Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 02:42:36 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you prepared for the $5 wrench attack ? (1000 ETH stolen)  (Read 586 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1354

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
June 23, 2024, 07:26:13 PM

I would not personally choose one for self / home defense due to the size, weight, and power of the weapon system and projectile.  Wink

A couple problems that come to my mind right away:
Cost of the gun - probably $10k+
Cost of the ammo. Expensive ammo = you won't be able to practise much.
This is a sniper rifle - useless for self defense, unless someone announces they're going to assault you and you'll set up in a window waiting for them to go through the gate. Even in such situation, a simple SMG like MP7 or Scorpion would suffice. Most people don't own properties large enough to effectively defend with a sniper rifle and small automatic weapons easily reach targets that are 100m away.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Moreno233

Activity: 406
Merit: 201

View Profile
June 23, 2024, 11:43:32 PM

Being your own bank has it's downsides, one of which is physical attack.

Are you prepared for such event ?

EDIT: It was not me, I just posted it.  Wink

This ugly incident is one of the reason we have to be careful about the level information we release to the public about our cryptocurrency holding. I have always known that it is safer that people do not know about our activities in cryptocurrency than making it public. The case described in this post is most possible because the victim let them know about his assets. If not of sabotage from friends and family, it is possible he has been posting about his portfolio on social media without knowing that he was being monitored. I just hope we all are able to learn from the incidence and approach our portfolio building with utmost confidentiality. 

Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 2193

I stand with Ukraine.

View Profile
June 27, 2024, 06:50:59 AM

~

When it comes to that famous hard drive, there is definitely doubt because there is no evidence that it ever existed, nor that James ever mined BTC. The question is how far a person is really willing to go when it comes to a lie, but some eventually convince themselves that something is true even though they knew it was a lie at the beginning.

However, in this particular case, it is not only about the lost BTC, but James claims that the disk also contains the real IP address of Satoshi.

To me it looks like he's trying to draw as much attention as he can to this case. (And maybe there's no case at all either.) Idk, the whole thing looks fishy to me. I think now the question is for what does need that attention, rather than what happened to him.

No posts on X from him since June 18. Is he trying to create a buzz around all this? Maybe. But for what? Only time will tell.

==== Bitcoin to the Moon ====
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 7087

In memory of o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2024, 07:16:05 AM

If I'm wrong, and the story is true, then it's not hard to conclude how the attackers knew he had such wealth in the house - he probably bragged online and practically invited them to visit him.

And that is a problem with people nowadays, they have become stupid and have started flaunting their money online, bragging about how much they make in a year, thinking that will get them more money, but unless they used some of that money to pay for a security detail, it's actually just going to get them robbers and other sorts of assorted criminals.

People really need to stop being so careless about their personal safety and keep their mouths shut.
tortic25

Activity: 277
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 27, 2024, 09:06:04 AM

I would not personally choose one for self / home defense due to the size, weight, and power of the weapon system and projectile.  Wink

A couple problems that come to my mind right away:
Cost of the gun - probably $10k+
Cost of the ammo. Expensive ammo = you won't be able to practise much.
This is a sniper rifle - useless for self defense, unless someone announces they're going to assault you and you'll set up in a window waiting for them to go through the gate. Even in such situation, a simple SMG like MP7 or Scorpion would suffice. Most people don't own properties large enough to effectively defend with a sniper rifle and small automatic weapons easily reach targets that are 100m away.

tbh, for 10k, it would probably be better to just put bars on your windows/doors, have a gate. And a security system. Or the best preventive measure, not be telling everyone what you have.

The world is so insane that you're just as likely to go to jail defending yourself while the intruder's family sues you.  Esp with a sniper riffle, if they're not close enough to be an immediate threat you're screwed.

And esp with most home invasions having multiple intruders, unless you're Rambo it's best to prevent it from happening or to not piss them off. Anyone talking about a sniper riffle for home defense is going to get themselves killed, lol.

I see so many problems with this, i also think a smg would be overkill and less effective for home defense. they're not going to be wearing armor, there's probably going to be multiple, and odds are the homeowner won't have expert aim., and not more than a few feet away. 4+ shot, shotgun is all that is needed.

i'm Looking for sig campaign pmme
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: