Bitcoin Forum
September 11, 2024, 04:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing RBF service. How to find users/beta testers?  (Read 98 times)
freak13d (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2024, 11:28:49 PM

I am developing a service/software for mempool monitoring and RBF transactions for buying runes or ordinals. Additionally, I have implemented UTXO management, as standard wallets do not offer such solutions, often leading to overpayment for transactions (e.g., when transferring funds from one wallet to several others). I decided to make the service as a website, believing it would be much more convenient for users. Moreover, with this approach, users do not have to provide their WIF/private key to use the software, minimizing the fear new users may have since they sign the transaction themselves and can see what they are signing.

At this stage, the core part of the project is almost ready, and I have decided to promote the software among potential users in parallel with its development. I would like to find at least some users (beta testers) who can help me find and fix various bugs. However, I am facing a problem—I am not quite sure how, where, or through whom I can promote my service. Over the past month, I have managed to start collaborating with only two closed groups on Discord, but unfortunately, the number of users who actually use the software is minimal (up to 10 people).

How can I find interested people and communities? How are crypto projects generally promoted?

For those interested, here is the usage guide: https://docs.bitioll.xyz

And the website itself: https://bitioll.xyz (Currently, I am manually granting access to all interested users, so if anyone is interested, please reach out, and I will provide an access key Smiley )
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 3094

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2024, 12:02:43 AM

Are you sure standard wallets like Electrum do not offer such a solution?
Or you might be talking about an online wallet that does not have coin control?

The things that you like to develop are all available on the Electrum wallet.

About looking for beta tester if you can provide a budget for users why not try to find a beta tester in services section? You just need to find someone to escrow your budget because no one will trust you with a newbie account.

ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 7857

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 09:07:46 AM

Reading this thread and https://docs.bitioll.xyz/bitioll/what-is-bitioll, it seems you put heavy emphasize to Rune and Ordinal. You probably want to share your service on those community instead, since people in this forum generally don't like both. As for "SpeedUp TX" feature, you'll have to compete with other service such as ViaBTC[1] or Mempool Accelerator[2].

[1] https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator
[2] https://x.com/mempool/status/1817228273656500230

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
freak13d (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2024, 12:26:43 PM

Yes, I meant wallets like Unisat, Xverse, etc.
As far as I know, with Electrum Wallet, you cannot monitor the mempool for new transactions with SIGHASH_SINGLE | ANYONECANPAY.
Electrum does have transaction management capabilities, but it has to be done manually. This means that to use RBF on someone elses purchase, you will have to create the replacement transaction manually.
I am developing a service that simplifies these processes for the user as much as possible: user selecting runes/ordinals available in the mempool and pressing two buttons to purchase.

Regarding the "SpeedUp TX" feature, I propose a different solution than ViaBTC or Mempool Accelerator:
- (RBF) The ability to create a transaction that replaces the original one and you can manage your UTXOs: you can add funds if there are not enough for increasing the transaction fee, or replace existing ones if necessary.
- (CPFP) The ability to select an unconfirmed UTXO created by the original transaction and use it to accelerate the parent transaction's confirmation.
And most importantly, no service fees for acceleration, making it significantly cheaper than using accelerators like Mempool Accelerator.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to attract third-party services or testers. Therefore, I try to find collaborations where I provide access to my service (which is still in development). They use it and report any issues or bugs they find, which helps fix errors and improve the service.
steve5946
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

Professional virtual assistant and writer

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 06:11:24 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2024, 03:06:24 PM by steve5946

Yes, I meant wallets like Unisat, Xverse, etc.

So, I visited your site on mobile, preferably Ipad. I was shown a page to install the Unisat wallet. Upon trying to go back I notice it was just a popup on top of the main page.

But I presume people wouldn't know this, as there's no button of sort to close the pop up on mobile to view the main page unless you mistakenly pressed the back button on your browser.

I think it'll be ideal to add a button to close the initial popup.
Princeeibn

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2024, 03:03:10 PM

I am developing a service/software for mempool monitoring and RBF transactions for buying runes or ordinals. Additionally, I have implemented UTXO management, as standard wallets do not offer such solutions, often leading to overpayment for transactions (e.g., when transferring funds from one wallet to several others). I decided to make the service as a website, believing it would be much more convenient for users. Moreover, with this approach, users do not have to provide their WIF/private key to use the software, minimizing the fear new users may have since they sign the transaction themselves and can see what they are signing.

At this stage, the core part of the project is almost ready, and I have decided to promote the software among potential users in parallel with its development. I would like to find at least some users (beta testers) who can help me find and fix various bugs. However, I am facing a problem—I am not quite sure how, where, or through whom I can promote my service. Over the past month, I have managed to start collaborating with only two closed groups on Discord, but unfortunately, the number of users who actually use the software is minimal (up to 10 people).

How can I find interested people and communities? How are crypto projects generally promoted?

For those interested, here is the usage guide: https://docs.bitioll.xyz

And the website itself: https://bitioll.xyz (Currently, I am manually granting access to all interested users, so if anyone is interested, please reach out, and I will provide an access key Smiley )

This is a good one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: