Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waking up a dead or concluded discussion in a topic  (Read 175 times)
JMBitcointernational

Activity: 252
Merit: 21

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 02:24:48 PM

I do come across threads that have been inactive for more than four months and all of a sudden you will just see a user make a reply on such post that have been inactive for a long time and possibly the discussion is the OP looks concluded from previous replies of other users and this is mostly done by newbies so is it necessary to wake up an inactive thread or the OP is to be blamed for not locking the thread when the thread became inactive and the information required by the OP has been ascertained and if it is a case where such discussions in the OP arises in the future can that same thread be reactivated or it will be better to create a new thread?.
This is actually good one @op because there are so many threads here and especially in gambling board that have been inactive for a long time but sometimes i will try and explore the forum and i will see some comments on that thread, meanwhile @op i will also love to ask you some questions concerning your post too because i will also like to learn more on this,

1. is there any specified duration for a particular post to last on the forum ?
if the answer is yes please kindly refer me to the guielines where i can read about it in the forum because i am new in the forum and i will not like to be  a victim of not obeying the rules and regulation of the forum. the forum is filled with so many users and also welcoming new users by the day, so how will the new users know that a particular topic has been inactive and how will they deal with the situation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 03:09:09 PM

Over the year, I have seen it happening multiple times and it most of those people waking inactive threads are newbies.
They just reply on that threads randomly without any valid reasoning.
This makes the thread active and then a whole lot other users keep replying on the thread making it longer.
One solution that I can think of would be to restrict newbies from posting on threads which are more than 4 months old.
This would decrease these occurrences a lot.
I think the best solution to this is that authors of the thread should be responsible enough to make a conclusion so that the thread will not be open anymore for new replies. However, this is also case to case basis, if the thread itself will still be useful for new posters, as it brings more awareness and relevant insights, then I don’t think that certain thread will not be open for more discussion, most especially if it gets more interesting with the new batch of replies from old and new posters.

Abu-Naim

Activity: 462
Merit: 278

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 04:20:07 PM

I do come across threads that have been inactive for more than four months and all of a sudden you will just see a user make a reply on such post that have been inactive for a long time and possibly the discussion is the OP looks concluded from previous replies of other users and this is mostly done by newbies so is it necessary to wake up an inactive thread or the OP is to be blamed for not locking the thread when the thread became inactive and the information required by the OP has been ascertained and if it is a case where such discussions in the OP arises in the future can that same thread be reactivated or it will be better to create a new thread?.
I see a suggestion in the meta board about this, and many users are saying it is the OP's opinion on if the thread should be lucked or not, but some users said that, someone might have something to add or discuss about the thread.
The main question is, how do they go to some pages back and dig out these inactive threads?
Is it because they might lack what to post in other discussions or they are just willing to bump the threads for more clarification?
Sometimes we cannot blame the newbies because if they use the search bottom and find out a thread they are interested in, they make comment just for some information or more detail explanation instead of creating a fresh thread.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1184

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 08:56:09 PM

By default the forum currently don't have a notification to notify the users if someone posted in their thread, only users who use telegram bot that know it.

You don't need to use the Telegram bot, you can enable email notifications when someone replies to your own threads or to watched ones. Of course, your email address needs to be an active one.

if it is a case where such discussions in the OP arises in the future can that same thread be reactivated or it will be better to create a new thread?.
Up to you, there's no rule to forbid someone to bump old thread as long as your post is important and necessary, create a new thread is nothing wrong too if you want to discuss about a new thing that differ from the old thread.

If you have something really unique and new to contribute to an old thread, I would be fine to bump it with such a contribution. If you fear to necro-bump a thread, create a new one, give a link to the old thread or particular posts of it and be good.

I'm not such a fan of fragmentation of information about the same topic over various threads, though. It makes searching harder as you get more hits and have to decide where the really good details are buried.

But as always... YMMV!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1783

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

Old threads do not necessarily need to be locked. In some cases bringing an dead thread back to life makes sense. In other cases it is caused by mistake (usually because of newbies and signature spammers).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 700
Merit: 601

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2024, 11:39:59 AM

Mostly newbies without much knowledge and experience do such things because they don't know how they can check the times of the threads started and the last posts were posted long back, so they write what they feel about the topic without realizing that they are waking up a dead thread from the past.

We don't need to blame anyone, but if we think that a thread has served its purpose and it should be locked but the OP isn't active anymore in the thread, we can report it to the moderators and if moderators think it deserves to be locked, they will lock it up, but if they think it should stay open, there is nothing wrong with people making new posts in it for the sake of continuing the discussion.

Richbased

Activity: 336
Merit: 181

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2024, 07:58:10 PM

OP you brought a very interesting topic here because I have seen such happen to some of my threads I posted long time ago in my local board and the discussions there has already been finalized only to see some newbies just bump up the thread all of a sudden and the one that annoys me most is if the thread was about something that happened within the time the thread was created so bumping such a thread to make new posts are irrelevant because the discussions have come and gone however I know some persons may suggest locking up a thread if the information needed have been achieved or the answer needed have been answered but to me, threads that needs to be locked are threads that involves question and some users have already answered it to the satisfaction of the OP and again threads that have a specific purpose why it was created, those are majorly the type of threads that should be locked but for other discussions it can be left open so that any one with any new ideas that will be helpful to the topic can awaken the thread again and discussion continues.

Belarge

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 30, 2024, 10:54:50 PM

Over the year, I have seen it happening multiple times and it most of those people waking inactive threads are newbies.
They just reply on that threads randomly without any valid reasoning.
This makes the thread active and then a whole lot other users keep replying on the thread making it longer.
One solution that I can think of would be to restrict newbies from posting on threads which are more than 4 months old.
This would decrease these occurrences a lot.
Newbies should just mind or take thorough checking on their posts because creating a thread. We know how strict the space can be. These threads can only be active when there's massive accountable evidence to show proofs. The market is not for everyone, we have the traders that understand how to comprehend the market but we also have the ones that have failed woefully without the aides of his colleagues.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: