Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC miners income decline or will sell BTC to maintain operations  (Read 49 times)
btc-1024mining (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 04:27:11 PM

The latest data from crypto research and analysis firm Kaiko shows that bitcoin mines
Workers are under intense selling pressure. This is mainly due to bitcoin mining revenue
The drop in transaction fees and benefits has forced miners to consider selling bits
Coins to cover operating costs.
Bitcoin miners earn their income from two main sources: mining rewards and transactions
Cost. However, affected by the halving of Bitcoin rewards in April, miners
Our mining rewards have dropped significantly. Specifically, block rewards from 6.25
BTC dropped to 3.125 BTC, which means that the miners' income is directly reduced
Half of it. In order to cover the heavy expenses involved in the mining process, miners had to
Do not choose to sell Bitcoin.
In addition, transaction fees, another source of income for miners, also showed a decline
Trend. Based on data from the first week of May, miners get it from transaction fees
The profit is even lower than the mining income. This phenomenon has undoubtedly increased the miners
Economic pressures make it more likely that they will choose to sell bitcoin.
Analysts believe that in the current situation of declining market liquidity, miners
A Bitcoin sell-off could have a major impact on the crypto market. In order to
Marathon Digital, for example, holds a whopping amount of bitcoin
$1.1 billion, if a portion of that was sold, would be enough to spark the market
Fluctuate wildly.
In general, the declining income faced by bitcoin miners is likely to lead
A series of market reactions. This has implications not only for the miners' own operations
It could also have a profound impact on the entire crypto market. Therefore, this
This issue is of great concern to all who follow the cryptocurrency market.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 08:38:53 PM

That's a very bad translation job. The disconnected sentences imply to me that an image was translated using something like Google Lens.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 08:50:28 PM

That's a very bad translation job. The disconnected sentences imply to me that an image was translated using something like Google Lens.
You’re correct. The random cut off and capitalization is a very telling sign.

The drop in transaction fees and benefits has forced miners to consider selling bits
Coins to cover operating costs.
Bits coins? Seriously.

I did understand it so anyway yes with the mining rewards cut in half, miners now look for other ways to earn. This can further increase the transaction fees required as more and more miners will be turning away from verifying transactions. Needless to say, they need to be met with more incentives.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 04:41:52 AM

hobby miners that cant afford to mine jump to altcoins temporarily

the main farm miners buy electric upfront in contracts of 6-12-24 months bundles of their known electric draw, so they mine no matter what and hoard coin to only sell when the market price of the coin is profitable

so in actual fact. most miners dont panic sell at a loss. as that would be pure stupidity

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
B1-66ER

Activity: 53
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 04:46:11 AM

The only certainty miners have is that the Bitcoin network's controlled supply is set in stone from its inception.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

This is the constant; the uncertain parts of the equation are variables like price action in fiat, new political regulations, weather disasters, etc.

Anyone involved in mining should adjust their CAPEX and OPEX accordingly and project their ROI, while being prepared to decommission obsolete hardware if necessary. Recently, I heard an interesting idea for professional mining farms to refactor their old hardware to become products for end-user hobbyists, like Heatbit (heating your home while mining) or Lotto miner full nodes, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: