Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul?  (Read 14578 times)
Thralen

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 01:30:39 AM

Weird! Probably an issue on the shipper's end. If you think it was an issue on our end, send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com.

I am guessing shipper's end also, my last two orders had the same issue. It's not like I'm going to complain about being surprised by my PMs in the mail though unless I miss delivery due to it. Grin

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 01:45:37 AM

Weird! Probably an issue on the shipper's end. If you think it was an issue on our end, send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com.

I am guessing shipper's end also, my last two orders had the same issue. It's not like I'm going to complain about being surprised by my PMs in the mail though unless I miss delivery due to it. Grin

Thralen
Did you check the customer dashboard? I have tracking info for that order on my end. I see that you signed for it today.

Our shipping emails might just be getting spambox'd.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Thralen

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:27:19 PM

Did you check the customer dashboard? I have tracking info for that order on my end. I see that you signed for it today.

Thanks,
-Jon

No, I didn't receive your emails at all for this last order, and no they weren't in the spam box (I checked). To try tracking the order I was logging in to your site, clicking on "view order"->"track your order"
It shows my having signed for it now to me as well but as of the evening before I received the package it was only listing as "shipping info received electronically".

Could be an issue with the post office, with pre-printed postage they are not very good about actually scanning the delivery confirmation tags unless you hand them to them and wait for a receipt (I do that with my business shipping to ensure they get scanned) , might be a similar problem with signature tracking as well. Since it is first class mail (sorry I don't make enough BTC for large enough orders to qualify for the cut offs on the faster shipping) I would expect it to be several days in the actual USPS system before receiving it. Looks like it isn't making it in there somehow, like I said it is just possible that the receiving post office isn't scanning it in on receipt.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you know that the shipping procedure doesn't appear to be working as planned although the orders still get here.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 03:02:01 PM

Thanks,
-Jon

No, I didn't receive your emails at all for this last order, and no they weren't in the spam box (I checked). To try tracking the order I was logging in to your site, clicking on "view order"->"track your order"
It shows my having signed for it now to me as well but as of the evening before I received the package it was only listing as "shipping info received electronically".

Could be an issue with the post office, with pre-printed postage they are not very good about actually scanning the delivery confirmation tags unless you hand them to them and wait for a receipt (I do that with my business shipping to ensure they get scanned) , might be a similar problem with signature tracking as well. Since it is first class mail (sorry I don't make enough BTC for large enough orders to qualify for the cut offs on the faster shipping) I would expect it to be several days in the actual USPS system before receiving it. Looks like it isn't making it in there somehow, like I said it is just possible that the receiving post office isn't scanning it in on receipt.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you know that the shipping procedure doesn't appear to be working as planned although the orders still get here.

Thralen
Thank you for all the info. We'll investigate Smiley

Thanks,
-Jon

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 08:09:53 PM

Excellent Product well packed and as stated - I have always wanted to collect gold and silver so I started mining and converting it  - Here are some of the great stuff I got from Coinabul. I have weighed and measured each piece and everything I have received checks out 100%

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:09:18 PM

I don't know if it has anything to do with my using BTC or not, but I've place an order 2 weeks ago (for 5 oz of silver #200000349), paid for it in BTC but had to add a bit more because I was told the price was volatile(?) But the main thing, is I haven't heard back since, no confirmation, no reply to my emails or voicemails, not a sign that there's any awareness of my order.  I'm hoping my silver arrives tomorrow, but I would still VERY much like to hear back from coinabul, I was seriously planning to order a lot more in the future but this experience hasn't been confidence building.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:51:47 PM

I don't know if it has anything to do with my using BTC or not, but I've place an order 2 weeks ago (for 5 oz of silver #200000349), paid for it in BTC but had to add a bit more because I was told the price was volatile(?) But the main thing, is I haven't heard back since, no confirmation, no reply to my emails or voicemails, not a sign that there's any awareness of my order.  I'm hoping my silver arrives tomorrow, but I would still VERY much like to hear back from coinabul, I was seriously planning to order a lot more in the future but this experience hasn't been confidence building.

Not surprised. Seems like every bitcoin service or business is non-responsive or scammy.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:53:11 PM

I've purchased quite a bit from them, and while slow at times, they have never failed to deliver
MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

I've purchased quite a bit from them, and while slow at times, they have never failed to deliver

I'm assuming it's some problem or other,  and they'll eventually deliver, but I'm quite frustrated at the lack of response or even order confirmation.  I notice the 5oz bar of silver I purchased isn't available any longer so I wonder if they even had it to sell me.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 07:03:38 AM

I'm assuming it's some problem or other,  and they'll eventually deliver, but I'm quite frustrated at the lack of response or even order confirmation.  I notice the 5oz bar of silver I purchased isn't available any longer so I wonder if they even had it to sell me.

Hey!

I didn't see any emails from you, make sure to direct them to Jon [at] Coinabul.com in the future and I'll make sure to get them handled.

Sunshine Minting has switched their supply routes around. We had to file additional paperwork which is now completed. We should have your bar, and more in stock, soon!

MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:10:58 AM

Hey Jon, I used the webform for one message and I just realized I spelled John with an "h" when I emailed.

Thanks for the update, will I get some sort of notification when my order is shipped?
JingleBalls

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:12:40 PM

I bought a couple Sunshine Minting 5oz bars a little while ago. No problems at all. A little slow to initially post but I guess they needed to be purchased by Coinabul first then sent to me. I just patiently waited and they arrived. Plastic packaging of the bars wasn't the cleanest but I wasn't too worried about it. International shipping too, no issues and I am looking forward to them coming into stock again.

Regards,
JB
mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:34:49 PM

I have successfully completed two transactions with coinabul.

for a grand total of 3troy oz of silver. (another 4 or 5 pending, yet to order.)

1 from the uk, it arrived in approx 2 weeks.
1 from australia, it arrived in approx 3-4 weeks.

Never had an answer when using the contact form or emailing support.  Although they do seem very diligent on this forum, and the tracking information was alright.  I got to see it leaving the USA, in both cases this was within 5 days.

I am trying to buy some gold at the moment, but I cannot get to the site.  I will try again tomorrow.

I would recommend coinabul.  and everyone I introduce to bitcoin I send them enough to order an oz of silver from coinabul then sit down and order it with them.  It makes the process really real to people. This is going to be my xmas presents to my friends abroad. Smiley
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:57:42 PM

I have successfully completed two transactions with coinabul.

for a grand total of 3troy oz of silver. (another 4 or 5 pending, yet to order.)

1 from the uk, it arrived in approx 2 weeks.
1 from australia, it arrived in approx 3-4 weeks.

Never had an answer when using the contact form or emailing support.  Although they do seem very diligent on this forum, and the tracking information was alright.  I got to see it leaving the USA, in both cases this was within 5 days.

I am trying to buy some gold at the moment, but I cannot get to the site.  I will try again tomorrow.

I would recommend coinabul.  and everyone I introduce to bitcoin I send them enough to order an oz of silver from coinabul then sit down and order it with them.  It makes the process really real to people. This is going to be my xmas presents to my friends abroad. Smiley

Thanks for the feedback!

Where are you trying to access the site from. I'm having no issues in the states.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:59:10 PM

Hey Jon, I used the webform for one message and I just realized I spelled John with an "h" when I emailed.

Thanks for the update, will I get some sort of notification when my order is shipped?

Ah, misfortune! I'm always available at Jon@Coinabul.com.

You should, if you did not receive a confirmation email then it is less likely. I'd check your spam folder. Feel free to email me for an update or check the account dashboard.

Thank you,
-Jon

AllYourBase

Activity: 138

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 01:13:18 AM

Successfully received three bars from Coinabul, but still waiting on a coin.

I originally ordered on 10/19. 

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.
mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 01:42:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Where are you trying to access the site from. I'm having no issues in the states.

Thanks,
-Jon

no problem.  I am from the uk. it seems okay now.  i have noticed a few bugs and reported them to the contact address but received no response. I sent these a few months ago and the bugs seem to still be there. :/
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 10:26:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks,
-Jon

no problem.  I am from the uk. it seems okay now.  i have noticed a few bugs and reported them to the contact address but received no response. I sent these a few months ago and the bugs seem to still be there. :/
If the bugs are fresh in your mind, please send them to jon [at] coinabul.com

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 10:39:53 AM

Successfully received three bars from Coinabul, but still waiting on a coin.

I originally ordered on 10/19. 

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.
Sent you a PM, your order is at your local post office.

Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 05:33:53 PM

I bought a 1 oz Pamp Suisse Gold bar from Coinabul quite a while back. It was received well packaged and in perfect condition, better than other Pamp bars I have bought from Ebay and other places. Some people complain about timing, but my order was received in less than two weeks and honestly why does it matter? You buy the Gold at it's market rate compared to your bitcoins' market rate at the time of order and unless you were planning to flip the gold bar in less than two weeks, it doesn't make a bit of a difference.

Bitcoin and Gold. My two favorite currencies. You can't go wrong here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: