Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies should be forewarned.  (Read 362 times)
Skfox

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 11:51:15 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2024, 08:10:44 PM by Skfox

There are many new members who may not know about these things and who should definitely know about these things.  

Those of us who are new members and participants in various giveaway campaigns including Bounty Campaign, Air Drop Campaign should be careful in advance not to connect their wallets to these AirDrop Campaign websites. Many times such airdrop projects come in the market who conduct the airdrop campaign only to cheat. Those campaigns usually offer users a substantial amount of virtual money by completing simple tasks that require the user to connect their important wallet to their website to withdraw. All these new members did not understand the deception of the fraudsters and connected their wallets to the websites of those fraudsters, but it was seen that the user lost all the money deposited in his wallet in a moment. And until he disconnects the wallet from that website, access to the wallet remains with those fraudsters.  

So before getting greedy and connecting my wallet, I must think about which website I am connecting my wallet to and whether I am risking my money there.

It is very normal for newbies like me to fall prey to things like this due to limited knowledge about it. Yes, making my own research is very important but being guided by an expert or a senior in the forum will help more on upbuilding  my knowledge on it.
It is very heartbreaking for someone to work so hard to earn money and them loses without achieving anything with it because of his ignorant about what he is going into.

Many newbies do not ask for guidances due to shame or pride, most times because they do not want to be embarrassed but then it is very necessary to ask questions before doing anything not just trading or investing.
Seniors in the forum can also help newbies like me to grow if they offer to guide or educate me or others who need to be guided.

Taking advice is another vital part because it would not be nice to neglect or ignore someone trying to help you in one way or the other. If all these steps are taken I believe no newbie will fall victim to scam or wrong site that can weep away his money.
Marykeller

Activity: 1092
Merit: 513

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 04:39:03 PM

There are many new members who may not know about these things and who should definitely know about these things. 

Those of us who are new members and participants in various giveaway campaigns including Bounty Campaign, Air Drop Campaign should be careful in advance not to connect their wallets to these AirDrop Campaign websites. Many times such airdrop projects come in the market who conduct the airdrop campaign only to cheat. Those campaigns usually offer users a substantial amount of virtual money by completing simple tasks that require the user to connect their important wallet to their website to withdraw. All these new members did not understand the deception of the fraudsters and connected their wallets to the websites of those fraudsters, but it was seen that the user lost all the money deposited in his wallet in a moment. And until he disconnects the wallet from that website, access to the wallet remains with those fraudsters. 

So before getting greedy and connecting my wallet, I must think about which website I am connecting my wallet to and whether I am risking my money there.
This is a very important message to newbies to note, that in crypto not every link should be clicked to get their wallet connected for free money because in crypto, not everything that is said to be free, is given free the way it is without a hidden agenda from the those that promised the free airdrop. Although there are legit airdrops, the number of scams exceeds that. That's the reason why, one should be careful about the kind of airdrop or phishing link they click). It's no longer safe in crypto without one researching how to stay away from scams that involve connecting wallets

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 09:30:11 PM

Most people are poor, they choose money over security and privacy.
You really hit the nail at the right point and definitely that is just it, poor mentality of people make them give privacy and security less priority but ignorance shouldn't be an excuse because it is the duty of everyone to be cautious of anything they are doing online so they don't fall victims to scam sites. It is just very bad that due to not having enough money have made a lot of people pay no attention to their security because they believe that even if they fall to scams, they only had a little amount in their wallets.

DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 322
Merit: 256

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 11:38:37 PM

It is very normal for newbies like me to fall prey to things like this due to limited knowledge about it. Yes, making my own research is very important but being guided by an expert or a senior in the forum will help more on upbuilding  my knowledge on it.
It is very heartbreaking for someone to work so hard to earn money and them loses without achieving anything with it because of his ignorant about what he is going into.

Many newbies do not ask for guidances due to shame or pride, most times because they do not want to be embarrassed but then it is very necessary to ask questions before doing anything not just trading or investing.
Seniors in the forum can also help newbies like me to grow if they offer to guide or educate me or others who need to be guided.

Taking advice is another vital part because it would not be nice to neglect or ignore someone trying to help you in one way or the other. If all these steps are taken I believe no newbie will fall victim to scam or wrong site that can weep away his money.
Everyone was once a newbie before ranking up in the forum through proper learning and engagement in forum activities, Just as you've learned the importance of not connecting your main wallets to any faucet claiming site, you should also know that its wrong to leave your coins in a centralized exchange CEX.  Although you have decided to learn from more experienced users in the forum, which is a good thing and what will help you grow better in the forum, you also need to do your own researches and not believe anything you see outrightly cos senior members are still humans and they're prone to errors.

Learning is a simultaneous activity, your meaningful contributions can be a learning source for even a senior forum member, so keep learning and sharing useful value in the forum,  there's a lot of learning to do by everyone.

NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2024, 06:09:34 AM

As long as their project investment picture is good and there is no indication of a scam why not, and indeed for the campaign you mentioned now it is indeed rife at the moment, especially for newly present tokens both airdrop, Testnet, and Mainnet on their new network.

I think at this time the participants are also smart and always check well from the web directly to the community and they will use the new wallet instead of their investment wallet (Reserve wallet specifically for airdrops) to anticipate unexpected and diverse events like yours. It was said above so as not to lose money in the main account.
Outhue

Activity: 854
Merit: 449

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2024, 09:46:10 AM

What wallet are they connecting? That is the right thing to say, because in crypto space you will at one point have to connect your wallet to a platform, 1inch or uniswap for example, you can't use any Dex exchange without connecting your crypto wallet.

The best advice should be to have a separate crypto wallet for airdrops and it must always be empty, have a main wallet for storing your digital assets and have another one for joining airdrops, simple.

I won't advice anyone not to hunt for airdrops, not after what I have seen so many projects did since 2022, many airdrop participants make a lot of money, the stuff that is enough to buy even 1 BTC, from the likes of SUI, SEI, Arbitrum, Pyth and many more.

I encourage airdrop hunting, just make sure you use a separate crypto wallet, and do your thing.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀