Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 07:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did your portfolio do in the first part of the year?  (Read 159 times)
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 18, 2024, 06:05:22 PM

Hey mates, good day. We've reached the second half of the year—how are your portfolios doing? Are they underperforming or overperforming?

Here's an analysis from Forbes on how some memes/altcoins performed. https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2024/07/04/these-meme-coins-outperformed-bitcoin-in-2024-first-halfs-600-billion-crypto-rally/. What's your take on this?
Since this movement began bitcoin has grown 200%, and I suppose there are many altcoins that did the same or grew even more than that, so if anyone that has been around at least since that time is presenting losses then they need to reconsider whether they have any skill as traders.

I say this because it cannot really get any easier than this, and if even under this environment a person is failing to make any money, this just shows they do not really have any skill as traders or investors.
200 percent growth really? Deym that was a lot and if it's really true then they should not say that meme coins outperformed Bitcoin and if there is something that has been outperformed that would only be the meme coins. Anyway, with or without an increase like that BTC will always be the leading crypto and I'm confident that it won't be changed anymore.

People think that BTC was outperformed because other coins are on hype but that is only an illusion. We should only based on the numbers when checking stats and not on that. Aside from BTC, there's also alts that can outperform the meme coins easily. A skilled trader can still experience a loss, so losing during those times were not a good indication to question someone's ability.

justdimin

Activity: 3094
Merit: 671

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 18, 2024, 06:24:44 PM

I don't really care about what outperformed bitcoin because many on the list are coins or tokens that I have never even heard about. They might have outperformed bitcoin but I am sure that in the long run the half of what is on the list wouldn't even be remembered or valued highly by many people. I don't think bitcoin is a reasonable comparison because it is best to look at the larger picture when it comes to bitcoin.
I'm not talking about big investors, I'm talking about small investors because I'm not a big investor myself. People who invest in altcoins have more profit than Bitcoin because the price of altcoins is lower than Bitcoin. So when you have less of an investment and you can buy the whole of the smaller item instead of buying part of the larger item, you obviously have more leverage in that, but you're talking about a longer period. For investment, there is no doubt that if you can wait for a long time, there is no better choice for you than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is more trusted, it's a long-term coin, and Bitcoin has always benefited its users. In the years to come, people who don't have a lot of capital and can't hold Bitcoin for a long period can get faster and more profitable if they trade on altcoins than on Bitcoin. So the moral is, if you have a small capital, and want quick profits, trade altcoins but make sure you trade good ones after doing enough research, but if you have good capital, and you can hold for a long term, you should go for Bitcoin without a second thought.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 08:39:03 AM

My portfolio consists of ETH and some altcoins, mostly, so it didn't overperform at all. My expectations are the rise of ETH in price after some moves and SEC doing it's stuff, allowing spot for $ETH ETF.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: