Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CONTEST] [WIN A VIDEO CARD] | 5 video cards to be given away !  (Read 8649 times)
magalhanze

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:59:20 PM

Quoting the news here aswell:

Hi everyone,

I'm here to say i just received a radeon r9 270 that i won in the last contest, on march 31. With all those bad news, i wasn't expecting to receive it.

Took awhile because im in brazil, also i had to pay around 200us$ in taxes, but i'm glad he sent my prize.

good look for everyone that are still waiting shipments

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

whatever man I posted way more than 3 times in the gpu thread. whatever keep the junk card...
Land Marks

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:18:37 AM

Umm..  I don't think you can be the contestant of a contest you are moderating...
pastet89 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:30:27 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:57:49 AM by pastet89

Umm..  I don't think you can be the contestant of a contest you are moderating...
You can think anything you want, but it is not stated in the rules as a forbidden.

Furthermore as per OP rules there are only 4 people qualifying for prizes and me being one of them. If they were 5 I might would consider giving my card to the 5th guy. But in this situation there is just a single solution.

Cryptostats.es
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:35:28 AM

whatever man I posted way more than 3 times in the gpu thread. whatever keep the junk card...
I am sorry, I fixed that! But you do not have posts in at least 5 sections. So you still do not qualify.

Cryptostats.es
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:54:31 AM

Umm..  I don't think you can be the contestant of a contest you are moderating...
It is not stated in the rules as a forbidden. Furthermore my prize is not due to a raffle which you can blame as fixed, etc.. but to most posts, e.g. clear effort which anyone can do.
Also I feel a bit stupid about it and honestly didn't expect to win. If there were more winners I would hapily give my card to them, however, there are exactly 4 qualifying guys including me as the number of prizes. In this situation I see nothing else as an option instead of spreading the prizes between us.

It is generally implied that the person running a contest cannot be eligible.

You should know better.

I would have been eligible but the owner abandoned us so I changed my sig.  This whole contest is bunk.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:12:28 AM

It is not stated in the rules as a forbidden. Furthermore my prize is not due to a raffle which you can blame as fixed, etc.. but to most posts, e.g. clear effort which anyone can do.
Also I feel a bit stupid about it and honestly didn't expect to win. If there were more winners I would hapily give my card to them, however, there are exactly 4 qualifying guys including me as the number of prizes. In this situation I see nothing else as an option instead of spreading the prizes between us.

It is generally implied that the person running a contest cannot be eligible.

You should know better.

I would have been eligible but the owner abandoned us so I changed my sig.  This whole contest is bunk.
"Generaly implied" means nothing.
If it is not written clearly in the rules (as it was in the emunie lottery, or Coca-Cola lotteries for example), it should not, however this is not the case here.

Furthermore why didn't you say that in the begining of the contest, when you saw that I am participating by using my signature for the whole month, which I must admit was not a pleasure to me, but you are saying it now, when you see that I am winning and you are not?

But during all this month you did nothing but wining for your 0.15 BTC in the GPUC thread and seems that now you are sorry you didn't kept your siganture till the end as Jaymes did appear and said he will ship the prizes.  So you are calling the contest "bunk" only beacuse you are angry for the consequences of your own actions.

Stop behaving like a woman who is constantly complaining when she is unhappy and try ti blame others for that. If you or anyone have solid reasons and can point me to a link which clearly states that OP of this contest states that team members can not participate, or article in the forum rules, stating that contest moderators can not participate in it, link to it.

Otherwise go and learn to bahave much more like a man and learn from your own errors, instead of trying to blame others for your own mistakes.

I have been thinking few times to put down my siganture during that month but I did not and now I am happy for this. Yes, I am happy, because I will get at least one card for my efforts during this month doing at least some job for the GPUC whih will get paid now due to the coin being that. And I will be able to recover at least some of the 3 BTC I lost in the whole deal. Yes, 3 BTC. But I am not wining trough the whole forum for them just like you.

Cryptostats.es
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:18:11 PM

I am sorry, I fixed that! But you do not have posts in at least 5 sections. So you still do not qualify.

again i did post in several sections, it doesn't matter this contest like the coin is complete bullshit.
BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:38:27 PM

I think pastet89 is right as it is was never stated in OP that he can not take part of the contest and he honoured the rules from the begining, keeping the signature till the end. Obviously he would have not edited his signature if he has was not planning to participate.
Furhtermore, usually contests which clearly states organisators can not participate include element of a raflle as people can say at the end that the raffle was fixed. In this case there was even not a raffle so no one can rise this question. Pastet89 has followed all the rules in the OP, has not broke any rule (only one rule for not participating was being a Newbie, nothing else), and has made most posts during the contest period which anyone can check by reviweing the users profile in Bitcointalk. Therefore IMO here everything is more than clear.

Just my 2 cents...
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

again i did post in several sections, it doesn't matter this contest like the coin is complete bullshit.

You have posted in 2 sections.
Maybe you think about "threads", not sections.
But anyway, as you are not interested in the card anyway... Smiley

Cryptostats.es
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

I think pastet89 is right as it is was never stated in OP that he can not take part of the contest and he honoured the rules from the begining, keeping the signature till the end. Obviously he would have not edited his signature if he has was not planning to participate.
Furhtermore, usually contests which clearly states organisators can not participate include element of a raflle as people can say at the end that the raffle was fixed. In this case there was even not a raffle so no one can rise this question. Pastet89 has followed all the rules in the OP, has not broke any rule (only one rule for not participating was being a Newbie, nothing else), and has made most posts during the contest period which anyone can check by reviweing the users profile in Bitcointalk. Therefore IMO here everything is more than clear.

Just my 2 cents...

Thank you for your vouch, mate!

P.S. I consider this contest cleared and ended.
Thanks again to everyone about participating!

Cryptostats.es
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:37:46 PM

Just my 2 cents...
+1, well said

Ties are a prison for the soul...
dumbdragon

Activity: 588
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:40:50 PM

I wouldnt of qualified, but thats cool to see people actually got the gpu cards.

And contest is already over.

Now I wish there something with a asic mining gear lol.

MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:04:15 PM

Oh darn I forgot the thread post Smiley Oh well! It is nice that they followed through and good on you guys

Hello
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 12:47:22 PM

I wouldnt of qualified, but thats cool to see people actually got the gpu cards.

They didn't. The CEO has not sent anything else yet and is refusing to answer any of my emails. Also I have not gotten any payment for my services from him yet.

I am appologizing to all contestents about this as I have organized the contest despite the fact he was the one supposed to provide the prizes for it.

I still hope he will send them.
Furthermore, I have decided if I receive my card to give it to someone else.

Cryptostats.es
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:04:39 PM

They didn't. The CEO has not sent anything else yet and is refusing to answer any of my emails. Also I have not gotten any payment for my services from him yet.

I am appologizing to all contestents about this as I have organized the contest despite the fact he was the one supposed to provide the prizes for it.

I still hope he will send them.
Furthermore, I have decided if I receive my card to give it to someone else.

No need to apologize, happens every week in crypo.  You put in good work that I'm sure could be put to good use on another coin with a solid team.

Hello
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: