and I suspect Satoshi Nakamoto was aware of it.
Even if an important market like the European Union or the United States decided to become hostile against Bitcoin, it would not stop the Blockchain from continuing existing as usual.

Perhaps, some entity in the future may try to destroy Bitcoin by distributing a computer virus against the nodes or miners, but it is kind of unlikely to succeed or be as effective as it sounds.
To even have a chance to stop Bitcoin, every government in the world would have to successfully coordinate simultaneously to shut down the entire Internet everywhere and then keep it off forever. Even in that improbable scenario, the Bitcoin network can be communicated over radio signals and mesh networks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: