Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 04:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Bitcoin to help minorities in East Asian State. Fear I may disappear  (Read 7 times)
BorealUS (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 01:56:27 PM

Please understand that I must be vague in some aspects for fear of my well being and maybe life, as I have developed a software building on Bitcoin that takes some power away from a state to control undesirable minorities.

Threat Model: Keeping State Actors from shutting out individuals from economic activity (based on a real example)

Hello,

last year I was loosely chatting with a person from a country with dictatorial streaks. He told me that because he was a critic of the state, he has great difficulty buying things on the internet and in person, because his account from a popular payment app was being restricted.

He had access to cryptocurrency but it was hard for him to find people that would be willing to sell to him, as they would not list their wares online for fear of it being known that they sell to oppressed minorities. It was all word of mouth.

So I developed an application based on a new protocol that allows people to safely and securely list their wares so that minorities like him can buy them.

The trick is that all their listings are encoded in the Bitcoin Blockchain itself. It is stenography in the blockchain. So as long as he has access to his cryptocurrency, he can see the listings and participate in normal market activity that the state wants to keep him from. I have published the tool for transparency here:

https://git.tchncs.de/BorealUS/blockaze

There are also public faucets and websites available, thanks to the community, which you can find but I will not advertise here. I have documented everything as well as I can so that if I am not here anymore a strong individual can continue. Please back up the code yourself too if you can, because this easily directs the ire of said state at me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: