Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 02:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary Member defaulted 130$ Loan [vennali]  (Read 268 times)
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 6005

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2024, 08:54:09 AM

This means that today the Legendary account is worth about $100, and people obviously have no problem "selling" it in this way. If I was in the business of lending, I would be much more careful to whom I would give a loan, because from the feedback that existed before, it can be concluded that it is not a completely honest person. Regardless of whether someone is in a sig campaign or not, there is no justification for such actions, a thief is a thief regardless of how he stole.

@shasan, if it can be any consolation, each of those scammers who hurt you personally is one less scammer for the forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
uchegod-21

Activity: 1064
Merit: 625

BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 05:02:34 PM

I understand your point of view but when I put forward the opinion it was based on less chances of loan defaults. Rather than close down his lending business altogether it might be better for him to raise the criteria bar in order to minimise the chances of him completely losing out as a result of loan defaults. That way the business he operates will not be lucrative as he would want it to be as loan requests would be small in number but at least more of those loans would probably be paid back.

There are only a certain number of defaults that any lender can absorb before eventually ending the loan business or being selective enough to offer occasional loans only to older respected Legendary members that have far less chances of defaulting.
Most of the respected legendary members don't borrow often, so if OP offers his services only to them, it will not be lucrative.
I quite understood your concern. We are just trying to balance between profitability and longevity of the business. Maybe I'll give him some heads-up;
  • Only lend to accounts which have been in campaign for the past 120 days
  • Lend to the accounts which have earned reasonable amount of merits (like 500 and above), excluding airdropped merits
  • If you are not sure of a particular user, make a rule that they must belong to a particular local board and have a reputable person from that local be their guarantor
  • If the person can provide evidence that they own a business or have a job outside the forum

OR use the rule;
If you are in doubt, don't approve the loan, they'll not pay.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Marykeller

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2024, 06:03:06 PM

I don't know where some people take their conscience to, to take someone's kindness for bad, by making away with their hard-earned money, thinking that they are smart(foolish anyway) to go scot-free from the forum without anyone getting to them to ask them about the loan money given to them which has exceeded the payment date.

However, I don't have much to say to this other than what the loan defaulter does to his fellow being comes to him as karma. Someone can take someone's kind gesture for a loan to repay him with the wicked act of not choosing to pay back as anticipated.

I don't support this act of stupidity when someone knows he or she can't pay back the loan given to them or has other means of paying back in case the campaign they joined stopped unexpectedly.

Flag supported

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES