Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 12:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Algorithm for guessing Bitcoin wallet password  (Read 358 times)
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7819

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 24, 2024, 09:07:51 AM

And at the same time i had my other 1/3 of coins at  btc-e which all got seized.. (Did anyone get anything back from the feds? How can they take my money because the owner of the exchange was laundering money?)

Short answer:

No.

Long answer:

They attempt to partially return customer money through WEX exchange, which also seized later. But few months ago, BTC-e operator pleads guilty[1], which means theoretically BTC-e customer able to claim their asset[2]. But from quick google search, it seems nobody attempt doing that. Although i'm not expert on his matter, so i may be wrong.

Iam hoping AI will become smart enough to help me one day

Unless AI magically can guess your password pattern, you better hope for far faster hardware instead and suddenly remember some part of password you used for your wallet.

[1] https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2024/05/03/btc-e-operator-alexander-vinnik-pleads-guilty-to-money-laundering-conspiracy-charge/
[2] https://criminaldefenseattorneytampa.com/asset-seizure-asset-forfeiture/ancillary-proceedings/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████