Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 12:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mnemonic phrases are too sucks. I developed an iris hardware wallet!  (Read 374 times)
msxy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 02:45:20 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2024, 05:32:59 PM by achow101

Files stored in cloud, it is closed source, coming from China, and it scans your eyes... what could go wrong?  Tongue
This sounds like conceptual device from horror movie and I would never use something like this as bitcoin wallet.
There is no way to import keys in other wallets, and if any injury happens to user eyes he probably can't access file anymore.

The device itself is air-gapped, and users can decide whether to store backup files locally or in the cloud. This backup is irreversible, just like you can't derive a public key from an address, nor can you obtain the user's private key from it. The code will definitely be open-sourced at an appropriate time. In fact, except for the biometric features, the rest of the source code already uses open-source projects from wallets like Trezor, which is why it can connect with third-party apps like Trezor and MetaMask.

Also, buddy, let's set aside any preconceived notions. Chinese people have no interest in collecting your eye data or leaving backdoors in your wallet. If you have even a basic understanding of biometrics and cryptography, you'll probably understand what I'm saying.

Some wallets that have pass key (for biometric) also have seed phrase phrase as alternative. Let me ask this question. What if someone prefer to go for seed phrase instead of the biometric means. Is it possible to get the seed phrase and backup the seed phrase instead?

EyeWallet also offers the functionality to extract mnemonic phrases, just like extracting the seed and private key from a backup. For users who are concerned about eye injuries or other unforeseen events, they can use this feature to extract the mnemonic phrase and store it securely.

Mod note: Consecutive posts merged
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: