Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul?  (Read 14576 times)
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Hi Jon, emailed you a few days ago.  I would very much like to hear back, get a confirmation of my order etc.  So far I've ordered with my bitcoin: this, a bfl asic, and 4bASICs... Nothing but delays all around. I can say, yes time does matter, at least outside of this community.   I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:08:38 PM

I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   

You're right. Everybody has different reasons. I just figured for me personally, I buy the bar and when it gets here it goes directly into a safe and I don't see it again for a long time. But it was incorrect for me to assume this is the same case for everybody. It can be frustrating to wait for something that shouldn't take that long. I don't know why coinabul takes so long, but he always ends up coming through eventually. Best of luck.
MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:33:57 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I do think they'll deliver (all of them, coinabul, bfl, bASIC) but accurate information would have been nice regarding when.

All this is putting me off bitcoin a little.
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 09:41:23 AM

Hi Jon, emailed you a few days ago.  I would very much like to hear back, get a confirmation of my order etc.  So far I've ordered with my bitcoin: this, a bfl asic, and 4bASICs... Nothing but delays all around. I can say, yes time does matter, at least outside of this community.   I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   
Hey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I think your email got buried under some random mail spam.

I looked up your order and we're having supply issues with the specific brand you ordered. There are more details in the email I sent back to you.

The issue is outside of our control and we're doing everything we can to get your product to you in a timely manner.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 08:03:54 AM

Thanks Jon.  Got your email.  I'll hang in there.
AllYourBase

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 03:37:55 AM

Successfully received three bars from Coinabul, but still waiting on a coin.

I originally ordered on 10/19. 

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.
Sent you a PM, your order is at your local post office.

Well it turns out that my local post office is worse than terrible.  After it had been > 10 days since the last activity for the tracking number, I went to the post office and after I got to the top manager they told me they lost my package.  Figuring it was gone for good, I called up Coinabul and they suggested waiting another week to make sure.  A few days later, I found it stuffed in my mailbox, in spite of the fact that it was a signature confirmation required package.  Needless to say, I'll not be using the post office for anything important anytime soon.  Thanks to Coinabul for dealing with the support calls for this, which were always friendly and to-the-point.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 10:31:24 AM

Successfully received three bars from Coinabul, but still waiting on a coin.

I originally ordered on 10/19. 

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.
Sent you a PM, your order is at your local post office.

Well it turns out that my local post office is worse than terrible.  After it had been > 10 days since the last activity for the tracking number, I went to the post office and after I got to the top manager they told me they lost my package.  Figuring it was gone for good, I called up Coinabul and they suggested waiting another week to make sure.  A few days later, I found it stuffed in my mailbox, in spite of the fact that it was a signature confirmation required package.  Needless to say, I'll not be using the post office for anything important anytime soon.  Thanks to Coinabul for dealing with the support calls for this, which were always friendly and to-the-point.

Post offices can be the worst. In our experiences though, customs offices are the seventh circle of hell. "Can you send over an itemized invoice?" Okay... "Can you send over an itemized invoice in USD?" Okay... "Can you send over an itemized invoice with a purity statement?" Fine... "Your invoices don't match the value on the airway bill." *sigh* sure. "Your item has been returned to sender because it didn't clear customs"  Huh

Ahhh, shipping. Glad you finally got your package though!

jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 01:49:06 AM

Anyone had any experience selling to coinabul?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
bombo999

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

In my opinion, they are to be avoided.  Do some online research of the principals of the company and come to your own conclusion.  As many users on here have indicated, they have very long delivery times and come up with a variety of excuses. 
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:51:06 AM

If you don't mind waiting, give coinabul a shot. It's legit.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:05:36 AM

In my opinion, they are to be avoided.  Do some online research of the principals of the company and come to your own conclusion.  As many users on here have indicated, they have very long delivery times and come up with a variety of excuses. 

We do have long shipping times. We do not contend that. Silver is faster than gold most of the time.

There are many reasons for these long shipping times, first and foremost, we're a tiny startup. A Bitcoin startup no less. We're still working out all the kinks. We've gotten a lot faster as we've grown.

Number two, we're dealing with high value products. A single messup can cost thousands and thousands of dollars.

Thirdly, we're dealing with Bitcoin. That means it takes a little extra work, and a little extra time, to transfer money around, with banks who are distrustful or disenchanted with Bitcoin, or Bitcoin businesses.

I apologize about the slow shipping times, I assure you we're doing everything in our power to make it faster.

Thanks,
-Jon

JMcGrath

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:26:11 PM

Hello,

I first wanted to thank Coinabul for their excellent support when I was able to get in touch with them on the phone last week before placing my order. I spoke with Jay (both times I believe) and he was a great guy and gave me some very good advice as a first time Precious Metal buyer, so thank you very much for that!

I wanted to ask about my order though, based on previous posts it looks like I am jumping the gun a bit here but after sending a lot of Bitcoins and a recent theft over at MtGox I'm just a little on edge right now. I have emailed both Jon and Jay, but I'm not sure my Email was sent - having issues with gmail today...

I placed 2 orders for a Pamp 1 Oz Gold Bar, 1/4 Oz Gold Eagle, 10 Oz Silver Bar, Silver Liberty Coin, and Silver Eagle Coin on the 7th and sent the Bitcoins immediately. I'm sure there are no issues but I just wanted to verify that my Bitcoins were received, Spot price was locked (should be as BTC are up and Gold/Silver are down! lol) and so on. My Status still says "Processing" and I never received any type of confirmation Email, is this normal? Or should I have received a confirmation?

Sorry, I just want to be sure my Bitcoins were received and that everything is a go. Thanks for the support and the great service you are providing the community! Even with my new Yubikey and security, I still don't completely trust any of the exchanges out there and PM's are a great alternative and something I've been meaning to get into anyways Smiley
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 03:43:25 PM

Hello,

I first wanted to thank Coinabul for their excellent support when I was able to get in touch with them on the phone last week before placing my order. I spoke with Jay (both times I believe) and he was a great guy and gave me some very good advice as a first time Precious Metal buyer, so thank you very much for that!

I wanted to ask about my order though, based on previous posts it looks like I am jumping the gun a bit here but after sending a lot of Bitcoins and a recent theft over at MtGox I'm just a little on edge right now. I have emailed both Jon and Jay, but I'm not sure my Email was sent - having issues with gmail today...

I placed 2 orders for a Pamp 1 Oz Gold Bar, 1/4 Oz Gold Eagle, 10 Oz Silver Bar, Silver Liberty Coin, and Silver Eagle Coin on the 7th and sent the Bitcoins immediately. I'm sure there are no issues but I just wanted to verify that my Bitcoins were received, Spot price was locked (should be as BTC are up and Gold/Silver are down! lol) and so on. My Status still says "Processing" and I never received any type of confirmation Email, is this normal? Or should I have received a confirmation?

Sorry, I just want to be sure my Bitcoins were received and that everything is a go. Thanks for the support and the great service you are providing the community! Even with my new Yubikey and security, I still don't completely trust any of the exchanges out there and PM's are a great alternative and something I've been meaning to get into anyways Smiley

Processing means coins were received. I'll check my email in a bit and reply, if I see your email, with more info.

You should get an invoice but gmail eats our emails occasionally.

Cheers,
-Jon

HECKLE 4 SHEKEL

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:08:15 PM

I placed an order with these guys last night. Jay told me told me via telephone that it would ship within a week.

We'll see how it goes...
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:54:25 AM

Thanks for the info Coinabul. I can't find this information on your website. Although when i submited my order there was 2 options to choose. First was the  insured express delivery the other is without insurance delivery. This is what is on your website:

Coinabul Insured Express service makes it easy for you to get your bullion. We automatically determine the fastest insured shipping method for your items and destination. This is the kind of shipping you will get:

Next Day Express
on domestic orders $1,000 or more

3 day Standard
transit on domestic orders $1,000 or less

2 day Express service
on international orders $1,000 or more

5 day Standard
on international orders $1,000 or less!

Maybe i am checking a wrong link..

Anyways, I am happy with your service. And i am happy to hear you improved on the delivery time too. I am measuring it now Smiley More than happy to give good news on the forum once i got my 2nd package.
Those are the shipping times; processing time equals the time it takes to get from our secure warehouse to our shipping facility.

Hope that helps! Glad you're happy with the service!

Thank you so much for being a Coinabul customer!

-Jon

I have made many efforts to contact you via phone and via email. This is from a previous post of mine:

I ordered a very large amount of silver coins and paid for express next day shipping. It took 23 days to receive my silver coins, and during that time I never received a single email or call from Coinabul regarding the delay. The only contact from them were automated emailed regarding the order- despite me emailing support as well as leaving a voicemail every 7-10 days to see what the delay was about. After several months, I am still attempting to get a refund for the additional cost of express shipping- as it was a service that they clearly failed to provide.

The only positive thing I can say about Coinabul is that the coins were packaged extremely well and they arrived in perfect condition.

I have requested a refund on the shipping, as I paid for insured next day express (and my order was well over $1,000 worth)- yet it took 23 days without any contact from Coinabul explaining the extreme delay. There was 0 mention when checking out that "next day express" would actually not be next day, or 23 days. The fact I paid extra for this shipping and have not been refunded for months is extremely disappointing.
HECKLE 4 SHEKEL

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:38:06 PM

It's been 2 weeks since I sent payment and still no tracking number. They don't like shipping to PO boxes and that's the reason they gave for the delay.

For what it's worth they have been pretty communicative though.
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:03:39 PM

Just checking to see if anyone has had success with Coinabul, the btc / PM exchange.

Would you recommend them, what are your experiences like purchasing from them.
Their spot prices seem a bit high....?

Are there other ways to buy silver/gold with BTC aside from Coinabul? 

I have used Amagi Metals and really like them.  I haven't used Coinabul but heard their prices were higher...but easy to compare the two sites and others. 
truckingeek

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:40:26 PM

I put in an order the evening of July 15th and paid in full before the confirmation email even hit my gmail. Nine days later and my order (for which I paid btc0.25 for next day shipping!) still isn't here. Emails go unanswered.

I am a long haul truck driver and will be leaving for a month or more on Friday or Saturday. If I don't have my order by then, I may as well kiss it goodbye as it'll be sitting in my mailbox or on my porch while I'm gone.

Seven ounces of silver.  Yeah, I'm a little pissed.
truckingeek

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

Did a little digging, coinabul is run out of a house in Cheyenne WY.  http://goo.gl/maps/g6psL  Gotta wonder about the 321 area code...wait, sat phones all have that area code.

Pretty sure this is a scam.  Ship just enough orders to have a semblance of credibility, pocket the rest.  Or delay orders long enough to turn a major profit when prices shift.

Either way, I for one will never use their service again.  Good news is, given my line of work it won't be long until I'm in Cheyenne myself.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 04:40:43 AM

Selected businesses at this address:
Cash Medical Management Inc‎
ChampionWebVideo.com‎
Cornerstone Consulting Services Llc‎
Desert Moon‎
Ingenuity Marketing Inc.‎
ITA Enterprises Inc‎
JHN Design LLC‎
Okeechobee Trading Corporation‎
Premier Investments LLC‎
Premier One Enterprises Inc‎
Prosound Performance Music‎
Secure Inc‎
Smallbiz Express‎
WILLOW TREE UNIVERSAL LLC‎

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: