Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with mining crypto?  (Read 117 times)
Ojinga (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 06:14:00 PM

At first what is crypto mining? Crypto mining simple as a way of creating new coins, also involves validating Cryptocurrency transactions on a Blockchains Network and adding them to a distributed ledger.

The most importantly, crypto mining prevents the double-spending of digital currency on a distribut network. So the problems while mining crypto currency has.

Strained local electric grids, raised electricity rates for residents, increased local air and water pollution, and prompted noise complaints energy intensive from neighbors across the global.

And this lead to environment effects of Bitcoin, which are significant.

Bitcoin mining, the process by which bitcoins are created and transanctions are finalized, is energy-consuming and results in carbon emissions, as about half of the electricity used in generated through fossil fuels.

Moreover, bitcoins are mined on specialized computer hardware with a short lifespan, resulting in electronic waste. Secondly the amount of e-waste generated by Bitcoin mining is comparable to the one of the Netherlands.

Scholars argue that Bitcoin mining could support renewable energy development by utilizing surplus electricity from wind and solar.

Bitcoins environment impact has attracted the attention of regulators, leading to incentives or restrictions in various jurisdictions. Moreover what happens when a crypto is fully mined? Block rewards will cease.

However when the maximum supply of 21 million Bitcoins is reached, these miners will then solely rely on transaction fees as their compensation for validating transactions and securing the network. And secondly what happens when you mine cryptocurrency?

The first miner to find the solution to the problem receives bitcoins as a reward, mining is conducted by miners using hardware and software to generate a cryptographic number that is equal to or less than a number set by the Bitcoin networks difficulty algorithm.

And the rewards to the first person to find the solution, and the process begins again. Then the main effects of cryptocurrency mining?

Annual carbon emissions of 65 Mt CO². A 2022 non-peer-reviewed commentary published in joule estimated that bitcoin mining resulted and representing 0.2% of global emissions, which is comparable to the level of emissions of Greece.

Meanwhile two studies from 2023/2024 led by Fengqi you concluded that mining Bitcoin off grid during the precommercia phase (wind or solar farm is generating electricity but not yet integrated into the grid). The proof-of-work mining crypto.

While miners of precious metals will unearth gold, silver, or diamonds, crypto miners will trigger the release of new coins into calculation.

For miners to be rewarded with new coins, they need to deploy machines that solve complex mathematical equations in the form of cryptographic hashes.

What is a Hash? Hash is a truncated digital signature of a chunk of data, hashes are generated to secure data transferred on a public network.

Miners with their peers to zero in on a Hash value generated by a crypto coin transaction, and the first miner to crack the code gets to add the block to the ledger and receive the rewards.

But Crypto miners will generally face tax consequences, first the details and guild on how cryptocurrency mining works: when they are rewarded with CRYPTOCURRENCY for performing mining  activities, at it's peak.

Cryptocurrency was an arms race that led to increased demand for graphics processing units( GPU). In fact, advanced micro Devices, a (GPU) manufacturer, posted impressive financial results as demand for the company's stock skyrocketed and share traded at highest level in a decade.

On this topic I'm trying to give my opinion with the problems and the guilds while Mining crypto currency, so I don't know your thoughts in this. What are yours?
Nexus9090

Activity: 133
Merit: 48

Beam me up Scotty

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 01:58:36 PM

CO2 is not a problem, without it plants die. Without plants people die.

The "CO2 Emission" causes climate change is a BIG Lie. Atmospheric CO2 stands at about 0.04% (400ppm) globally, there are of course localised pockets at higher concentrations in areas of high industrialisation.

However at 0.02% 200ppm globally, plant life begins to die off. So tell me again that CO2 is a problem?

There are no problems with mining crypto beyond that which are created by governments which want to subjugate, manipulate and otherwise control your life and take away your inalienable freedoms.

This topic belongs elsewhere, preferably in the trash.

Donations greatfully received : 3MbtxahpbkC1fGhvcWR7Ja38u8cwN9wzY8
Ojinga (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 05:44:41 PM

CO2 is not a problem, without it plants die. Without plants people die.

The "CO2 Emission" causes climate change is a BIG Lie. Atmospheric CO2 stands at about 0.04% (400ppm) globally, there are of course localised pockets at higher concentrations in areas of high industrialisation.

However at 0.02% 200ppm globally, plant life begins to die off. So tell me again that CO2 is a problem?

There are no problems with mining crypto beyond that which are created by governments which want to subjugate, manipulate and otherwise control your life and take away your inalienable freedoms.

This topic belongs elsewhere, preferably in the trash.

i don't this topic belongs to the trash, the answer to your question. You now daily Bitcoin price changes affect emissions at a coal plant with on-site cryptomining. External damages from carbon emissions alone well exceed cryptomining's value added. Then how does Bitcoin reduce while mining, the mining process emitted over 85:89 Mt of CO2eq in the same timeframe, equivalent to the emissions coused by burning 84 billion pounds of coal or running 190 natural gas-fired power plant. The environment footprint of Bitcoin mining is not limited to the greenhouse gas emissions. I know their no problem with mining crypto beyond which are created by the government but the government are not trying to manipulate or control anyone ones life here, they are just trying subjects every movement made by Bitcoin mining. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: