Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nice analysis of short term BTC price by Gyft CEO Vinny Lingham  (Read 2086 times)
BTCtrader71 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:39:39 PM

Finding Equilibrium : Searching for the true value of a Bitcoin

https://medium.com/p/ba5f3fcce103

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:20:00 PM

Finding Equilibrium : Searching for the true value of a Bitcoin

https://medium.com/p/ba5f3fcce103

Thanks for sharing!
Disclosure: I own Bitcoins personally and within my company, Gyft, which accepts Bitcoin as a payment method. I have bought some Bitcoin today at the current price and will buy & sell them in the foreseeable future. I have every intention to keep trading Bitcoin. The information above is not to be misconstrued as investment advice. Bitcoin is a highly speculative commodity that is best traded by people who have a passion for and understanding of disruptive technologies. Please consult your financial advisor before taking any advice from someone who clearly has nothing better to do that write about Bitcoin on a Sunday evening.

Yes! Bitcoin is indeed for people with passion! And some gov's cu&^@ want to take this passion from us? Smiley
Wont happen. Whatever the price will be!
Support BITCOIN FOREVER!
BTCtrader71 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:47:16 PM

Disclosure: .... Please consult your financial advisor before taking any advice from someone who clearly has nothing better to do that write about Bitcoin on a Sunday evening.

Most financial advisors are waaaaaaaaaaay behind the eight ball on this one ... They'll wait for the price to level out (at $300,000 or $1M or wherever) before advising anyone to buy in.

Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

yup; that's it.  

In fact, it's actually a good bit of writing.  Unless anyone knows of something else;  i'd say this sums up the view held by the majority hodl.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:31:01 AM

Anyone who made 5000%+ returns over the past year or so should not be complaining about paying capital gains tax — it could have been worse and been classified as income tax. That said, it will have an impact on the price of Bitcoin as some people holding them will need to sell some of their coins ahead of tax filing next month.

Is that true? I thought your gains only get taxable if you cash out or spend it? And spending Bitcoin should have not really a big effect in these days...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Zooey

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:03:59 AM

Anyone who made 5000%+ returns over the past year or so should not be complaining about paying capital gains tax — it could have been worse and been classified as income tax. That said, it will have an impact on the price of Bitcoin as some people holding them will need to sell some of their coins ahead of tax filing next month.

Is that true? I thought your gains only get taxable if you cash out or spend it? And spending Bitcoin should have not really a big effect in these days...

the moment when both the answer the question: do you understand correctly and this explanation, which forced your question, are correct.

Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
BTCtrader71 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:26:27 AM

Vinny made a good point here I think. There are probably some early-adopter bitcoin bulls who did lots of buying and selling in 2013 and only realized last month that they incurred capital gains tax when they sold.

Example:
Bob buys 1 btc in 2011 for $10
He is a hodl'er, but decides to try his hand at arbitrage in 2013 so he does this:
sell 1 btc at $110 in exchange A, and at the exact same time buy 1 btc at $100 in exchange B.

He figures he just gained $10 and knows in the back of his head that he'll have to pay tax on that, but it's only $10, no big deal. It's not until April 2014 that his tax advisor tells him that when he sold at $110, he incurred $100 in capital gains and needs to pay tax on the full $100. Which unfortunately means he needs to sell a little bit before April 15 rolls around Sad

Zooey

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:52:24 AM

i'm glad I do not have to think about such total communist cock inclusion in what I do.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: