Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A known enemy can easily be defeated  (Read 311 times)
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1061

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2024, 08:54:27 PM

I have a younger brother who lives in the US and yesterday he told me about a call he received saying that he can get his lost coins back and all he needs to do is submit his wallet address.

Before saying that I am a fool, I know this is a scam, but I need to ask about what could possibly go wrong if he submit a wallet address? I did told him to submit a random wallet address that is empty with no single transactions in the past though but I can't stop thinking what this could lead to.

If you know their trick you can always be ahead of them and possibly be able to Warn others too, I am just wondering what they could possibly have in mind, I think they will track his transactions to know his worth. Or there is more? What do you think?

They who? did they provide any details and where he sent the address was there any clue about the organization was it an official or a random source that asked about the wallet because its very concerning if it was not an official authorities call then you need to be careful because maybe someone from your circle or a person who knows about you directly targeting you.

If it was the official call then there might be some other investigations. Hmm anyway mostly ignore such calls if they are unofficial and if they are official contacts for legal assistance because a professional can guide you better in the legal affairs that which details to be provided and which shouldn't.

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1403

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 09:38:16 PM

All people and platforms that offer wallet or lost currency recovery services are undoubtedly scams. Without a doubt, everyone knows that losing the private key, seed phrases, or currencies inside the wallet are matters that no one can help in returning if lost, but requesting a wallet address by any scammer does not pose any threat, and this is what the scammer wants to make you feel at ease and avoid suspicion from the beginning, and eventually trap you in one way or another.

This could be by convincing the victim to pay the full-service fee or the blockchain, or 50% before starting and 50% after completing the service, or by having the victim install software like TeamViewer so they can control the computer and steal sensitive and important data and hack it, or by sending one of the phishing domains to obtain the victim's seed phrases or private key. Then they might use this wallet to send an On-Chain Message to addresses the wallet owner has previously transacted with, which could belong to friends or acquaintances, and then scam them through the owner's wallet or steal the assets that are still present in other blockchains and NFTs that the wallet owner overlooked. There might be even more advanced scamming methods, so it is best to block incoming calls from such strangers and never comply with their requests.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Perfectbaby

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 09:58:45 PM

Do you know that when he send his address to them they would asked him random questions to know if he knew where he store his key phrase and even if he can't find they could use indirect ways to enter him of more details and as someone who is desperate to recover his coin he wouldn't know when he may reveal important information to them. Just as people keeps saying that they are holding some specific amount of bitcoin or other coin before you knew you began to get some random messages from people., this mostly happened when someone just create a post about having huge amount of money and he would be looking for a way to do some trade to increase his profits at this moments you would see people sending him pm to help him out without knowing that those people has no good intention for him.

Note any coin that is not in bitcoin address is likely to be scam, let say if they asked him of bsc address, ethereum and polygon address there are every possibility that they would likely send scam token and asked him to gas the address and swap coin, immediately he associate his private keys or seed phrase then automatically the address is being controlled by those people.
Publictalk792

Activity: 336
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2024, 01:09:11 AM

Your brother did well and you gave a good advice to him but if he gives his real wallet address so they can

- Look at his transactions to see how much money he has or find other people to scam and after they will find a way to grab that money.
- Try to get into his wallet and steal his money.
- Send fake transactions or small amounts of cryptocurrency to confuse him or even can give fake coins so while swapping that coins he may lost all the money.

By giving fake wallet address your brother is avoiding these problems. It is great that you are both being careful and warning others about these scams.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 700
Merit: 601

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2024, 05:43:10 AM

I am just wondering what they could possibly have in mind, I think they will track his transactions to know his worth. Or there is more? What do you think?

There can be two things, they will surely look the wallet for transactions and balance as a first thing, and then they will probably try to persuade the wallet owner to send them money or maybe the seed phrase so that they can recover his money. An experienced person wouldn't fall for this because they would know it's a scam, but you can't think the same for a newbie who might have lost some money earlier in a scam or something.

These scammers are pretty good at making you feel like they are your friend and well-wishers so that you believe whatever they say, this is the reason why they become successful in scamming newbies most of the time. The good thing is that your brother didn't hide this and followed their instructions and informed you about it.

Kristiyana

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 08:10:37 AM

I have a younger brother who lives in the US and yesterday he told me about a call he received saying that he can get his lost coins back and all he needs to do is submit his wallet address.

Before saying that I am a fool, I know this is a scam, but I need to ask about what could possibly go wrong if he submit a wallet address? I did told him to submit a random wallet address that is empty with no single transactions in the past though but I can't stop thinking what this could lead to.

If you know their trick you can always be ahead of them and possibly be able to Warn others too, I am just wondering what they could possibly have in mind, I think they will track his transactions to know his worth. Or there is more? What do you think?

They who? did they provide any details and where he sent the address was there any clue about the organization was it an official or a random source that asked about the wallet because its very concerning if it was not an official authorities call then you need to be careful because maybe someone from your circle or a person who knows about you directly targeting you.

If it was the official call then there might be some other investigations. Hmm anyway mostly ignore such calls if they are unofficial and if they are official contacts for legal assistance because a professional can guide you better in the legal affairs that which details to be provided and which shouldn't.

I will advice you tell your brother to disagree with the information that comes from them, because is obvious that those people happens to be a scam, if I May ask did your brother complained to them about his Lost?  How did they get to find out about the Lost? Before you should think of providing the wallet address this are things that need to be considered. is obvious that they intend to do something with it before they ask your brother to provide his wallet address I'm pretty sure they must have planned on what they're going to use it for, of which I don't know their intentions but you just need to tell your brother to be extremely careful.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Cryptomultiplier

Activity: 812
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2024, 08:42:59 AM

Your brother did well and you gave a good advice to him but if he gives his real wallet address so they can

- Look at his transactions to see how much money he has or find other people to scam and after they will find a way to grab that money.
- Try to get into his wallet and steal his money.
- Send fake transactions or small amounts of cryptocurrency to confuse him or even can give fake coins so while swapping that coins he may lost all the money.

By giving fake wallet address your brother is avoiding these problems. It is great that you are both being careful and warning others about these scams.

Sending small transactions that is fake to your wallet, would have sounded better like what a scammer would do, that's knowing that when you do see the alert you will be forced to open the wallet and check and may be asked to provide further details in the process thinking recovery of the lost coins is possible.
Well, good advice is free and our OP's brother sure too one well and even if it may prove too difficult and impossible to recover the lost coins, there's always the possibility of a miracle happening and at such, he should avoid such cold calls that have no honest details both in the future and present.

Belarge

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 09:44:36 AM

There are other tricky paths that will lure one into losses but with taking precautions in every single steps, we should become safer on both sides. Your brother should be careful because there's a whole lot of ugly incident outside these walls when it comes to cryptocurrency. On a second thought, he might be a newbie and have no hefty information regarding the space, we just have to do what's right and the pending projects we know or don't have clue about, it's advisable to abstain from them because indulging in them will definitely make one record loss which is the basic thing we're preventing from happening. 

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
yudi09

Activity: 1176
Merit: 752

Rollbit - Crypto Futures

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 02:09:39 PM

-snip-
-snip-

Some of these scammers are very smart but you have to be calm and question them to the extent of doubting themselves if you think you have the courage but it is advisable to put end to the call if you can not resist their behavior. Op, keep in mind that whenever someone approached to help without you seeking for the help in the first place, it is likely a scam or there's probably a motive behind the help.
I experience this kind of traditional fraud mode almost all the time by sending SMS or telephone calls. For those who do not understand what they are doing, they will be trapped and successfully deceived.
The conclusion that can be drawn is that things related to money have big risks. If Bitcoin is quite careful in public spaces and always ensures that the private key or seed is not stored on an internet-connected storage device.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bryan jessy

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 02:02:56 PM

I will rather he should ignore it, that could be a scam. And if he should summit any wallet I guess any transaction with that wallet could be traced. Because it is strange to get a call from a stranger asking you to send something valuable, because that could be another ridiculous way of stealing something most valuable from you, if you aren't being very careful.
Doan9269

Activity: 910
Merit: 586

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 02:48:44 PM

This may not actually be about you this time around, but you can agree that so many have been attacked through related means by many of these fraudsters, we just need to be careful and being observant as well as not to be greedy, also know that we cant have our transaction reversed once it was made, and no recovery service for such.

I need to ask about what could possibly go wrong if he submit a wallet address? I did told him to submit a random wallet address that is empty with no single transactions in the past though but I can't stop thinking what this could lead to.

They cannot do anything only with the use of the wallet address, unless they have the private keys with them, another thing they may try to do is in attacking using a dust transaction method, whereby they will make a deposit later to that same address from a similar one and then wait for such perfect timing that will make them strike an attack the moment he made a mistake of sending through the transaction history wallet address to a wrong identical one from them.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Litzki1990

Activity: 1246
Merit: 346

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 04:30:06 PM

It can be a new trick of cheating, cheaters change their tricks all the time. I don't understand how to get back the coins which are missing from our wallet. If there is such an expert then he can try another way but why would he want personal information of the wallet to get back those coins. We must be careful about this because if we do not understand the deception of the deceivers, we will easily be deceived. You should try as much as you can, before taking help from others, you must think about the previous and subsequent issues and then take help. Many may have already been duped by this new scam but those who have not yet been duped beware.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Cookdata

Activity: 980
Merit: 892

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 05:55:40 PM

Scam is a long process and the first thing they do to a victim is to initiate a trust and that is too blind you from seeing any red flag especially if you are naive and ignorant about blockchain and how transaction works on the network.

Possible scenario, they will asked for your wallet address just to prove they are starting to work only to come back later and ask for payment to buy some software packages to use to help you recover your money. If you send them, that's the beginning of your nemesis because they will request another one from you continuesly until you come to your senses.

I have always seen hundreds of same complaints of the same scams in chain abuse, they complain everyday of the scam and this is to tell you that people just want to invest into crypto but has zero understanding of the safety about their coins and this how they lose money all the time. Ignorance is a big threat to security and that's why too simple scams are paramount everywhere.

Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 238
Merit: 39

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 06:02:36 PM

Enemies has time limit though it's tough to fight them without courage what many many loss while fights enemies is because of lacking courage but a full courageous person always have victory at the end because enemies can't overwhelmed you instead you do.

Many things is required in the crypto space is all about smartness though the may be smart but you as the real man need be smarter than the enemies you need learn ahead of the strategy they will deploy to treck you before it comes your way and and block them before occurrence.

The saying of those that waiting to the end shall laugh is always a song of any one who surmond courage to fight against enemies because untill you sit up to fight the enemies keeps gaining more strength over you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1130

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 11:11:48 PM

One thing I get to wonder about stuff like these when they come up is,

How random can this really be? Was his coin ever lost and even so, how did you get to know and what business is it of yours fo poke nose in my business and lost coin. It doesn’t really add up but, given the fact that I don’t know this person and I don’t know what his got on me to want my public address, I just wouldn’t key in by giving the caller anything related to an address of mine.

What you did isn’t exactly bad, it’s just another way of telling them, they are looking in the wrong hole and when they realize that, wasting all efforts, they would know better to take your details off their log.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 11:25:32 PM

Did your brother lose coins in the past, or did the scammers just randomly call him about lost coins? I ask you this because whenever newbies lose coins, they are usually too devastated and they post about it in different platforms and also post their contact details for people who can help to reach them, not knowing they are setting themselves up for a second scam.

To add to what other users have already said about the possibility of a second scam, the scammers can also carry out a dust attack on your brother, or an address poisoning scam, were the scammer sends your bro a very small amount of coins with an address very similar to his, and if your bro is someone who copies addresses from transaction history, he can easily fall for it and be scammed again.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Russlenat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 910

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 11:47:36 PM

I would not trust this either... A cold call after losing your coins reeks of a scam being set up.

The mere sharing of an address does not sound harmful to me (unless looked at from a privacy perspective), but it could be a way to setup trust. It could be the first step into getting your brother send funds, share his private key or install some piece of malware on his system.

Personally, if it were my brother, i'd tell him to not entertain this cold caller. Transactions are irreversible, there is no way of just getting your funds back. The only way to get your funds back is when the scammer is (forced to) send your money back, and usually this means going trough legal channels. There probably are firms that help you get in touch with law enforcement and help you track scammers down, but those companies don't just cold call victims.
Yes, instead of biting the offer of the suspected scammer, just ignore the cold caller completely to get rid of it so you won’t also put your future transactions in danger even if you give him the empty wallet address. You should not just think about what’s going to happen at the present, but be mindful for the future as well. Keeping in contact with the scammer might help him trace your location and with that, if he can’t scam you online, he’ll do it offline which is more scary to think.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
PX-Z

Activity: 1484
Merit: 870

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2024, 11:59:21 PM

In this case, it's just the beginning, providing wallet address will help nothing.
Later the scammer will probably do something like your friend need to login on X platform or create an account for them to get his lost coins back and so many more reasons.
First, did your friend just lost his coins? Where the hell the scammer get his number, did he have a transaction from hacked exchanges? I would be wary using that number anymore, because some reason this mobile number will be included on scammers network, they can give or sell it to another scammers or company that needs crypto related people.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 12:20:31 AM

Sharing our wallet address (public key) wouldn't possibly make us lose our bitcoin unless your brother has been a spy by those scammers who called him. Maybe they just want to create a means that would make your brother interact with their philsing link so they could get access to your brother's wallet. It is good that you asked your brother to submit a random wallet address to avoid any possible scam that would make him lose his bitcoin. We shouldn't trust anyone online that we don't know asking us to send our wallet address for a giveaway we didn't apply for. If there is such a thing, just know that it's a scam.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 560
Merit: 180

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 04:26:39 PM

There's no point for your younger brother to submit an empty wallet because it is purely a scam, a lost coin that he cannot remember the process to access the wallet again, then the coin is lost almost forever.
Scammers will always tell you stories just to keep your hope alive, but the good thing is that you already know their trick.
However I won't say your a fool, maybe your just playing along with the scammer to make them think or feel comfortable just so that you can  apply delay tactics and frustrate them at the end of the day, but then i believe you should tell your brother to stop communicating with the scammer, possibly block him, because it might get to a point the scammer might ask for some else from your brother and he may not let you know about it, so it's better they stop communicating.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: