Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 11:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Gold  (Read 2155 times)
red4slash

Activity: 1414
Merit: 475

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 05:09:21 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

also i would love to choose bitcoin but if i have large amount of fund, i didn’t invest full amount in bitcoin, i will invest some gold because it’s 100% safe assets, and then i will invest in bitcoin it could be long term or short term, if in online security is a big issues, it’s not easy to protect online currencies, so without good security knowledge you can loss your money.
Supposedly when you understand the word investment then in this case you will not say that being in something will have a 100 per cent level of security because after all it is not possible because when we make an investment then there will definitely be several things that need to be considered, not only about price issues but other situations such as loss due to theft and others so that there will be no 100 per cent safe word in this case even in some conditions when ordinary people want to invest in any form even if it is gold, they must learn first because for now gold can also be faked and at least that happened in my country.

local media reported that there was fake gold that even amounted to 109 tonnes.
With this in mind, we must realise that ultimately nothing is 100 per cent safe.
In addition, bitcoin is also not very suitable for the short term because after all, when talking about investing in bitcoin, the long term is more worth it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10829

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 05:27:47 PM

I think if you want to really invest your money, Bitcoin is better than gold, because I believe that it will give better profit in long term.
Unless you just want preserve your money and make it safe, gold is better because it is less volatile than Bitcoin.

Choose which one do you want the most.
Gold is not even close to better than bitcoin in regards to trying to be "safe", unless you already have gold exchanges around you and in your community.  If you are trying to learn about gold, you are probably going to be worse off in terms of trying to find where to buy and sell it.  And, also if you go in to gold, you are going to just continue to lose value, especially compared to bitcoin... maybe you might be able to hold value relative to the dollar, but that is even questionable since bitcoin is going to continue to eat gold's lunch in terms of value continuing to gravitate into bitcoin from gold, just as it has been doing for the past 15 years in really exponential ways.
Yes, what I meant was gold is relatively safer than Bitcoin in term of its value because the price is much more stable.

If you said so, does that mean that Bitcoin is better than gold in every aspect?

Well, you have to figure out your own calculations in terms of whether there is any value in having gold rather than bitcoin, so frequently I suggest that there is no need to have any gold, but if you either have gold and you are used to it or you have some kind of an attraction for gold, then perhaps limit your gold investment to no more than 5% the size of your bitcoin investment.

Of course, you can do what you want and come to whatever assessment that you like and there are potentially some areas in which gold is less bad as compared to bitcoin, but still in the whole scheme of things bitcoin is likely around 1,000x better than gold in terms of the various important and material monetary properties that include but are not limited to:
scarcity
transportability
costs of holding/transporting (needs for 3rd parties)
divisibility
durability
verifiability
store of value (ability to transport in time)

You can place your own values on each of these items or even suggest that stability (or lack of volatility) is an attribute, and that is up to you.  Surely bitcoin is in fairly early stages of adoption, including controversy over its value, so bitcoin is inevitably going to be volatile while it is continuing to find its price and likely to become less volatile as it increases in market cap.. perhaps when bitcoin is going through the 10x to 1,000x phase of surpassing gold's market cap it will be less volatile than it is now, yet if we already know that bitcoin is currently volatile for much time into the future, we can choose our position size in accordance with such known situation.

So if bitcoin is currently priced about 1/15th of gold in terms of market cap and it is most likely 1,000x more valuable than gold then it could take 50-200 years to get to such price settling amounts, and you can choose to make other kinds of assessments, and even if someone knows bitcoin is around 1,000x more valuable than gold, that still does not even mean that such persons have to go crazy for bitcoin, just make reasonable investments into it and even potentially hedging that the price of things sometimes take a while to work themselves out in the market, so there is no need to go apeshit crazy in buying bitcoin merely due to recognizing its superior value status as compared to gold (and as compared to most other assets, too). 

It is possible to keep feet in each world of value systems, and in various ways gold has been being largely demonetized for the last 100 years or more - just like silver has largely been demonetized, so if you are betting on gold (or silver) being remonetized, then those surely seem like much greater long shot bets as compared to whatever position that you might consider that bitcoin has compared to gold, even if you don't agree with or accept that bitcoin is 1,000x or more better than gold, you still might be able to appreciate some other variation in terms of that bitcoin is quite likely not 1/15th the value of gold (as it is currently priced), and yeah, you can conclude what ever you like in terms of the various numbers in regards to where we are at now, where we came from and/or where we are likely to go.   There is nothing wrong with differing in opinions in regards to these kinds of assessments, and hopefully each of us are attempting to establish and/or maintain position sizes that reflect our own assessments, financial abilities and psychology rather than following the assessments, financial abilities and psychology of someone else.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Jchris50

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 07:46:36 PM

With this in mind, we must realise that ultimately nothing is 100 per cent safe.
In addition, bitcoin is also not very suitable for the short term because after all, when talking about investing in bitcoin, the long term is more worth it.
Without anyone telling me this, I already knew that there are fake Gold but Bitcoin is not fake actually, it is just that the price of Bitcoin is not stable but we can invest on it for long term and make profits more than investing on it for short terms.
Gold has existed from many years but look at were it is now, I do not think that it have any more potentials like bitcoin, and Bitcoin is only 16 year now but there is more potentials that it is going to go further in the next 10 years. The reason why Bitcoin is superior to gold is because it is decentralize.
Hutler85

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:35:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I think if you want to really invest your money, Bitcoin is better than gold, because I believe that it will give better profit in long term.
Unless you just want preserve your money and make it safe, gold is better because it is less volatile than Bitcoin.

Choose which one do you want the most.
Gold is not even close to better than bitcoin in regards to trying to be "safe", unless you already have gold exchanges around you and in your community.  If you are trying to learn about gold, you are probably going to be worse off in terms of trying to find where to buy and sell it.  And, also if you go in to gold, you are going to just continue to lose value, especially compared to bitcoin... maybe you might be able to hold value relative to the dollar, but that is even questionable since bitcoin is going to continue to eat gold's lunch in terms of value continuing to gravitate into bitcoin from gold, just as it has been doing for the past 15 years in really exponential ways.
Yes, what I meant was gold is relatively safer than Bitcoin in term of its value because the price is much more stable.

If you said so, does that mean that Bitcoin is better than gold in every aspect?

Well, you have to figure out your own calculations in terms of whether there is any value in having gold rather than bitcoin, so frequently I suggest that there is no need to have any gold, but if you either have gold and you are used to it or you have some kind of an attraction for gold, then perhaps limit your gold investment to no more than 5% the size of your bitcoin investment.

Of course, you can do what you want and come to whatever assessment that you like and there are potentially some areas in which gold is less bad as compared to bitcoin, but still in the whole scheme of things bitcoin is likely around 1,000x better than gold in terms of the various important and material monetary properties that include but are not limited to:
scarcity
transportability
costs of holding/transporting (needs for 3rd parties)
divisibility
durability
verifiability
store of value (ability to transport in time)

You can place your own values on each of these items or even suggest that stability (or lack of volatility) is an attribute, and that is up to you.  Surely bitcoin is in fairly early stages of adoption, including controversy over its value, so bitcoin is inevitably going to be volatile while it is continuing to find its price and likely to become less volatile as it increases in market cap.. perhaps when bitcoin is going through the 10x to 1,000x phase of surpassing gold's market cap it will be less volatile than it is now, yet if we already know that bitcoin is currently volatile for much time into the future, we can choose our position size in accordance with such known situation.

So if bitcoin is currently priced about 1/15th of gold in terms of market cap and it is most likely 1,000x more valuable than gold then it could take 50-200 years to get to such price settling amounts, and you can choose to make other kinds of assessments, and even if someone knows bitcoin is around 1,000x more valuable than gold, that still does not even mean that such persons have to go crazy for bitcoin, just make reasonable investments into it and even potentially hedging that the price of things sometimes take a while to work themselves out in the market, so there is no need to go apeshit crazy in buying bitcoin merely due to recognizing its superior value status as compared to gold (and as compared to most other assets, too). 

It is possible to keep feet in each world of value systems, and in various ways gold has been being largely demonetized for the last 100 years or more - just like silver has largely been demonetized, so if you are betting on gold (or silver) being remonetized, then those surely seem like much greater long shot bets as compared to whatever position that you might consider that bitcoin has compared to gold, even if you don't agree with or accept that bitcoin is 1,000x or more better than gold, you still might be able to appreciate some other variation in terms of that bitcoin is quite likely not 1/15th the value of gold (as it is currently priced), and yeah, you can conclude what ever you like in terms of the various numbers in regards to where we are at now, where we came from and/or where we are likely to go.   There is nothing wrong with differing in opinions in regards to these kinds of assessments, and hopefully each of us are attempting to establish and/or maintain position sizes that reflect our own assessments, financial abilities and psychology rather than following the assessments, financial abilities and psychology of someone else.

I guess you are a better person to describe what I had in mind, thank you for giving me some insight. As you can see I'm still a newbie and I was asking for genuine question of of curiosity.

Although, I agree that this kind of topic is highly subjective and argumentative when it comes how we value these to insruments of investments, what you said is really does make sense and add more to my own definition of value that I have in mind about Bitcoin.
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 649

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:58:28 PM

Without anyone telling me this, I already knew that there are fake Gold but Bitcoin is not fake actually, it is just that the price of Bitcoin is not stable but we can invest on it for long term and make profits more than investing on it for short terms.
Gold has existed from many years but look at were it is now, I do not think that it have any more potentials like bitcoin, and Bitcoin is only 16 year now but there is more potentials that it is going to go further in the next 10 years. The reason why Bitcoin is superior to gold is because it is decentralize.
In addition, Bitcoin has a limited supply and also many coins have died because the owners lost their keys. For that I prefer Bitcoin over gold, also statistically Bitcoin has performed quite well in the last 16 years.

Apart from that, investing in Bitcoin will of course be better to apply for the long term or for our old age. Because the limited supply will make bitcoin increasingly rare and legally the price will strengthen significantly if demand is greater. For that, buy regularly either with the DCA strategy or with other strategies, use your time to invest in bitcoin for your future.

In terms of development, of course Bitcoin has controlled the world because we can transact anywhere without a third party. Many large companies also continue to buy Bitcoin and hold it.
Also, many of them, from young to old, have shown great interest in investing in bitcoin, every day new investors join bitcoin and of course you can understand that Bitcoin is the best for now or for the years to come.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
red4slash

Activity: 1414
Merit: 475

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:39:02 PM

The point is not there mate. It's not about a genuine or fake issue because gold is of course genuine and bitcoin is also genuine when talking about the standard of legitimacy in investment but the point I want to emphasise in this case is that when we make an investment then nothing is free from risk because even though gold is said to be a safer investment, in fact it still has a risk because it can be faked and that is in accordance with what happened in my country where there were 109 tonnes of fake gold traded and did not rule out the possibility of being used as an investment.

So in this case nothing is risk-free because everything has its own risks including when we are in gold or in bitcoin.
For other things I don't need to give any tips including comparing which one is the best because everyone has their own views on this but certainly for now for me personally bitcoin is bitcoin where they are there to make my finances change for the better (at least that is my belief for now).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
avp2306

Activity: 1120
Merit: 390

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 11:00:24 PM

also i would love to choose bitcoin but if i have large amount of fund, i didn’t invest full amount in bitcoin, i will invest some gold because it’s 100% safe assets, and then i will invest in bitcoin it could be long term or short term, if in online security is a big issues, it’s not easy to protect online currencies, so without good security knowledge you can loss your money.
Supposedly when you understand the word investment then in this case you will not say that being in something will have a 100 per cent level of security because after all it is not possible because when we make an investment then there will definitely be several things that need to be considered, not only about price issues but other situations such as loss due to theft and others so that there will be no 100 per cent safe word in this case even in some conditions when ordinary people want to invest in any form even if it is gold, they must learn first because for now gold can also be faked and at least that happened in my country.

What they only think is about the price appreciation of gold but they didn't realize the risk factor especially if they are new to the scene that there are lots of factors that need to consider before they can get the best with that asset. Since just like what have stated that their are fake gold circulating in the market and to bad if they bought it since that would be a waste of money for new investor who think they can earn more better from this asset. Although I can agree that gold is really a good option but people should be mindful regarding on where they buy their asset to avoid losing money.

Unlike if they buy bitcoin where they can easily spot that this is the right asset to buy. The risk factor that we need to deal with is the volatility but if we know how to handle it well and could able to execute well the good methods that truly can help to ignore such negative things that can bother us then could help to increase our balance then for sure that success to gain profit with bitcoin will definitely happens. Also bitcoin supply is limited so provably that growth is more visible or faster to happen with this coin especially if lots of demands will came.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
STT
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1440

Exchange 250+ Coins With 0% Fees

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2024, 11:59:36 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2024, 12:23:23 AM by STT

Buy both because they are both different, this discussion is eternal mostly because the question is in error.   If you think we're near to solar flares peaking and wiping out most technology across the world, Yellowstone exploding and the return of dinosaurs then its clearly gold.   If the world is more complicated then absolute scenarios positive or negative then a combination of multiple asset types is going to be required, own both.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████░░
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░
▄████▀░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░
████░░░░░░░▄█████████▀░░░░
████░░░░░░▄████▀░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
████░░░░▄████▀░░░░░░░░░░████
▀▀▀▀░░▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░████
░░░░░░▀█████████▀░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
░░████████████████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀

TheChange
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀██▀▀██████████▄
██████████░░██░░███████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░░████████
█████████░░░████▄░░░███████
████████▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░███████
████████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄████████
▀█████████░░██░░██████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░██▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀
░░░░░░░░░░██▀
░░░▄▄
 ▄██▀
███████████████
 ▀██▄
░░░▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▄████████████▀███████████▄
████████████░░░███████████
██████████▀░░░░░▀█████████
█████████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▀███████
█████████▄░▀▀▄▀▀░▄████████
██████████▄░░░░░▄█████████
▀███████████▄░▄██████████▀
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀

+250
COINS
..Crypto Exchange..
▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄███▀▀███▄▄▄
▄█████▀▀░▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████▄
██▀░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄░▀██
██░████████████████░██
██░████████████████░██
██░▀██████████████▀░██
██░▀████████████▀░██
▀██░▀██████████▀░██▀
▀██▄░▀██████▀░▄██▀
▀██▄▄░▀▀░▄▄██▀
▀▀██▄▄██▀▀
▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████░░░░░░░█████
██████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█████
████▄░░░░░░░▄▄█▀░░░░██████
████████████▀░░░░░░███████
██████████░░░░░░░░████████
███████████▄░░░░░█████████
█████████████▄░░██████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
Iranus

Activity: 1932
Merit: 558

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 10:20:37 AM

In addition, Bitcoin has a limited supply and also many coins have died because the owners lost their keys. For that I prefer Bitcoin over gold, also statistically Bitcoin has performed quite well in the last 16 years.
Meanwhile, gold has proven that it can last and perform well for thousands of years, even longer.
Bitcoin has a more limited supply than gold, but gold is not only used for investment and jewelry but is also used in almost every industry in the world.

Apart from that, investing in Bitcoin will of course be better to apply for the long term or for our old age. Because the limited supply will make bitcoin increasingly rare and legally the price will strengthen significantly if demand is greater. For that, buy regularly either with the DCA strategy or with other strategies, use your time to invest in bitcoin for your future.

In terms of development, of course Bitcoin has controlled the world because we can transact anywhere without a third party. Many large companies also continue to buy Bitcoin and hold it.
Also, many of them, from young to old, have shown great interest in investing in bitcoin, every day new investors join bitcoin and of course you can understand that Bitcoin is the best for now or for the years to come.

We need to admit that the reason we choose bitcoin over gold is because bitcoin suits our economic conditions and circumstances better than gold. We all want to be rich, we all want to enjoy life in retirement.

If we invest in gold, an asset that can hedge against inflation but cannot give us 5 or 10 times returns, how can we make our dreams come true? Meanwhile, bitcoin is highly volatile and is a relatively new asset so the growth potential will be greater and that will help us realize our dream of getting rich.

I think that's the main reason why most of us choose bitcoin over gold, myself included.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
MarjorieZimmermanGinger

Activity: 1442
Merit: 771

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

The point is not there mate. It's not about a genuine or fake issue because gold is of course genuine and bitcoin is also genuine when talking about the standard of legitimacy in investment but the point I want to emphasise in this case is that when we make an investment then nothing is free from risk because even though gold is said to be a safer investment, in fact it still has a risk because it can be faked and that is in accordance with what happened in my country where there were 109 tonnes of fake gold traded and did not rule out the possibility of being used as an investment.

So in this case nothing is risk-free because everything has its own risks including when we are in gold or in bitcoin.
For other things I don't need to give any tips including comparing which one is the best because everyone has their own views on this but certainly for now for me personally bitcoin is bitcoin where they are there to make my finances change for the better (at least that is my belief for now).
Bitcoin does not have a form like gold so it is difficult for people to cheat while gold has a physical form and there is often fraud against the authenticity of gold purchased in unofficial places and I have seen people being cheated after buying not real gold. When it comes to any investment, there will always be a risk and I have never seen a form of investment that is completely risk-free when involved in it. Furthermore, when someone builds a business, for example, there is also a risk of failure because we are unable to accurately predict the future about success in that business.

To maintain a more successful form of investment, a person must understand the knowledge so that they can minimize the level of risk generated. If someone does not dare to take risks, then people will never know the level of success that will occur in the investment. Bitcoin can be minimized in risk if invested correctly and it depends on how someone understands the investment journey process that is being undertaken and the risk occurs because people do not understand the journey of bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mame89

Activity: 1680
Merit: 481

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:07:31 PM

Buy both because they are both different, this discussion is eternal mostly because the question is in error.   If you think we're near to solar flares peaking and wiping out most technology across the world, Yellowstone exploding and the return of dinosaurs then its clearly gold.   If the world is more complicated then absolute scenarios positive or negative then a combination of multiple asset types is going to be required, own both.

Agree with this. We should have both of these assets because both are good for the future, of course both have different characteristics. Bitcoin for growth and Gold for hedging. So indeed we should have both and stop complicating everything with the debates that often occur.

Gold and crypto are symmetrical. They are not competing, they complement each other in the fight against your savings to achieve financial freedom in the future. Having both is good because when one goes up, the other goes down or vice versa. I invest 50/50 between the two and I think this is a wise choice because both have their advantages and smart people definitely have both.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 649

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 08:43:21 PM

Meanwhile, gold has proven that it can last and perform well for thousands of years, even longer.
Bitcoin has a more limited supply than gold, but gold is not only used for investment and jewelry but is also used in almost every industry in the world.

We need to admit that the reason we choose bitcoin over gold is because bitcoin suits our economic conditions and circumstances better than gold. We all want to be rich, we all want to enjoy life in retirement.

If we invest in gold, an asset that can hedge against inflation but cannot give us 5 or 10 times returns, how can we make our dreams come true? Meanwhile, bitcoin is highly volatile and is a relatively new asset so the growth potential will be greater and that will help us realize our dream of getting rich.

I think that's the main reason why most of us choose bitcoin over gold, myself included.
Whatever considerations occur in these two assets, of course, both have their own advantages and for me personally, I still want to change my view and also my family's if for the time being investing in Bitcoin is better than gold. For approximately 8 years that I have known Bitcoin, of course Bitcoin has been able to change many things in my life, especially in the investments that I have made where Bitcoin brings benefits that I did not expect before.

I also agree with your opinion if we have been involved in Bitcoin, then our choice remains Bitcoin. In the investment journey, of course, many things need to be learned and indeed gold is not able to provide a multiple ROI, but Bitcoin has proven that Bitcoin has led many people to become billionaires because Bitcoin has provided an extraordinary ROI such as data on cmc where Bitcoin increased by a percentage of +122048056.62% from its lowest point.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
khiholangkang

Activity: 2142
Merit: 597

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 09:31:54 PM

It is very difficult to discuss with people who are fanatical about one of them, it will be useless, they always force themselves to have one of these two assets, even though they also realize that the middle way is to buy both, no matter which asset is more purchased, the important thing is to buy both, that's where a moderate person will take his steps in determining the middle way with wisely considered risks.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1139

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 10:47:04 PM

Bitcoin or Gold,

Both are commodities worth owning. They both have distinct qualities, exists in different spaces and are worked in our everyday society.
Gold is backed and have transcends several generations, have variations of uses and the value is determined greatly by scarcity and how rare it’s portrayed.

Bitcoin also have got its qualities, haven’t been around for a decade and overly 3years, it serves both currency and asset purposes whose use case transcends borders and time. It’s highly volatile and have been profitable to hodlers.

So, what’s really stopping you from owning both. Remember, you can diversify and it’s okay.

Jody.Drummer

Activity: 1652
Merit: 566

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 03:04:44 AM

Agree with this. We should have both of these assets because both are good for the future, of course both have different characteristics. Bitcoin for growth and Gold for hedging. So indeed we should have both and stop complicating everything with the debates that often occur.

Gold and crypto are symmetrical. They are not competing, they complement each other in the fight against your savings to achieve financial freedom in the future. Having both is good because when one goes up, the other goes down or vice versa. I invest 50/50 between the two and I think this is a wise choice because both have their advantages and smart people definitely have both.
Having both is indeed better, but we must also be able to see our own condition whether we are capable or not yet capable, having the desire for financial freedom is a dream for everyone, therefore we will do anything to achieve financial freedom whether following developments or not. and it is true what you said both have different characteristics, but what is clear is that both of these things are good for our future if we master them well.
if we do have enough money, it is not wrong to have both, but don't forget to consider it carefully so as not to take the wrong step. but besides that it really depends on ourselves by saying which is better depends on our own views and preferences, such as on the previous web I searched for and found a comparison that of course can be a consideration for ourselves.

source : https://www.investopedia.com/news/should-you-buy-gold-or-bitcoin/#:~:text=Regarding%20market%20price%2C%20Bitcoin%20has,gold%20is%20a%20subjective%20argument.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Iranus

Activity: 1932
Merit: 558

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 08:46:45 AM

~snip
Whatever considerations occur in these two assets, of course, both have their own advantages and for me personally, I still want to change my view and also my family's if for the time being investing in Bitcoin is better than gold. For approximately 8 years that I have known Bitcoin, of course Bitcoin has been able to change many things in my life, especially in the investments that I have made where Bitcoin brings benefits that I did not expect before.

I also agree with your opinion if we have been involved in Bitcoin, then our choice remains Bitcoin. In the investment journey, of course, many things need to be learned and indeed gold is not able to provide a multiple ROI, but Bitcoin has proven that Bitcoin has led many people to become billionaires because Bitcoin has provided an extraordinary ROI such as data on cmc where Bitcoin increased by a percentage of +122048056.62% from its lowest point.

Many of us come up with thousands of reasons to explain why they choose bitcoin over gold. But as I said above, the main reason we choose bitcoin is because we need an asset that can take us to wealth and only bitcoin can help us do that.

I also choose bitcoin but I don't think just because we choose bitcoin we can make a negative statement about gold. After all, this is an asset that has been around for thousands of years and is actually useful. Why is it still considered the safest asset in the world? Why do people still want to own it, especially countries that are still buying gold in large quantities?...Gold is not useless and investing in gold is not bad either. But as I said: it doesn't suit our conditions. Investing in gold can only help us avoid inflation, but it cannot make us rich. As middle or even low income earners like us, we need an asset, an investment that can bring high returns, not just price stability and safety. So bitcoin is the best choice for us.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
avp2306

Activity: 1120
Merit: 390

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 09:09:37 AM

~snip

Many of us come up with thousands of reasons to explain why they choose bitcoin over gold. But as I said above, the main reason we choose bitcoin is because we need an asset that can take us to wealth and only bitcoin can help us do that.

I also choose bitcoin but I don't think just because we choose bitcoin we can make a negative statement about gold. After all, this is an asset that has been around for thousands of years and is actually useful. Why is it still considered the safest asset in the world? Why do people still want to own it, especially countries that are still buying gold in large quantities?...Gold is not useless and investing in gold is not bad either. But as I said: it doesn't suit our conditions. Investing in gold can only help us avoid inflation, but it cannot make us rich. As middle or even low income earners like us, we need an asset, an investment that can bring high returns, not just price stability and safety. So bitcoin is the best choice for us.

We are into bitcoin and for sure majority of our funds is here. We are already familiar on how market moves that's why majority of our investment funds provably in this coin. But I can't say anything bad to gold to. Because this is also a good asset but its just I am more into bitcoin since this one open up good opportunity to us. Although I started to grab some gold together with bitcoin since what I think if we maximize our investment provably we can earn more bigger profit in future.

I think no it depends on how gold market moves since if the price would continuously goes up just like what we are see from gold nowadays. I think the same with bitcoin we can also became rich from gold if we accumulated lots of grams from it or even kilos in future.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
BitGoba

Activity: 231
Merit: 164

⚡bitgoba@getalby.com

View Profile WWW
Today at 08:23:28 AM

Both gold and Bitcoin are forms of money. It would be useful here to explain what money is, as most people do not understand it. Money is a social system and a consensus we use to facilitate the exchange of goods and services. It's also important to explain the functions of money to make this clearer. Throughout history, money has taken many forms, from glass beads, shells, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, and cattle, to gold, but money consistently serves only three functions: a store of value (SOV), a unit of account (UOA), and a medium of exchange (MOE). Gold was money for 5,000 years. However, gold did not fulfill all the characteristics that good money should have, which is why it lost the MOE and UOA functions. Gold was difficult to transport, and it wasn't divisible, which is why other metals like silver were used for smaller payments. Easy verification was not possible, as counterfeit gold coins began to appear in large numbers, leading to the emergence of banks and paper money and the current fiat system of central banks. Gold was deposited in bank vaults, and banks issued paper certificates to depositors indicating that they owned gold in the vaults. These paper certificates, known as banknotes or bank records, became a medium of exchange and currency. Later, bankers began printing many more paper certificates than there was gold in the vaults, which led to today's fiat system.

In contrast to gold, Bitcoin has all the characteristics that good money should have: divisibility, portability, durability, scarcity, and easy verification. Bitcoin, like the internet, is neutral. Another misconception that arises is around altcoins. Other cryptocurrencies are a scam and are highly centralized. Altcoins bear superficial similarities to Bitcoin, but they are more like fiat currencies, centralized, where a small group of people determines monetary policy.
Ricardo11

Activity: 504
Merit: 193

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:53:48 AM
Last edit: Today at 10:44:00 AM by Ricardo11

GOLD: Gold has always been known as a fixed asset, gold has been around for thousands of years. The value of gold rises slowly, and gold is also known as a safe investment during financial crises in various countries. Gold can maintain its value well. Gold prices went from below $1,300 in early 2019 to around $2,100 in mid-2020. That means it was much safer during the pandemic of the The COVID-19 pandemic, that time some investors moved away from cryptos and invested in gold as well. and currently Gold Price per Ounce: $2,506.72

BITCOIN: Bitcoin was launched in 2009. That is, it has been launched for almost 15 years from today. Bitcoin's popularity is increasing greatly. Bitcoin is more volatile than gold, it is not always stable like gold. It's value goes up at any time and falls sharply at any time, but it is very well known from the history of Bitcoin that no matter how much the price of Bitcoin goes down, it will definitely go up after some time. This is why Bitcoin is currently the safest and most popular currency as a long-term investment. and currently bitcoin price $57,148.37.

overview:
photo and news link: https://www.investopedia.com/news/should-you-buy-gold-or-bitcoin/

SECURITY GOLD: Gold is a touching substance, when you invest in gold you need to physically provide security for the gold, maybe in a box with you, in one of your lockers, or in your closet or the safest is to keep the gold in a bank locker. Basically you have to physically ensure the safety of your gold.

SECURITY BITCOIN: Bitcoin is the most secure between gold and bitcoin, Bitcoin is untouchable, when you invest bitcoin, it will be in a wallet on any of your devices (software wallet or hardware wallet), and no one in the world will know until you say it yourself.And no hacker can hack your bitcoin, its full control will be in your hand. (But you must choose a secure wallet)

In short, Bitcoin is far ahead of gold in terms of both long-term holding and security.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: