Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This need to stop  (Read 426 times)
Hyphen(-)

Activity: 854
Merit: 728

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2024, 09:53:13 PM

This happens mostly with those in signature campaign and I think there is need for readjustment, no need reserving comments space to appear on the first page.
Mostly it is because of merits.
Some users like doing first to reply just for merits, while some just to be the first person to give the first response in the thread so as to take credit of whatever merit any merit sources wishes to give.

Sometimes, it is because of the campaign just as you said, many users who are promoting a good paying campaign that requested them to be posting in the first page or that said they don’t want posts after five pages will be eager to reply.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2024, 12:08:35 AM

Mostly it is because of merits.
Some users like doing first to reply just for merits, while some just to be the first person to give the first response in the thread so as to take credit of whatever merit any merit sources wishes to give.

Once the favoritism in merit sources was exposed, Theymos really should have decentralized that.  Issue merits automatically based on overall demand and your activity.   A first year university student could code this, if they hadn't lost their way on greed avenue.   Tongue

We gonna click down to old Greed Avenue
And then we'll take it higher...

Full Greed Avenue lyrics

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
tread93

Activity: 1218
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 07:33:15 PM

I have noticed an usual trends lately in the discussions board most especially Bitcoin discussion, gambling discussion etc, members rush to make a short comment just to reserve the first spot on the page, and after a while coming to edit it with the full text, this make no sense to me, and no signature campaign demands that you must be first to comment at least none that I know.

The effects of this is that, it limits readers from seeing your original thoughts on the topic because at first glance you see something like straight forward answer like (really), and when edited to contain the full text the reader may not come back to that thread again.

This happens mostly with those in signature campaign and I think there is need for readjustment, no need reserving comments space to appear on the first page.

If there is any thread on this issue already please let me know to lock this one.

I have seen things like this happen before, & I'm not exactly sure why someone would really want to do this other than just being able to quickly go back into their recent posts in their profile page to then go back and edit their comment quickly to add whatever other additional information that they would need.

nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 08:21:34 PM

The edited time will only show after a certain time have passed otherwise there will be no sign or indicator that it is edited. Let's use this post (my post) where I posted it and then edited within the time limit then you won't be able to see it but after the time limit then you will be able to see the last time that the post is edited and there's ninjastic.space to know the original post before it is edited. It is clearly a way for to earn merits since it is their post that will be shown right away and when you read it then it's like they really have vast knowledge about it.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
Ojima-ojo (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 466

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 10:03:40 PM

It's not for signature campaign requirement but for merit IMO. There are few members who always likes to engage in discussion before anyone else so that their contents are visible to the most visitors and they can increase their chances to receive merit. You can always read their post later when you revisit the topic. I do not see anything wrong about it.
Thanks man, but going back to such posts may be a pain in the ass because with the first replies you already got discouraged from reading their opinions on the subject matter, I think it may have some bad impact on the reader and also anyone who comment below them, since if the answer to what you already answered when the edit they comments, it render your own comment useless since it will sound and look like a repeatations of what they said, but when you made  the comment they only reserved a space and you don't know they intentions at that point.

Campaign manager like yourself can help clean up such comments, by always taking a second look at edited posts and checking the first comment before they edited and not pay such posts, that way they will be discouraged from such practice.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
AVE5

Activity: 210
Merit: 107

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 30, 2024, 05:46:24 AM

I have noticed an usual trends lately in the discussions board most especially Bitcoin discussion, gambling discussion etc, members rush to make a short comment just to reserve the first spot on the page, and after a while coming to edit it with the full text, this make no sense to me, and no signature campaign demands that you must be first to comment at least none that I know.

The effects of this is that, it limits readers from seeing your original thoughts on the topic because at first glance you see something like straight forward answer like (really), and when edited to contain the full text the reader may not come back to that thread again.

If there is any thread on this issue already please let me know to lock this one.

To say that I've also come across some trend of posts related to their Short inputs just like you've said, It feels awful that lot of forum members are adaptive to Shortcut their threads in a half of incomplete with a logic of saving stresses and also stocking posts where they can just come back again to continue with it just because they want to meet up with post counts. Most especially ones in campaign.
I've also understand that other Forum members too who're not interested of reading through lengthy texts are cause of it because While I've been in the forum for awhile now, I observed that lengthy topic threads are hardly to have forum members complying to read and reply them even though it has qualities and making such posts feels discouraging because your efforts spent to create the thread that users ain't finding useful feels bad.
JJG has been a lot of good inspiration towards keeping quality posts without undermining the threads size.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: