Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 10:19:34 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Exchange-Listed Memecoins Worth Considering?  (Read 11 times)
aima55 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
Today at 03:09:20 PM

Hey folks, I've been thinking about this question lately and wanted to get your take on something.

So here's my issue with memecoins, aren't we just buying and selling hype to each other? The creators rake in the cash while everyone else is hoping to make a quick buck off the next sucker FOMOing in. Let's face it, most people don't make money, but a lucky few hit it big. It's basically gambling, but you know most of the $$$ is going to some devs trying to make bank off a useless token.

Now, I'm not saying I'm above it all, I'm hodling 3 memecoins myself 500M mcap - 1bn Mcap and eyeing another one (Mongy) today. But I'm curious what y'all think about those mid-cap memecoins in the 25M-100M mcap range. And what about the ones that manage to get listed on an exchange, even if it's just one? Are they still a total gamble? Any chance they could pull the rug?

TBH, I'm on the fence. Part of me thinks it's all a bit dodgy, but another part can't resist the potential gains. What's your take on these mid-tier memecoins? Are they worth a punt or should we steer clear?

Lemme know what you think!
Orpichukwu

Activity: 560
Merit: 357

View Profile
Today at 07:54:20 PM

Now, I'm not saying I'm above it all, I'm hodling 3 memecoins myself 500M mcap - 1bn Mcap and eyeing another one (Mongy) today. But I'm curious what y'all think about those mid-cap memecoins in the 25M-100M mcap range. And what about the ones that manage to get listed on an exchange, even if it's just one? Are they still a total gamble? Any chance they could pull the rug?
Getting listed in an exchange does not guarantee that the team won't have access to rug-pulling. Sometimes that's even the best time they can manipulate the price to make investors want to buy more and give them the time to take advantage of the best price, dumping all their holdings with the highest price, leaving the token to dump, and also pulling off their own provided liquidity.

There is always a risk involved, irrespective of where the token is listed; you just have to run your research properly before taking any steps to invest in any of the new tokens.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄