Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 09:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to HODL for long.  (Read 691 times)
Juicyhome

Activity: 56
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2024, 10:00:14 AM

Bitcoin journey is the best journey of my life, when I knew about Bitcoin I wanted to invest on it but I had no income because I was still struggling with finance in the university so I decided to save little by little and i saved for a year plus and then started, it was challenging sometimes especially when I had nothing to eat I will remember I have Bitcoin and that I could sell it off.

Holding bitcoin for long term is difficult and the only thing that can help you hold for long is setting out your goals and also having an emergency funds.

Set goals:
Before going into a long-term bitcoin investment you need to tell yourself this is how long I want my investment to last or this is certain amount I want my investment to reach before I pull out.
When you set this goals it helps you have a direction on where you are going and also helps you achieve your goals.
I understood the principle of setting goals before I invested on Bitcoin and I can tell you for real that it has helped me in this journey of long-term hodling, I don't think of anything else each time I see my Bitcoin apart from the goals I have set in place for it.

Emergency funds:
Before going into long-term bitcoin investment you need to save for emergencies.
When you have an emergency funds it helps you settle emergency issues without dipping into your investment.
5 years ago I invested on on a certain cryptocurrency. However I also was saving for something that was not too important, then I had an emergency which I needed to sort out, my only options was either to sell off my crypto investment or dip into the savings I was doing for something that was not important to me at that point in time, all I did was dip into my savings and left my investment from that day I saw the need for an emergency fund.

Bitcoin also serves as a store of value as it fight against inflation, however, having a stable source of income can be good for anyone venturing into Bitcoin investment so that you will not looking up to your Bitcoin investment to solve you other needs, having a stable income flow will also help in ensuring a healthy investment as you will be increasing your the size of your Bitcoin investment by making purchase on different occasions as it takes fewer and fewer of Bitcoin to realize it up to a reasonable amount, a provisional emergency funds are very important as we are prone and vulnerable of encountering an unforseen circumstances such that having an emergency fund will definitely help by not selling your Bitcoin to solve your emergency issues or problems.
That is what i observe in bitcoin reserve too, you must have a spare cash that will sort out you health, food, and other personal stuff aside, do not include it in the biticoin investment funds, and if your are not a daily trader stop opening your wallet so you wont be tempted to touch it, just have a plan or a target year you want to withdraw   and let it be. because have seen people that have a long time plan and they could not make it because of fear of dip in bitcoin, never you be afraid no one is controlling the market, let you investment be. behave like investors in bank stock, they invest and they do not go to the bank every day to check their profit till a stipulated time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: