Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Strangecoin models complex economic relationships  (Read 3391 times)
strangecoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:39:58 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 12:52:25 PM by strangecoin

Strangecoin is a truly unique crypto-currency.

It is named to highlight its uniqueness as a currency, and as a reference to the strange attractor.

[ What makes it different? ]

* A Strangecoin transaction might result in both parties having more Strangecoin.

* Strangecoin transactions can be one-sided and can be conducted entirely by only one party to the transaction.

* The rate of change of one's Strangecoin balance is a more important indicator of economic influence than the balance itself.

* Optimal investment strategy in Strangecoin aims to stabilize one's balance of Strangecoin.

* A universal account provides all users a basic Strangecoin income, effectively unlimited wealth, and direct feedback on the overall prosperity of the network.

[ Information ]

If I give you a dollar for a burger, then I've lost a dollar and gained a burger, and you've gained a dollar and lost a burger. Assuming this was a fair trade (that dollars and burgers are of approximately equal value), then as a result of the transaction we've simply rearranged who has which good, and no additional value was created in the process. What I've lost you've gained and vice versa, so that the total value between us has not changed after the exchange is over.

I give you a dollar because I want the burger more than I want the dollar, and if you accept the trade it's because you want the dollar more than you want the burger, so in a fair exchange we both feel like we've come out ahead. In other words, there is some additional value in our fair exchange that is not accounted for in the burgers and the dollars alone. But if our bookkeeping method only counts burgers and dollars, then it's not accounting for the value that accrues in our transactions.

Strangecoin is a model of the value that our complex economic relationships generate. The trick is to amplify the exchanged value of Strangecoin transactions relative to the interest of other parties who are not themselves involved in the transaction.

If this seems counter-intuitive, a non-financial example might help: it's not unusual for two minor celebrities to achieve greater celebrity status upon entering into a romantic relationship. Although strictly speaking the romantic relationship is between the two celebrities, the general public interest in the celebrities results in more overall popularity in their union than either had on their own prior to the relationship.

As the example suggests, the dynamics of Strangecoin might be usefully thought of in terms of a "reputation system" rather than a strictly financial tool, even though the basic mechanics involve the regular method of exchanging currency for goods perceived by both parties to be of equal value.

[ IPO ]

The idea is ambitious and the opportunity isn’t for everyone, but for those of you that want to support truly cutting edge innovation:

- 5% premine split proportionately amongst all investors.
- Delivered 7 days following the official release.
- The minimum investment amount is 0.1 BTC

Send BTC to the following address: 13rGLi9RpMLbaG32DdWYWm8YCHFFNzGXtM
Then email strangecoin@inbox.com with the amount of BTC and the Transaction ID. You will receive confirmation from us within 24 hours.

[ Specifications ]

Algorithm: Not released yet
Max coins: Not released yet
Block time: Not released yet
Difficulty Retarget: Not released yet
Block Reward: Not released yet

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

I want to find where I can buy a burger for a dollar.  Can you please help?

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
fakeshadow

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

it does sound strange. Cry
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:14:43 PM

can you make this ipo with burgers please ?

No, seriously,

DON'T GIVE THIS GUY ANY BTC PLEASE.
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:17:58 PM

it does sound strange. Cry

it does sounds s...
wozuikl

Activity: 21
Merit: 0