Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 05:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin be affected if the internet gets disrupted?  (Read 461 times)
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1157

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 05:10:21 PM

Bitcoin is useless without the internet, that's the impression we generally get. However, various developments and discoveries have been made and basically bitcoin can still be transacted without the internet so bitcoin will not be that easily abandoned without the internet. Of course you need some effort and some additional methods if you want to transact bitcoin without the internet, it's not as easy as you imagine but it's certainly possible.

When most countries in the world have adopted bitcoin in real use cases, believe me, bitcoin will continue to develop. Bitcoin was born because of an idea and this is for all groups so its development will be pursued as much as they can. Developers will come along and try to do something to make bitcoins still useful without the internet, so don't worried.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2635

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 05:15:36 PM

With thinks like cash in banks, you can go to bank office and withdraw your cash. Banks can not refuse your withdrawals because they don't have Internet connection at the moment.
No you can't. Banks do not have local copies of your account records and without said records they cannot access your accounts so - no withdrawals are possible.

As others have already said, if the entire internet goes down the immediate effects on Bitcoin will be nothing in comparison to what happens to a myriad of essential services.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Richbased

Activity: 378
Merit: 201

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2024, 06:13:14 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2024, 06:37:04 PM by Richbased

I recently made comment on a Thread by @NotATether and it actually made me had a deep thought on what really the fate of bitcoin would be without the internet because we are know that we’re in a world of possibilities and anything(absolutely) can be possible and what if maybe there was a global shutdown on the internet m, what will happen to bitcoin ?

My question was born out of curiosity and I’m not actually inclined on the technicalities of bitcoin and I just want to know the fate of bitcoin if there was no internet for maybe 24 hours

The Internet can never go down for 24 hours, like nothing can make the Internet go down because it's just like walking in a dark place and nothing will happen to Bitcoin because the Internet can never shut down unless humans stop existing. But let's just answer based on imagination, if the Internet goes down for 24 hours, all digital assets including Bitcoin will go down and other physical financial institutions both online and offline will be halted. Then there will be a decline in transactions for that 24 hours because people can only make use of physical notes which will become scarce within that 24 hours however, let this just be an imagination just like I said but there should be no occurrence that will lead to shutting down the Internet even for an hour because almost every technology now depends on the Internet to function so if it goes down we should be expecting disaster.

@Obari try and edit the link you provided in the OP so that it can be clickable just like I have edited mine. The area you wrote Thread

Moreno233

Activity: 406
Merit: 200

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 07:18:46 PM

It will cause short term dump.
I think he is referring to Bitcoin itself and not the price. From what many people already answered, nothing will happen to Bitcoin because there will be no transaction as transaction require internet connection. So everything will be on standby until internet is restored. The idea of dumping does not even make sense because internet disruption will hinder everything including banking, electricity, telecommunications and others. Since it is peculiar to Bitcoin, it will not lead to a dump if everything is restored.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1354

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 08:03:26 PM

With thinks like cash in banks, you can go to bank office and withdraw your cash. Banks can not refuse your withdrawals because they don't have Internet connection at the moment.
No you can't. Banks do not have local copies of your account records and without said records they cannot access your accounts so - no withdrawals are possible.

As others have already said, if the entire internet goes down the immediate effects on Bitcoin will be nothing in comparison to what happens to a myriad of essential services.

Exactly! Without the Internet, everything would go down.
Medical records are kept online. Nowadays when you get admitted to a hospital they have everything like your blood type, disease history, recent body mass, height, last prescriptions... Without the network they have nothing. They have to do all the tests and don't even know if you're insured.
Banks have no information about your accounts.
The police won't know if the car you have is yours, if you have driving license... You can carry everything in your pocket but people usually don't. In the EU we don't need any documents because everything is in your personal ID number. You just give that to the police, or your doctor and they can access all your personal files.

Yes, the Internet can temporarily go down due to a virus or a strong EMP, but most people would not care about bitcoin at that point.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eightdots

Activity: 854
Merit: 720

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 08:10:54 PM

Bitcoin is useless without the internet, that's the impression we generally get. However, various developments and discoveries have been made and basically bitcoin can still be transacted without the internet so bitcoin will not be that easily abandoned without the internet. Of course you need some effort and some additional methods if you want to transact bitcoin without the internet, it's not as easy as you imagine but it's certainly possible.

When most countries in the world have adopted bitcoin in real use cases, believe me, bitcoin will continue to develop. Bitcoin was born because of an idea and this is for all groups so its development will be pursued as much as they can. Developers will come along and try to do something to make bitcoins still useful without the internet, so don't worried.

When it comes to life on Earth, we may have difficulty accessing many things without electricity. If we assume that all these situations will be resolved, we will probably only lose time. Since everyone will experience this situation, an acceptable situation will emerge.

Bitcoin was born from an idea and is always evolving. By reaching more people every day, more people are becoming aware of Bitcoin. There will always be improvements and there will always be a plan for adverse situations.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Z-tight

Activity: 938
Merit: 1073

Only BTC

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 08:37:58 PM

I have seen this question come up before, and i keep wondering why you think it is BTC you should be worried about if something like that happens, everything that uses the internet will be affected, and we use the internet for nearly everything these days; you would not be able to spend your fiat currency as well, except the one you have at hand before the 'apocalypse'.

Yes i call it an apocalypse, because anything that would make the world lose the internet would be something that causes utter destruction and ruin.

████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
Finestream

Activity: 3108
Merit: 610

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 08:38:29 PM

If there is global internet shutdown, of course the very first to be affected is bitcoin, and all jobs that are operated through internet. Bitcoin won’t function as a currency nor an investment for 24 hours, simply because it will remained inaccessible. Bitcoin transactions will be put at stake, and unless internet connection won’t be back, the function of bitcoin will remain abnormal. So definitely, if internet will shut down, bitcoin and everything that is operated through internet will be put at its worst situation, the reason why having internet shutdown should always be prevented and should never ever happen as much as possible.

Queentoshi

Activity: 826
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 08:44:04 PM

My question was born out of curiosity and I’m not actually inclined on the technicalities of bitcoin and I just want to know the fate of bitcoin if there was no internet for maybe 24 hours
It is scary to think, and I hope it never happens because since COVID made us believe in the thinking that we can be kept indoors, anything is considered possible.

Bitcoin heavily relies on the internet and will be affected just as every other thing that depends on the internet to function fully.
Jegileman

Activity: 420
Merit: 193

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 09:43:29 PM

I recently made comment on a Thread by @NotATether and it actually made me had a deep thought on what really the fate of bitcoin would be without the internet because we are know that we’re in a world of possibilities and anything(absolutely) can be possible and what if maybe there was a global shutdown on the internet m, what will happen to bitcoin ?

If there will come a time that there will be no internet for some hours, no matter how little the timeframe might be, it’ll affect the whole world and not only bitcoin. It means the fate of bitcoin will be shaking just like every other thing that requires internet to function. There are many reasons why the internet cannot stop functioning for that long before of the global effect it’ll have, so bitcoin is safe because internet cannot just go off and not come back again. The fate of bitcoin is still valid as long as the fate of other things that depends on internet is also valid.

Cryptohygenic

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 10:42:20 PM

Well since you do not want to involve the technicalities of a scenario like that, bitcoin will absolutely be access denied by holders because the internet is the powerhouse to navigate through your wallets where your bitcoins are stored as digital currency it is which is transmitted through the blockchain on  wireless interface for accessibility and execution of transactions.
So without the internet bitcoin is totally shutdown.
Fiatless

Activity: 630
Merit: 574

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 11:37:15 PM

When it comes to life on Earth, we may have difficulty accessing many things without electricity. If we assume that all these situations will be resolved, we will probably only lose time. Since everyone will experience this situation, an acceptable situation will emerge.
You are correct that electricity is an essential need. Thus many things cannot work without it. However, having a global power outage might be difficult. This is because countries have different sources of power generation. Solar, wind, dams, and gas, are different means of generating power. Anyway, the focus of this thread is not power outages but internet connection failures.

The Internet can never go down for 24 hours, like nothing can make the Internet go down because it's just like walking in a dark place and nothing will happen to Bitcoin because the Internet can never shut down unless humans stop existing.
Nothing is impossible. The internet can go out for more than twenty-four hours. The recent global cyber outage which was caused by CrowdStrike issues that affected banks, airports, schools, health services, etc is a clear example that anything can happen. This biggest IT outage in world history was caused by a simple faulty software update. We live in an uncertain world where nothing is guaranteed.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
reagansimms

Activity: 1050
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 03:44:14 AM

Bitcoin fate will not shift one iota from its place if there is no internet for 24 hours, but if the internet goes down completely for a long time or worst case scenario disappears from the face of the earth, then we will say goodbye to Bitcoin. You can no longer buy, sell, or carry out any transactions related to Bitcoin without the internet because when Bitcoin transaction data is sent to miners it requires an internet-supported device.

Bitcoin transactions rely heavily on the internet as the main stream to send data to miners, so the role of the internet in Bitcoin cannot be separated. The internet is the mainstream that allows the exchange of bitcoins across international borders and the internet is also what facilitates the flow of transaction data and interactions between users. As a digital currency, Bitcoin really needs the internet to make it easier for users to use it for trading and also as a means of exchange for purchasing goods and services.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
retreat

Activity: 1092
Merit: 390

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2024, 03:59:52 AM

Not only Bitcoin, but many industries globally are affected by it and you can imagine how chaotic it is. For Bitcoin, maybe we will see a fairly deep dump, because the Bitcoin network will definitely be affected by this and that will make many investors panic and we can see that there will be a lot of speculation circulating. But I feel that Bitcoin will survive even if many people try to leave the network and then it will recover once everything goes back to normal. However, in more severe cases, for example the internet really doesn't exist, we might not be able to use Bitcoin anymore, but that is quite impossible, so no need to imagine that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 4257

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 06:24:39 AM

It would be difficult for Bitcoin to maintain the consensus for the blockchain's state. If there are no communication allowed whatsoever, then there wouldn't be any interconnectivity for transactions. People may mine on the blockchain but because they cannot maintain the same state across different people, then Bitcoin wouldn't be synchronized.

I believe that there were initiatives to maintain it on a radio network. In terms of bandwidth, I think it'll be sufficient but the worldwide connectivity would be quite an issue.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Solokan

Activity: 532
Merit: 276

Rollbit.com

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 07:06:20 AM

what I feel is that all this time we buy bitcoin and sell bitcoin of course using the internet network and of course without the internet or the internet being disrupted then there will be some people who will panic and as long as they can sell bitcoin they will definitely sell it because of course the internet is disrupted or the internet is dead in the world will definitely make some people panic to sell bitcoin and ultimately the price of bitcoin will potentially fall.

but if, for example, before the internet goes down, the world community is told that the internet will only go down for 24 hours, of course it won't have much of an impact on bitcoin because what some people will definitely do is hold on to their bitcoin tightly, but of course if that happens, there will definitely be people who will panic and sell. However, it is possible that there will be those who take advantage of the situation when BTC drops in price and will buy it at a cheap price if the internet, for example, is only down for 24 hours.

However, if for example there is news but they are not informed about how long the internet will be down, then the price of BTC will definitely fall a lot, but it seems unimaginable if that happens, but what is certain is that it is not only BTC investors who will be confused, but all businesses that need the internet will also be confused.

but if there is no announcement first and the internet immediately shuts down, I think there will definitely be a lot of people who will be sad and panic.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
shield132

Activity: 2296
Merit: 883

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 10:16:19 AM

You had to put [/url] between Thread and [/b], like this - Thread[/url][/b]. I edited your quote and you can edit your first post according to it.

If the internet gets disrupted, Bitcoin will be affected because Bitcoin is a virtual currency and the internet for it is like oxygen for us, humans. If the internet gets disrupted, we won't be able to use Bitcoin until it gets back normally. It's possible to make offline transactions but we need on-chain confirmations that require internet. Not only Bitcoin but if the internet gets disrupted, the only thing that won't be affected will be cash. Everything else will become completely useless until the internet comes back. That's why I am against CBDCs and internet money, it will be enslavement, we need cash.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 602
Merit: 197

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 10:35:23 AM

I don't think any major significant thing will happen to Bitcoin if the internet is shutdown for 24 hours. It will just be that transactions on Blockchain and other internet services will be put on hold for that period in time, which will lead to disruption of most bitcoin activities but i don't think any destruction will be made.

We are not praying for that kind of situation to occur in recent times because a lot of businesses that depend solely on internet services will be affected globally because it will be like putting the entire universe on a pause, for me it better imagined than for the reality to occur.

SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1400
Merit: 762

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 10:44:12 AM

I don't know details but I thought that at each bank office, they must to have their local database center and if Internet connection is lost, they can retrieve customer data information from their local data base. It is so inconvenient but I thought it can be used because banks can not close their bank offices and say sorry, we will open it tomorrow or next days when Internet is back.

Exactly! Without the Internet, everything would go down.
It will create big problems not only Bitcoin but like Covid-19, the whole world would not go down and can not operate without Internet. There will be solutions, temporarily even it is very inconvenient.

If Internet shortage is resumed shortly after few hours, they can temporarily close bank services for a while but things last like some days, banks have to figure out other solutions for customers.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Reatim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 364

⭕ BitList.co

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 10:51:27 AM

Simply no one would be able to do any kind of transactions in or out of bitcoin. In the 24 hours of no internet, I can imagine that the value of bitcoin will remain the same as I have said no one can buy or sell bitcoin. However it is possible that as soon as the internet is back, people take out their bitcoins in fear and anxiety of losing their money. The market may experience a huge crash after the internet is back but most likely the world will be suffering from all kinds of consequences not just bitcoin.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄████▄▄░
████▄████▀▀▀▀█░███▄
██▄███▀████████▀████▄
█░▄███████████████████▄
█░█████████████████████
█░█████████████████████
█░█████████████████████
█░▀███████████████▄▄▀▀
██▀███▄████████▄███▀
████▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
███████▀▀████▀▀
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitList
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
List #kycfree Websites
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: