Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 08:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Summary and Shadow banning  (Read 365 times)
timegrazer (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2024, 06:17:12 PM

When asked to prove it, OP refused, because there was no payment.

Somewhat of a dangerous precedent to demand that people give up transaction ID information or else they are deemed untrustworthy.  Seems counter to this community saying that privacy is such an important thing around here.  Not saying OP is or isn't guilty or anything.  I'm just saying that the reasoning that I'm seeing for the negative feedback is questionable at best.  Far too many people around here leave negative ratings because their feelings or egos got hurt.  Those folks probably shouldn't be anywhere near the Default Trust network but it isn't their fault they are, it's the fault of those that include them.

One of the most honest responses I have ever read here. Sucks that we celebrate decentralization and the freedom bitcoin offers, yet have to tolerate abuses on the de facto forum for the same crypto-entity.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1182

View Profile
June 27, 2024, 07:18:28 PM

Somewhat of a dangerous precedent to demand that people give up transaction ID information or else they are deemed untrustworthy.  Seems counter to this community saying that privacy is such an important thing around here.  Not saying OP is or isn't guilty or anything.  I'm just saying that the reasoning that I'm seeing for the negative feedback is questionable at best.  Far too many people around here leave negative ratings because their feelings or egos got hurt.  Those folks probably shouldn't be anywhere near the Default Trust network but it isn't their fault they are, it's the fault of those that include them.

I don't think that anybody would demand id as proof if there was no serious doubt that the transaction took place.
OP was trying to promote the thread somehow, the guy who took the job was a new account who never worked for anyone, had no trust, no history on the forum whatsoever.

How would an honest, transparent person respond? Maybe show a screenshot of the transaction with parts of the addresses and the txid blacked out. Ask the "client" to respond and explain if maybe he wants to show the id. It's not like we're talking about millionaires doing business here. OP obviously wanted to make a name for himself and be seen as trusted, so why would he backtrack so much when asked for that transaction?
With how he reacted afterwards, trying to manipulate trust and retaliate with negative comment, I'd say he was guilty in the first place. He showed his true colors, just needed a push to do it.

Except for the added sneaky hurdle of clicking  -  "Show Ratings". So sorry, not it IS not working - or maybe is in a way to discourage people from viewing the so called  Untrusted Reviews directly.

Anybody can give anybody untrusted feedback. If there was no distinction, you'd be able to make 50 accounts in a day and flood someone with positive or negative comments for all to see. It would make no sense.

timegrazer (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2024, 06:56:41 AM

, trying to manipulate trust and retaliate with negative comment, I'd say he was guilty in the first place. He showed his true colors, just needed a push to do it.

Anybody can give anybody untrusted feedback. If there was no distinction, you'd be able to make 50 accounts in a day and flood someone with positive or negative comments for all to see. It would make no sense.

What are you talking about? What 'manipulation' of trust ? You just said the system is working, how would I even tamper it? SInce you are so fond of asking  for proof, why don't you provide us with one which shows how I 'manipulated' trust?

Also, it seems you aren't reading correctly. Nobody is complaining about the existence orthe difference between Trusted and Untrusted reviews. What is being questioned is the intentional hiding of it. It can be uncovered only with an additional click which is counter-intuitive considering that everything else just loads without an extra click.

You are just mad because I praised OgNasty's rebuttal to your comment. Very very juvenile. My response was by no means a direct attack on you, I did not even read who had made the comment. I only agreed with OgNasty's response because it resonated with me. Peace
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1182

View Profile
June 28, 2024, 01:32:10 PM

What are you talking about? What 'manipulation' of trust ? You just said the system is working, how would I even tamper it? SInce you are so fond of asking  for proof, why don't you provide us with one which shows how I 'manipulated' trust?

By giving yourself positive trust feedback using your alt account (u=3547270).

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 3156

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2024, 07:06:28 PM

In this very thread - once you realized I had left you valid feedback, you tried to manipulate the system by going "Trump" on your feedback response to me.   When that didn't work, you tried to give yourself positive trust.   Then you went hypocrite and made this thread.

I have personally seen 2 of Legendary members openly pulling off scams, successfully.

I have personally seen a Legendary member and Administrator doing the same thing.    But since the scammers words resonated with you, why would you complain?

I post for interest - not signature spam.
https://vod.fan - fast/free image sharing - coming Oct!
Will Theymos finish his $100,000,000 forum before this one shuts down?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: