Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hullcoin: The World’s First Local Government Cryptocurrency  (Read 5788 times)
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:46:22 AM

yes get the government involved so we can no longer have privacy and taxless transactions. Morons...

Yeah but if there's government coins, then completely decentralized anonymous markets to move in and out of bitcoin from govcoin are possible.  It makes the current point of privacy failure (exchanges) go away completely.

Govcoins would be really really good for bitcoin, because it would be so easy to maneuver in and out of govcoins.  And of course, literally everybody would get used to using crypto-coins.

Govcoin would be amazingly good news.

I genuinely thought the more active/more experienced members of this forum were the wiser ones, oh how you have just destroyed that idea. Switching govcoins to altcoins without an exchange, the very point of complaint in the beginning of your post? I can only assume you're from Hull and have the IQ of the average resident.  

Sorry but my argument is completely valid.  More people using crypto is good for bitcoin.  Being able to anonymously exchange bitcoin for fiat is good for bitcoin.  And govcoin enables those two things exactly.

If you find fault with the logic of that argument, expose it.  Incorrect ad hominem are not valid rebuttals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HiroS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:29:50 AM

Has anyone even noticed that Hullcoin is not a new coin but uses an existing UK crypto coin?

The article is not well done and is misleading as to what that government is doing over there. I have suspected that CoinDesk is becoming increasingly biased of late. The recent Dogecoin to the moon article was particularly suspect since it followed a week of constant market decline for Doge.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:41:18 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 08:53:52 AM by franky1

-the part that makes me laugh is that they are the sole miners of their hull coin.. there is no competition/different pools mining hull coin..

and as such they get 100% of every block. yet they say they wish to get a KNC miner.....

dont they realise adding miners is only needed if there is competition.. of they keep the mining process closed so no one else mines it. then there is not any need to out compete THEMSELVES.

the mind boggles

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
HiroS

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:53:48 AM

Read my comment, there are not launching their own coin but using an existing one rebranded Cheesy

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:58:13 AM

Read my comment, there are not launching their own coin but using an existing one rebranded Cheesy

ouch.. if that is true which i hope not. then people that already have millions of that coin can go to hull and withdraw millions of pounds..

stpid idea it would be to use a coin that is minable for anyone and premined by different people..

imagine it. day 1 a customer buys £10 of hull coin. putting £10 into the economy. day two.. someone cash's out 500k of coin mined before the software branding. now hull is £499,990 in debt.

the only way for hull to succeed starting a new economy for swapping for Pound coins. is a closed blockchain and sole supply..

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

ouch.. if that is true which i hope not. then people that already have millions of that coin can go to hull and withdraw millions of pounds..

stpid idea it would be to use a coin that is minable for anyone and premined by different people..

imagine it. day 1 a customer buys £10 of hull coin. putting £10 into the economy. day two.. someone cash's out 500k of coin mined before the software branding. now hull is £499,990 in debt.

the only way for hull to succeed starting a new economy for swapping for Pound coins. is a closed blockchain and sole supply..

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they have planned.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:34:22 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 01:13:37 AM by CryptoDomains

I was thinking of putting up some Little Britain vids.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:17:25 PM

-the part that makes me laugh is that they are the sole miners of their hull coin.. there is no competition/different pools mining hull coin..

and as such they get 100% of every block. yet they say they wish to get a KNC miner.....

dont they realise adding miners is only needed if there is competition.. of they keep the mining process closed so no one else mines it. then there is not any need to out compete THEMSELVES.

the mind boggles
Heh, a single CPU would do the same thing.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Sp00n1980

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:31:40 PM

hey i am from hull .... first i have heard of it lol  Cheesy Cheesy
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:09:04 PM

There is some contradictory info in the media reports.  Looks like the best place for official news is on their twitter or facebook page - https://twitter.com/HullCoin
xocel

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:33:50 AM

I am all for reintroducing local currencies. Having wealth cycle around a community is a lot better for that community than having that wealth leave. The concept is great, implementation could have been done better though. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:35:45 AM

This should be an interesting experiment.

Governments and their own crypto. lol

Who processes transactions? Are the miners centralized in a government warehouse? Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:00:26 AM

where can we buy hullcoin
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:14:43 AM

You can't (at this moment). As I seen you have to go to Hull, then start doing some voluntary work and you will get some.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:56:06 AM

I think the implementation could have been thought out better (+1 to the coloured coins suggestion) but this part gets a big thumbs up. So long as no one tries to wrap red tape around everything they could slash their council budget with this, it could be worth while to investigate implementing a voting system either within the coin or parallel to it.

After reading the related articles I think Hullcoin isn't fully implemented at this time. It looks like a pilot, where the basic infrastructure is there but only very limited services are available. Anyway it's a good experiment and the next logical step after Bristol Pound and similar things. According to my readings Ven has some kind of voting procedure but I have no idea if that's part of the system or a parallel thing on Hubculture.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:26:48 PM

Can one Mine HullCoin?Huh

If so, how do you go about doing such. (Links to software etc)

you cant mine it. you can only purchase it for £1 per coin. thats the whole point. they dont want people making free money
as i said before its not to be treated as decentralised. but as a way of sowing that blockchains are better then current banking databases, and the speed of transactions is faster then wire transfer/visa/mastercard can ever be.

onc people realize that blockchains are better in Hull. people will then expand their investments to realise bitcoin is even better with even more freedoms then Hull coin can offer.

Hullcoin will be just a demonstration of the differences of bank accounts vs phone app services, were true value is transmitted instantly

combination of feathercoin and ven? seems an interesting idea.

Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:45:50 PM

All I can say after seeing the item on Sky News the other night is - great...

This raises the general public's awareness of cryptocurrency in general and helps to counteract all the negativity i.e. Chinese/Russian stance on BTC, mt.gox etc. etc. etc.

Of great interest is the statement that DWP do NOT consider crypto as income...

If one of our City Councils is actively promoting the use of crypto then the wider acceptance cause, hopefully, must be aided.

I did chuckle at their super-dooper mining rig..!  Grin

Failure is success waiting to happen...
JamesR1

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:45:18 PM

Shame DWP isn't HMRC. They are probably decentralising the idea of income within govt so they don't have to pay tax.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:52:43 PM

yes get the government involved so we can no longer have privacy and taxless transactions. Morons...

Please go sit in the corner.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:02:49 PM

You are forgetting about one thing. Bitcoin Smiley
Governments can have their own cryprocurrency just like they have their own fiat currency.

Does that stop you from using Bitcoin?  Wink

imagine you go to Hull and use your 1hull coin to buy a loaf of bread. then you want to go to manchester and use... "manc" coin instead of cashing out back to fiat and then going to the manc coin exchange to buy manc coins.. you would use bitcoin as the middleman..

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: