Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 08:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram CEO is arrested, do you continue investing in tokens in Ton ecosystem?  (Read 22 times)
Vincom (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

₿itcoin maximalist

View Profile
Today at 05:47:04 AM

With Telegram's massive user base, TON has rapidly gained traction. Its 100k TPS speed and Tap-to-Earn memecoins have contributed to a market cap of nearly 20B USD [1]. Once considered a formidable competitor to Solana, Avalanche, BNB Chain, and Ethereum, TON's ecosystem has flourished.

Telegram's global operations may be jeopardized following the arrest of its CEO, Pavel Durov, in France on multiple charges of serious criminal activity. The potential for increased censorship efforts by other governments poses a significant threat to the app's future [2].

Investor sentiment toward the Ton blockchain took a hit as several tokens experienced price drops. TON, for instance, fell from 7 USD to 5 USD, and NOT from 0.012 USD to 0.008 USD, causing concern among those who had invested in Ton ecosystem tokens.

Conversely, the Telegram community is rallying behind their CEO, further elevating their esteem for Telegram and Ton due to their decentralized and unregulated nature. This could potentially fuel a surge in the value of Ton ecosystem tokens.

As the market swings, the pessimists will flee in terror, while the optimists will seize the moment to accumulate. But I'm a spectator, watching the drama unfold, hoping that Telegram's future remains bright.

I want to know your opinion on this issue:
  • Are you holding any tokens in the Ton ecosystem?
  • Did this news make you worry about the future of the Ton blockchain?
  • What was your action upon receiving this news: sell/hold/buy tokens?

References:
[1] Coinmarketcap: Toncoin Ecosystem Tokens
[2] French authorities can hold Pavel Durov until Aug. 28

“If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.”
Satoshi Nakamoto
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 3850

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:07:24 AM
Merited by Oshosondy (1)

If the system is decentralized, the impact of the CEO's arrest is not supposed to be long-term, meaning that all the losses that occurred will be compensated in less than a week, but the problem lies in the impact of the decision on Telegram. If the service policies change, it may affect users, which will greatly affect the platform and the token. Therefore, knowing what will happen to Telegram in the future is more important than what will happen to the CEO.

betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
Today at 07:10:46 AM

If the system is decentralized, the impact of the CEO's arrest is not supposed to be long-term, meaning that all the losses that occurred will be compensated in less than a week, but the problem lies in the impact of the decision on Telegram. If the service policies change, it may affect users, which will greatly affect the platform and the token. Therefore, knowing what will happen to Telegram in the future is more important than what will happen to the CEO.

I agree. It's a great price off for the TON itself, however, it's interesting what the situation will boil down to in the end.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 3850

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:23:39 AM

I agree. It's a great price off for the TON itself, however, it's interesting what the situation will boil down to in the end.
I haven't invested in TON yet but I would consider it a good entry point, the success of the project revolves around attracting the attention of stablecoins and unfortunately what is happening with Telegram is that stablecoins will not move to TON due to political tensions. Their success in attracting stablecoins is what will gain the token a very high value.

betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
Today at 07:30:00 AM

I haven't invested in TON yet but I would consider it a good entry point, the success of the project revolves around attracting the attention of stablecoins and unfortunately what is happening with Telegram is that stablecoins will not move to TON due to political tensions. Their success in attracting stablecoins is what will gain the token a very high value.

Yeah, but I think the fud about it will die eventually pretty soon, and Telegram is here to stay, so Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: