Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 03:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a Bitcoin paper wallet from a train ticket dispenser  (Read 230 times)
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6077

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2024, 02:42:16 PM

I tried to find such thread but couldn't find one though I did use the ninjastic space for it.

I tried a little and found one topic, although I'm sure there were many more - it's possible that some have been deleted.

Just bought Bitcoin from a train ticket machine in Switzerland for a trip abroad

I just discovered I made a mistake when writing, though corrected it in Op now, they don't accept master card but only their fiat currency. Though the 7% is not cheap but I think most people use it just for the experience

Let's say that this fee is on par with the fees that you will otherwise find at crypto ATMs, although I have seen that there are those that have 4%, but also even 20% if I remember correctly one example from the UK. It will certainly be too much for some, considering the much lower fees that can be realized when using CEX/DEX, but the average Swiss has a standard that is among the highest in the world, so he might look at these things from a different angle.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1693

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:49:12 PM

Let's say that this fee is on par with the fees that you will otherwise find at crypto ATMs, although I have seen that there are those that have 4%, but also even 20% if I remember correctly one example from the UK. It will certainly be too much for some, considering the much lower fees that can be realized when using CEX/DEX, but the average Swiss has a standard that is among the highest in the world, so he might look at these things from a different angle.

Well, but as has been said before in the forum, if people pay these fees it is for privacy and immediacy. Only a few pay them out of ignorance. Although I see more sense in bitcoin atms to exchange them for cash than to buy bitcoin or as in this case with the train ticket machine, because for that I think a DEX is better.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6077

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2024, 09:26:23 AM

~snip~

I wonder how much privacy there is if you are being recorded by cameras and if you have to verify the transaction using your mobile number? Of course, you can wear a cap, glasses or even a mask and use a burner phone, but whatever method you use to buy BTC, it is difficult to preserve privacy - and most people don't think too much about it because they are not even aware of the risks that arise from such an investment.

However, when we finally draw a line under everything that has happened in the past ten years in the context of Bitcoin, then we can see how open an individual country is to innovation and enabling its citizens to use it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
doomloop

Activity: 2422
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 18, 2024, 06:02:23 PM

these vending machine are part of bitcoin history since this has been the most wide spread initiative in the early times (I guess it was 2016-2017 when they launched it).
With this solution swiss rail company was able to give access to bitcoin in a time where it was not easy at all find a serious exchange (and at that time KYC was not a famous acronym).
I think that only here there is this kind of adoption... but it's not casual that has been launched here... there is a city Lugano that accept btc payment for any service ....
Not only specific from the past but everything including what we have now or in the future that are involved in BTC are going to be part of its history. Everything that is new is always going to be a widespread because people are still amazed or overwhelmed with it and others are only FOMOing for the trend, add in that they launched it during one of the peaked times/years of BTC. There are a couple of serious exchanges that time but indeed that there are only no KYC, which is a good thing actually because there are no hassles for using the exchange.

Nice to know that there is that city of Lugano. They are a proof that any place or country can still accept BTC for anything, even if they don't have a legal tender status.

m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1388

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
June 18, 2024, 07:04:13 PM

In Switzerland, you can buy a Bitcoin paper wallet from a train ticket dispenser, saw this online  https://x.com/CRYPTO_JOKKER/status/1801252432523235550

Though I had to check another video about YouTube that gives a more detailed information how it works, though it seems like it can only be bought through their fiat currency and not master card with a fee of about 7%. https://youtube.com/shorts/HkelOCD4GUY?si=iB66KZU-WWvoH4gt

The YouTube comments got me perplexed, since they claimed they had 0btc when they load it though it's a few comment.
My question is has anyone here ever use it ?
Is there any other countries were this is available?
I will like to ask if anyone has ever tried it or are there other countries were this is done.
This news would be worthy of attention if train tickets from these dispenser could be purchased for bitcoin, but when the company offers the opposite (buying bitcoin from a dispenser), the question arises, why all this? To attract attention? Those who need to leave by train will buy tickets anyway. Those who need bitcoin will buy it without leaving the couch and certainly won’t haul ass themselves to buy bitcoin for the dispenser. In my opinion, this is some kind of meaningless and useless service. The next step will be for us to be offered to buy bitcoin from soda vending machines? Well, I don't. This is not the crypto-future we expected.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: